Sims 4 Mod Ideas

Now this, I can get behind

It has been a while since I have played Sims 4, but I don’t think the Glutton trait made eating another way to get Fun, right? I was thinking that a true Glutton would get at least some minimal entertainment from eating. I don’t know if the AI would do it autonomously or what else would be part of a new trait, but it is something I wish was incorporated in the original Glutton trait in some shape or form.

On a similar train of thought, would a Stuffer trait make a sim gain Fun from eating while full?

1 Like

Yep. Besides, there’s not enough diversity when it comes to food. Adding potatoes and bees will give that. Oh, and try not to get stung…

1 Like

I’m not sure if anyone has come up with similar ideas, but I have one suggestion. In sims 4 there is fat slider, belly slider and pregnant belly slider. Maybe with those sliders would be real to create more realistic weight gain system: when character eat food her/his belly slider increases on some amount to show belly fullness level. After some time belly slider move back to show that food was diggested and fat slider move up. Pregnancy belly slider may be used to create bigger belly size. So, I am just talking about similar weight gain mod which I made for Fallout 4 ( Weight Gain mod v1.8 (Fallout 4) - YouTube )
P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

5 Likes

I have considered doing that, creating a stuffed moodlet that temporarily extends a sims stomach, also I have always wanted to play with your mods but sadly I play on console lol.

1 Like

how about a mod that instead makes most careers give players a slight weight increase for when they get a promotion?

kinda like a temporary weight gain buff like how you did it for the fattener trait?

Thats an interesting idea, but I am not sure how many people would want that.

RIP.
sucks seeing as that’s the main way I prefer to play the sims when it comes to weight gain.
a bit off topic, but I think ravenous is kinda just eh. as it really doesn’t seem like an uptick in hungriness or basic sim autonomy from when I play normally.

More routine weight stuff. I remember that if celeb sim in sims 3 got fat, journalists would gossip about it and there will be a “shame” moodlet.

In sims 4 there are no differences if character is fat or slim. A mod, that adds such miscellaneous things would be perfect. Sims should actually react to weight changes, get moodlets, have preferences etc.

2 Likes

I asked for ideas on new mods, not critique on my current ones, lol.

1 Like

Yeah thats a good idea, they removed those things im guessing because they got complaints about how being fat shouldn’t be shameful

2 Likes

True. It’s pretty much an engine wide issue and not mod wise seeing as traits pretty much mean nothing in sims 4.

1 Like

More immersion would be a brilliant modding topic for Sims 4 and like you’ve already said, a good area to start could be reactions. It would be awesome to have first person messages pop up over stepping on a scale or looking into a mirror.

2 Likes

Well, ravenous increases how much the sim eats. So it actually does mean something

It’s something I will probably look into working on soon

1 Like

This 100%.
I love coldsteelj’s mod. It is the mod that sort of catapulted my interest in weight gain stuff.
I think this sort of mod would be awesome, and also the implementation of sim reactions and moodlets based on their own weight/stuffing and other people’s weight/stuffing.
To add to it, I’d also like a funnel or a forced feeding furniture. Which I think was requested before, but it’s be awesome. Such furniture could be implemented into the new Career you made.

1 Like

Good move. Even if it’s “realistic” it can open up all sorts of bad vibes.
I think the general consensus is to Leave Them Kids Alone.

I have an idea. How about a trait that just adds moodlets when your sim eats, is/ is getting fat, etc. Like getting a happy moodlet for eating and adding some fetishy flavor text. Being flirty when you look at yourself in the mirror if your sim is fat. Things like that. I think it would give a lot more personality to a feedee/ gainer sim.

I’m not sure how difficult it would be, since I have limited experience with The Sims 4 modding, but something I’ve always wanted in the game is sims getting more out of shape the fatter they get.

Currently, a sim’s physical fitness is only defined by their fitness skill. So, you can have a sim be morbidly obese, but still lift weights like a bodybuilder or run a mile on the treadmill without breaking a sweat, as long as their fitness skill is high. Which has always bothered me.

If possible, it’d be nice to have a mod where they struggle to jog or run on the treadmill when they’re fat, and get tired really quickly from doing so, even if their fitness skill is really high. It would be great for roleplaying an athletic sim who let themselves go. It would also make losing weight more of a challenge for really big sims.

1 Like