Girthbound 1.8 The Heavy Update

This hack does not feature weight gain. Only fat characters. However I have learned it is possible to program a weight gain feature! I’m currently taking a break from this project so it’ll be awhile for me to fully implement it

14 Likes

Weight gain feature in earthbound? I already loved this project since it was first made, so if that got added to it would honestly be a dream game, I’d even pay for it!

3 Likes

kind of like ask a question when you have time answer Mr.Spiffy Do weight gain going act like a buff/debuff when party member gain too much weight from eating too much food or do party member normally gain weight by eating food or so? (sorry if this is dumb question!)

1 Like

so is it just a everyone is fat or will there be any weight gain?

1 Like

Like three up my guy.

3 Likes

welp I feel dumb. guess I should have looked more

1 Like

Is this a Vinesauce reference?
-_- YT source

8 Likes

Oh please
YT source

3 Likes

hey am i only question why the 2nd character’s parents are still human? make me think either something happen to her, or she is adopted.

2 Likes

If there was a way to get my OC in there I totally would love to!

1 Like

dangit! someone beat me to the punch! I was going to ask if I could make a spritesheet for this. just the one.

1 Like

Wait what? Her parents should have custom sprites. Lemme go check

2 Likes

They should look like this. If that’s not the case then maybe an older version was posted?
If it is an older version, I can update it real quick. Don’t worry, updating the mod won’t hurt your save so long as you name the rom the same as the previous one.
Girthbound005
Girthbound006

3 Likes

ok thank you, i was confuse on that

1 Like

okay so im a bit confused as to how to install it

1 Like

What do you mean by “install?” Are you having trouble downloading it or?

1 Like

To all the people asking “how do”, there’s an installation TXT in the zip file with detailed instructions.

1 Like

I must apologies, I didn’t know it has like that. Thanks for remind me about it. Again, my apologies.

1 Like

I’ll repeat my thoughts from what I said on twitter.

As someone who’s tried to Hack Earthbound, I am ABSOULTELY impressed

2 Likes

Honestly, I am not a fan of the original characters, so I don’t mind that they’re replaced with anthros.

I do have to say, maybe it’s not my general prefered style of fat, but it’d be cool to see some more enemies that are round and mobile looking instead of the more blobbish look a lot of them have.

2 Likes