Gumia's Unbelted Terror Updated December 2023

I wouldn’t exactly call it a “huge” update. It’s ok sized because I had to spend a ton of time repeating things
because of bugs or remaking scenes to play better. I also spend a month or two making stuff for the next area that wont be in the update because it’s not ready/ is still on patreon.

2 Likes

So an update thats mostly or utterly bug free then with some nice content?

1 Like

I accidentally skipped through the dialog where do I go next or is this the end of the current game?

1 Like

Update is ready. Check the OP for links.

8 Likes

1 Like

please help I don’t know what I am supposed to do next

1 Like

just noticed the update will old save files be fine to use?

1 Like

You go outside to the right

1 Like

Probably not. There’s a save included anyway just in case.

1 Like

i was mainly asking to conferm if i need to delete the old game files and just unpack the new stuff or if i could past it over the old ones and replace all but my save.

Ether way thx for the reply :3

1 Like

yea with rpg maker games its best to not merge new files with old ones unless its a specific hot-fix patch that only effects a few files

you should be able to copy and paste your old save file into the save folder

1 Like

Ok, so, I’ve had time to collect my thoughts on the update:

-The ‘shipping’ was unexpected and, frankly, rather unwelcome? I mean, Phage has been all over literally any girl she could this entire game so far, and Lotta has only ever seemed annoyed. Now she’s jealous? And getting nude in the bath with Phage? Couple that with Phage’s dream/flashback and Holy F that is a bomb waiting to go off.

-The Desert feels, incredibly empty. Granted, I might have missed something, but just the Queen? I don’t think there was a single other female Afrit in the area. Let alone one we could enable.

-The ship section was a big, ‘meh.’ Maybe that was the point of the joke, but having the player in the gut of the ship tying cargo down when there was much more excitement on deck is a rather poor narrative choice.

-There was 1 fight the entire section, and it was a fight available in the last update.

2 Likes

I agree with pretty much most of what you’re saying. I’m not very happy with this update either. I don’t want to make any excuses but I had to do a lot edits and remake a lot of the areas in this town because stuff was broken. As for the relationship stuff I probably jumped it too fast but there are some hints in different areas that suggest she has some feelings for Phage.

The big real issue I want to address is the barren town. The dev process has always been and will probably always be is that I make a chunk of towns and then when that big chunk is done I go back and add in all the nonstory content all at once.

4 Likes

whenever I try to enter the castle it just freezes on this screen

1 Like

I just uploaded a new version to itch fixing some bugs including this one

4 Likes

whoa new update already came out also I’m guessing I can’t port my saves, well thank you anyway Grim

2 Likes

Not played through the update yet, but I wanted to share something I found cool. I love it when character names have meanings to them, even if it’s just a silly reference. Well, for fun I looked up the character names for our 4 protagonists and found… nothing? It’s seems that all of them are just made up names, as no document lists anyone named Phage, Lotta, Fress, or Adipe. So I looked them up as words instead. Adipe literally translates to “fat”, and Fress means “snack”. Grimimic, this was totally on purpose, was it not? Lotta just means “lots of” or “large”. But Phage is the cool one. As Phage means “a thing that devours”. Grimimic you cheeky bastard, I love it!

Not sure if anyone mentioned this before, but I thought it was fun. I now must also contend with the fact I literally looked up the word “Adipe” or “fat” in census books.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think I’ve realized that a long ass time ago by now. Chickens with british accents weren’t enough, this is the next level lol

4 Likes

God I forgot about this, this is my old account, @Grimimic are you still working on where attunements is in a shop that you can buy them with the same currency or unique currency?

1 Like

I am seriously considering this

6 Likes