Hungry Elves - A Translation of Elfas Hambrientas

Hey everyone,
I decided to put the English Translation I made of Elfas Hambrientas into it a new Topic so that all the Bug Reports don’t clutter the original Topic too badly.
Note that I do NOT claim ownership of this game, the original Topic by @juan_alvarez is linked at the top, I only made the Translation and wish to iron out some of the Bugs that I may have caused.

This First Post will always have the most up-to-date Version of the Game, both in encrypted and non-encrypted Form, as well as a short Log of what is newly fixed. This should get rid of having to Scroll all the way down the original Topic to find the correct Download inbetween all the other Posts.

Non-encrypted Version (Files could get jumbled, but smaller)

Encrypted Version (Larger, but less potential weirdness)

Bugs that should be gone:
-Most missing Words and Cut-offs (If you find any, please post where you currently were so I can find them faster)
-Screen fading out at Rachel and Meat store without any good reason
-The PC being a pain
-An Event not playing due to broken Trigger
-The Twins randomly having the Wrong Portraits
-The Text of the Twins’ Quest being unreadable
-Juan now tells you to use “Enter” to use the Phone instead of the Command Name
-The Pizza Slice finally has the correct Description
-The Game will no longer Punish you for finding too many Moths in the Dark Castle
-Fixed the Wrong Item being listed in the Phone during a Quest
-Finally fixed the Title Screen
-Changed the Names to be more 'MURICAN (Only Humans)
-Fixed one of the “Trashbin” Triggers making your Screen dark for no reason
-Fixed one of the Dwarves sending you into eternal darkness (Seriously, why are there so many of these random fadeouts??)
-Added another way to get Fried Chicken
-Fixed Brittany telling you the Wrong Dish for her Quest
-You can no longer skip an entire Quest by accident
-Asking for Coffee is now possible without having a Stroke
-Peppers is no longer satisfied after one Chocolate
-It’s now easier to find Peppers

Feel free to post any other bugs below, I will either fix them or, if I am not able to, tell you why.

15 Likes

broke just after I got to the old man’s house. I tried to go to the forest and the game when to my inventory and would not let me leave it. also still need work on translation. words are missing

I noticed that the translation for the mobile phone says “Accept” instead of “Enter”, which is the name of the key that needs to be pressed. That should probably be fixed.

oh I had problem in the phone but I got based it. I was talking about the item screen where the pepper spay is

My apologies for not being clear, I wasn’t replying to you, but to the main post.

oh ok then that makes sense

I’m continously working on the Words Issue.

I looked around the Forest, but couldn’t find any Problems there, what exactly were you doing when the Game forced you into your Inventory?

I Uploaded a new Update, it should fix a rather funny Bug in the late Game.

A sidenote: It should technically be possible to place your old Saves into the new Versions, since I never touch any Event Switches or Flags, which means that the Game itself doesn’t change much from Update to Update.

I don’t know if I’m stupid or if there’s something I’m not getting, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out how to switch party members. How do I do it?

You don’t. The game switches them for you. If you keep playing you will see why.

1 Like

There is a broken trigger in the “Susan and Brittany” quest line. The stage where you are supposed to bring 50x roasted chicken, whackaburger combos, and double ice cream. You can bring them all the food and nothing happens.

A quick question: Did you read all the Stuff off of the Phone?
Or did you remember all they said to you? I think I found the Problem but I want to make sure about something.

Just going by what’s off the phone, I can’t quite remember what they asked for. Is something missing?

Nope, I just realized that I managed to write the correct Item everywhere BUT the Phone, sooo yeah, thanks for confirming, I’ll upload the new Version soon.

Out of curiosity what is it? Fried Chicken instead of roasted?

Precisely that.
I only asked because I noticed the Mistake but wanted to check if you didn’t remember it or whatever, cause if you had, I would’ve had to maybe readjust all the different Parameters of the Quest or whatever.
Now It’s just a small Problem I fixed in like a Minute.

New Update Has been released, this one is mainly about the Wrong Item, but also some very minor Text Changes

I’m sorry i’ve read the post and i never found something concerning the car in the human world disapearing is this normal or supposed to happen coz now i have pretty much no food left.
Thanks you

Uhhm, could you tell me where it was? I’ll look into it tomorrow, since it’s just past midnight.

Ok so I noticed a few things, there are quite a number of lines that get cut out meaning the translation should adjust for said lines, especially for those lines that are only on one line,
Names: while yes Juan can be used in English, it kind of breaks it a bit, Juan could easily be translated into John, and Moni, could be Monica.
Title card can be translated as well, don’t know if that was an oversite, but giving a heads up, I guess certain animations are hard to translate