Hi there, been posting for quite a while now. SexyFatGirlRenders

Spent most of the day working on learning a general technique for making a shirt ride up on a belly that has gained weight.

So as of right now, damp clothing can’t be in my game. But outgrowing clothes? Yep!

2 Likes

Extremely long description about process on deviantart. But suffice it to say I’m confident I can include at least mild outgrown clothing in a game. Although attempting and failing to put on clothing is still something I haven’t demonstrated mastery over, because I suck at placing the fingers in the exact right spot. But in terms of actually making clothing designed to auto-fit perfectly… fit incorrectly instead? I can do that.

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about using real photos for backdrops, just because the backdrops are rarely the focus of a VN.

But well… the result wasn’t actually that great. Then again this is a random old photo, if I started taking ones with this in mind I might find a good combination. Then again maybe not.

How do people feel about mixing photos and renders?

1 Like

It would probably matter more depending on if you are planning on doing sprites or full scene renders. I think for some renders using partial real images are fine, like a horizon behind houses or maybe the sand on a beach, one all of a coffee shop with some real graffiti. There are plenty of VN’s that have certain renders be partially real images. But at least in my opinion generally when a VN uses complete real photos as a full back drop when models are also in the scene it’s super distracting. It’s obviously used more often when using sprites vs full scenes but I will say I’m not a fan of it.

I also did a version with depth of field. I didn’t link it here because it turned out poorly. This is the only reason to render such an image. Otherwise I might as well let ren’py merge the images.

With depth of field there’s no real difference between an image and a scene. Other than the fact that the image doesn’t cost any render time at all and the scene can make it take a long time (or even overshadow your vram limit.)

But yes, I agree, I think that it might be good to use a real photo as a backdrop in an indoor render only visible out windows. That would mean no need for grass or trees which are hard to make use of when indoors.

Today I was working on my first “scene”. No end of trouble. I was trying to deform a butt imprint into a bench that was to seat two people but was one polygon wide, and I bashed my head at that. Then I did a bunch of detailed lighting on the wrong camera because I hid my main camera, then all the lighting temperature was wrong, but I only noticed when my brown strand based hair turned grey. Then a plate of cake wasn’t the same plate as a plate of eggs. Then I forgot :stuck_out_tongue: Oh yeah, got a better chair, deformation worked, but I was too lazy to lasso geometry delete the chair and replace it with a single chair object so it was part of the restaurant scene object which meant…

The deformation for the butt imprint in the seat cushion would destroy the table if she got within 2 inches of the table.

Blah blah blah. 6 hours ago she was going to get fat in animation or series of images or whatever. Now I’m not even happy with her as a stock figure in a stock pose. And I’m out of time.

ETA on a game: +1 years more than yesterday.

edit1:

edit2: Good news dear self: You now know what a smoothing modifier is, and are better at using scene subsets. You have more experience with lighting/hdri settings and what they do and what they mean. {9000 temperature default is nuts, even 7500 is too high, the above orange-ish image is down around 3500, so something like 5000-6000 is going to look normal, although IIRC in real life normal is 7500 so that’s why some lights default to 7500 or 9000 I guess.}

Bad news: You tried to learn about the daz3d pbrskin wit micronormals, and got it to work in an example, but when you tried to use it in the above image, you made a ghost.

edit3:

edit4:

1 Like

I wish weightgaming forum supported webp’s my next image is 30mb png, 3mb webp, 9mb png scaled down to look worse.

I got some help with the bite being taken out of the donut from the official discord~! Thanks {I’m not sure if the person who helped wants to be shouted out or not so I left their name missing from this sentence for now but I can always edit this post to add it later.}

The full unbitten donut was making it so I never learned how to do a chewing facial expression (plus it was cute how she was being coy and hiding from the camera behind a donut). Heh. I guess I have to learn eventually though. This is a poor facial expression for chewing, but I can always try again another day.

1 Like

So I did a weight gain series. Uh. don’t wanna spam my own thread so I’ll spoiler some of it.

Summary

Uploading: chelseabreakfastDTDtest6imageseries104.png…

Series is now visible at my dA, took a while to post them all.

And a special thanks to https://twitter.com/CaptainElderly for bite technology in donuts! @CaptainElderly

1 Like

chelseabreakfastDTDtoplessicingIFIXEDitlightingwetnessgonetest9frame13_Breastview

Icing technique thanks to a tip from https://www.deviantart.com/cinna-sticks

Also I’ve gotten better at using renderqueue and multiple cameras, so total volume of renders required for a game, are certainly possible. Although I’m still being pulled towards the dark side of using sprites because it’s not just 10-100 faster it’s 10-100 times EASIER :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is my first time trying to pose a tongue, out, up, over, looks a bit derpy but I think serviceable, probably the derp factor would be less noticeable if zoomed out.

