Hefty Harpy Hauler

ok so, i have no skill in ANY part of game design, so:

what is it? a game where you, a harpy, have to haul things from point A to point B, moonlander style, in your stomach. there would be various mechanics, such as an upgrade system, physics(large cargo loads would “shift” with movement, causing inertia), and customization(wing and hair color, clothing, ect).

one thing i think would be neat, is that you would start out pretty small physically, and through the various upgrade slowly become bigger visually. bigger wings for more flight power, bigger body(either fat or muscle) for more stamina, bigger stomach so you can hold more cargo(with would probably either be liquids, or solids), so over the course of the game would would essentially go from being a small pigeon sized harpy, to roughly an albatross of a bird.

and that’s roughly about all i can come up with. feel free to grab this idea if you want to do something with it

7 Likes

I like that idea! I though sadly I also have no experience what so ever so I can’t help you on that front even though I want to.

what’s this “moonlander” you mention? I guess it involves carrying stuff around inside you? I am interested in this

MK.IIB what’s this “moonlander” you mention? I guess it involves carrying stuff around inside you? I am interested in this

Sounds like they mean Lunar Lander style games.
They started way back in the early days of computers and involved flying a little spaceship (like the one that actually landed on the moon) from one side of a level to the other.
You had to manage things like fuel consumption, directional velocity, and making sure you landed softly.
Here’s a Wikipedia article if you want to know more.

1 Like