Has the Quarantine 15 affected you or those around you?

I was wondering if other people here have experienced anything like I have a year after the quarantine began. Last year, a vast majority of the people on my campus were super fit and no one really talked about body positivity. But after starting college this year again, I’ve noticed that a lot of the students here seemed to have filled out quite a bit since I left, which I wasn’t expecting because until now I thought the Quarantine 15 was just a myth. There’s also been a notable amount of conversation over body-positivity that I’ve overheard being talked about, and a lot of the bigger girls here seem to have gotten a lot more confident and are wearing things like crop tops! Maybe it’s just my area here in Florida, but it seems as if people have become more accepting of fat people now, which fetish aside is a pretty cool phenomena!

So now I’d like to know, has the Quarantine led to any weight gain in either you or your peers, and has there been any reaction to this?

1 Like

I gained weight during this quarantine like 30 pounds and I believe people as a whole got their lives significantly changed due to this quarantine so maybe they learned lessons along the way or they’re afraid of offending someone now not sure to be honest

4 Likes

I don’t really pay too much attention to the peers around me, but my professors have joked about this being the new Freshman 15, so I’d say there’s a medium level of awareness over in my community too.

1 Like

Issues beyond my control has actually led me to loose weight, sadly. But I am all too glad to hear about people being more accepting of fat/obesity. There can never be too much of that, in my eyes.

3 Likes

Even though its a super hot concept everyone I’ve seen has basically been identical… could be the short sightedness though lol. I’d say not having to piss around outside and having to wake up makes it easier to stick to my diet actually

1 Like

Personally, I lost about 5 lbs (160 is my total). over the course of the past year. Not a problem for me since I would prefer to be thin myself. As for people around me, I can’t say since I’ve stayed in my home pretty much the whole time (not out of fear since about may, but for other reasons).

1 Like

Yeah I actually ended up losing a little weight myself as well, but my experience seemed to be the exception on my campus which was one of the reasons I thought about making this thread

1 Like

Nope
Actually lost what little I got
This hounds metabolism burns through things quickly to put it lightly

1 Like

No weight gain really, nor me or people around me. I don’t live in USA or any other country that had a more severe case with coronavirus and pretty much everyone in my family eats pretty healthy other than the occasional take-out, so not that much change. Especially for me since my metabolism is insane.

1 Like

I was lazy before, I am lazy now and I would be lazy after.

Nothing changed for me, I am not a sport girl, I lost my job first months of the pandemic and not found one since.
No problem I have money aside so I am not very in hurry.
I didn’t take weight not lost weight, still average, not fat, not fit.

1 Like

People who have always been dormant probably will stay the same, I think the people gaining are those who ate excess before but somehow kept it in balance with activity and haven’t changed those behaviors to suit the new lifestyle.

Unrelated to the situation, I’ve introduced an hour cardio to my daily schedule so I’ve been going down instead.

3 Likes

Many friends including me have gained weight. Me on purpose, since I was underweight, but thanks to quarentine I discovered some of my friends had a wg fetish aswell lmao

5 Likes

I work a physically demanding job so having that taken away for a few months definitely did a number on my waistline. That number being 40 (pounds). I am currently the heaviest I’ve ever been at 172lbs and I’ve been back to work since September, so I’ve probably developed some bad habits. I feel conflicted about it because I’ve always been slim and while I like the idea of gaining weight, I’d prefer to hold off on that until I can enjoy it with a partner.

3 Likes

Then turn the fat to muscle through exercise my friend, then when you have a partner you could get the so called muscle gut physique by this hounds reckoning

1 Like

I’d actually love to have the muscle gut physique but tons of others including some of my family I feel like prefer me as a skinny legend but if I’m going to have a skinny look I’d like to be able to do acrobatics really well

4 Likes

A friend’s sister’s friend blew tf up over quarantine. I didn’t see her for about a year since covid first appeared in the media, before she was maybe 120lbs but just recently I got to see her, now she’s got a damn boulder hanging off her. Unsure of it’s actual size but she walks with a hardcore waddle and is really awkward when she moves… like somebody who’s not used to carrying so much belly :heart_eyes:

6 Likes