These files are too big to upload here, I can make low filesize webp’s of them, but this forum doesn’t support webp’s dang.

I’m working up to more NSFW content I guess. I think this angle is pretty good. Not gonna rerender everything just choose the best shots for this treatment.

1 Like

This was a request for someone on dA

This is beyond the limit in terms of maximum fatness and my skill level for a render. Her belly is clipping through her leg. If she was standing up this wouldn’t happen.

I have some ideas on how to fix this. But I won’t be able to make someone to fat in a game with this sort of technical flaw in the renders. I might make super fat side characters who can’t sit down, and have the main love interest limited in size. We’ll have to see. I need to stop studying renders though so I can write some code for things like custom screens in ren’py. It’s tough though because renders are fun.

Notes about this render for myself, just to reduce the odds I forget these things: Refraction 0 for sunglasses and glossy 0 for non-reflection IOR controls glass thickness and cannot go below 1.0 so an IOR of 1.0 might help remove distortion from the hdri in the lens of the glasses, which is still bothering me and no one else.
Also, for a belly this large I might want to disengaged the maximum limit on pelvis bend so I can do a negative pelvis bend past -25

2 Likes

In my personal experience, even “professional” visual novels do this. I’ve seen several “pay real money for this” games from Japan using photos (oftentimes manipulated with some photo-editing software - such as this thing - to look more like whatever the VN characters look like) as backgrounds.

I’d argue that if the people who sell their products in the actual marketplace do this, you can too. Though I’d agree that passing it through a filter or something to make it better resemble the foreground characters/props is a good plan.

Perky belly (left)? Or Heavy belly(right)? Disregard size, that can be changed at a whim.

More details (how) on deviantart, also in the full quality image if you zoom into the eyeball the perky belly version has a full reflection in the glass lens of her glasses and the effect is massively reduced for heavy belly girl, if you know, you wanted to vote on that too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

(just wanted to quickly say you can put up polls for these, might help you make questions like these)

• Perky belly (left)
  • Heavy belly (right)
  • Both. Both is good

0 voters

(do tell me if you want to set it up yourself though and I’ll take this one down, won’t do anything except remove already added votes, but y’know, you can)
(OR if you just want me to remove it cuz you want people to only vote via reactions on the thread, which is also fair)

Anyways
Haven’t looked at this thread in a bit, just wanna say I love what you’re doing, keep it up!, I have absolutely no clue as to how any of it works, but that’s why I leave it to the people that do lmao

as for my vote, I like both of them if I’m being honestly, you could possibly put different renders like this through a context like being stuffed vs not being stuffed. Idk, again, I have no idea what I’m talking about, but it’s a thought.
(Though, if you want a vote either way, I gotta go for the left one, just a slight preference I suppose)

On another note

Remember to mainly keep doing what you think is most fun, don’t push yourself to write code when you’d rather render. And feel free to ask for help! I’d love to sit down and help with some pieces of code! (feel free to DM me on that as well if you want to)

1 Like

It’s not really code so much as graphic design. I know how to make an ugly custom menu. I need to spruce it up with icons and colors. The code is the part I’m most confident in, then comes renders which I’ve just learning.
ATM I’m trying to draw some inspiration from newgrounds circa 2008 dating sims. Which is making me think I need to design a custom map screen, which again I can easily code, but I need to spurce it up and make it actually look engaging to click on endlessly.

There’s a lot of sex themed non-wg themed games out there that operate off of a custom map screen. I can try to get my design concepts from those. One worry I have is that 1 action per day would be awful, but I find games that model every hour of the day tedious and grindy. Which is sort of an open ended problem with no real solution.
I also still haven’t settled on any main female protagonists, I need to find a face I can willingly commit to for 100s or 1000s of renders.

The renders aren’t really a waste of time though, I’m focusing on scenes that would fit into the narrative of the game. Although so far I’ve only been putting any work into sidewalk in town, restaurant, bedroom, bathroom, and a game will need a dozen or two dozen more locations :smiley:

Hi there, you can always use photoshop for lowering almost all the usual picture formats but I also recommend using Riot optimizer app.
Mind you Riot cannot work with webp as well, but for example you can use it for lowering the size of a 100 mb png,jpg,bmp (and some other formats) without losing that much of a quality.
It also shows a comparison between the original and output lower sized version.

Honestly impressed with how much work you’re putting on the renders

Either way, the coding offer stands, in case you ever want an extra pair of typing hands

So is the problem more in the style design of things (i.e. the looks of the custom menu)
Or more on the game design? (i.e. if you want hours / 1 action ( / maybe an in-between, having an action every part of the day (morning, evening, etc.))

Image 1 or Image 2? (comparing only the effect of the lifting of the belly with the hands, I tried to improve it in image2 and I didn’t bother to re-render the background.)

• Image1 from above post
  • Image2 from above post

0 voters