Game Jolt just banned all sexual content

Its no problem, I’d be super pissed too. The noose tightening around NSFW communities is always annoying and concerning.

Hopefully we’ll be able to provide a secure platform for hosting this year so that no one needs to worry about this garbage anymore.

7 Likes

something I wish was more common in NSFW circles would be the option to download stuff trough torrents since it is such a hard thing to censor

2 Likes

The fact that I’m only hearing about the site through this forum, like with itch, shows that they likely don’t have as much a demographic as they think they might to do this.
I’m not going on to a site that’s going the Google route if they’re pulling this kind of BS.

1 Like

First, Tumblr. Then, YouTube. Now, GameJolt?!? I swear, the world of online entertainment is getting worse and worse…

3 Likes

If they take down any of the late Yoobii’s games, I’m out…

Their horror games look to be up still, don’t know what else they made.

Mostly the “Annventure” series, as well as “The Brains and The Brawn”, the “Annabelle” series among others. He also seemed to dabble a little in inflation fetishism and created the character “Ego” who got her own inflation based spinoff game with “Egoventure”. I only recently learned that he took his own life & its a great tragedy not because he won’t be making more games, but because the loss of life is always a tragedy, especially when it comes to suicide. Poor guy was obviously dealing with some mental issues & it’s sad that it ended the way it did.

RIP Yoobii. You are greatly missed.

3 Likes

One of the Things that Has been going on on YT with the channels that I’ve watched, is the goofiness of the new rules on guns, You apparently cannot show a 30 round magazine anymore, or at least not without getting demonetized, so a lot of people have made 29 round magazines, which is basically just a stopper epoxied in, just to show the silliness of this rule.

Again it is rather stupid, it’s the same thing as not having certain images or swearing within the first 15 seconds of a video (such as hiding chat from twitch streams, Bokoen having to plaster a monetized circle on the Reich country ball, etc.)

Heck, I heard that Youtube wants to do some NFT add-on or something. After learning how Butters used NFTs I’m just stunned at the possibility.

4 Likes

I’m not entirely versed on the whole NFT thing, what happened?

Well on South Park, during a special they had on streaming, the cast had all grown up due to Covid. However, each of them has their own issues that bog them down, none more so than Butters.
I’m not too versed in the whole NFTs myself, other than that it is some unique piece that is digitized. Somehow through the process it is sold as currency itself, or something along the lines. Digital art is more common, but there are others in terms of gifs and other digitalized media that can be used as such. The problem is that NFTs are more speculative in comparison to other cryptocurrencies, and scams are heavily common with NFTs. Literally you could buy a picture of a cat for say $40, yet you will most likely never be able to sell it more than that (or even match the price you bought it at, similar to a Ponzi scheme of sorts).

I’ll hide the Butters reference in spoiler:

Butters was left grounded for a long time, and with a tablet as his only connection, he began to surf the web. His parents vanished, so no one knew that Butters kept surfing until he stumbled on NFTs.
After learning the possible use of NFTs as an investment Butters went crazy at selling them. He got good, so good in fact people literally gave their entire life savings over a gif of a dog in a tutu. Well at some point people realized his terrifying power to cause chaos and locked him in a mental asylum to stop him from bankrupting the world. However, he escaped thanks to him getting a paper cup. And… well here’s a video showing the result of his ability, as well as some terminology meaning behind it: Explaining the Crypto/NFT Language in South Park: Post COVID: The Return of COVID - YouTube

Edit: I won’t go any further, this is getting off topic…

2 Likes

To answer your question with clarity, the acronym stands for “non-fungible token”; it is less that you own the art and more that you own a code connected to the art. It’s basically that you rent an art piece than legally own it, and you can the rent contract to someone else, but the only time anyone will want to buy those things is when they’re less expensive.
Basically, they’re being treated as the new cryptocurrency, or more like the next big stock investment. People are buying them and hoping to sell for a better profit, problem is though is that nearly everyone (minus those that aren’t sold on it) is trying to do the exchange thing the same way.
Only ones who make the most money are the original “creators” (I’m using this term very loosely) of the art piece. When you sell an NFT, some of the money goes to the original owner.

1 Like