If you were to be a Pokémon, which species would you want to be?

A Riolu! No doubt about that.

1 Like

Honestly, I would assume it was a joke about being more attractive, but that’d be insensitive. If you want to be Magnemite, I won’t question it. The jokes end here. But I’m interested, if you’re willing to share.

1 Like

No offense to Snivy, but when I played Pokémon White, and evolved mine, I felt kind of enamored with my Serperior, who I named Ella as a play on Elegant.

1 Like

♪You are my Sunshine!♫ (Just kidding, but I can totally understand)

2 Likes

Honestly, I like the whole snivy line, I just found the first form the cutest.

2 Likes

Understood. Cute is definitely a good reason to like it.

Komala. Sleep all day everyday.

It’s really morbid, though, because it can’t wake up. Literally. It’d die, if memory serves.

If we’re talking advantages, then i’m not going to cheat with legendaries. Simply put, Metagross.

Metagross has the thinking power of four total combined brains, allowing him to make complex calculations in seconds and get the upper hands on any oppenent, not to mention his durability and combatative ptowess, as well as having thehighest base attack and defense stats in the game. So if I wanted to survive in a world of superpowered animals i’d roll with him.

Interest-wise though? Either Gengar, Blacephalon, or Spiritomb. I love ghosts and I love their smiles. Blacephalon solely just to have the opportunity to take off my head and use it as a grenade.

1 Like

That’s pretty brilliant. I think legendaries are mostly rare, rather than super-powerful in a lot of cases, but I agree wholeheartedly with your mindset.

Metagross. Yes. How did I overlook that? Plus its typing is amazing! Like you said, brains, defense, and power to compete in the big leagues! Even if we were talking perception, rather than actual stats, that’d be incredible. You would not wanna run into this guy in a fight!

Gengar, nice. Spiritomb was overpowered, as you likely remember, back in Gen 4. No defenses and hard to hit! But the head grenade thing is pretty hilarious. That said, it takes out a massive chunk of your health to do it, so use it sparingly!

1 Like

probably the Tepig line, or a Gardevoir (I’ve been told it’s because I can be a bit empathic and motherly)

That or just a Snorlax minus the drowsiness and double the gluttony

1 Like

Honestly? if not a legendary, then probably Scolipede. Don’t know why, but I just like the shape of the buggo.

1 Like

I appreciate that you chose Gardevoir for a reason other than its humanoid appearance. It’s true; they’re said to have a deep emotional connection to those they’re close to, especially the Trainer they consider a partner. Their name is actually derived from the French “Garder”, to defend, and “Devoir” which is akin to “should” or “must”, but is closer to ‘to need to’. This is very obvious in their personality. One plays a role in the story of the original Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, which I heard got a spiritual successor in the form of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, a new arrival on Switch, which helped me form my opinion and become as clear on this.

As to the others: Good choices for weight gain and eating. For one thing, Emboar is actually the heaviest Pokémon capable of using Heavy Slam, if memory serves, and this obviously means it’s the most potent user, outside of the move’s (Steel) type.
For another: If I had to pick one to partner with, and they had more humanoid traits, Snorlax would definitely be up there for me, just for that body.

1 Like

Why magnemite?

1. Mechanical thinking
  2. in theory, it might be possible to modify a magnemite’s biology in various ways
  3. Pokemon mystery dungeon: blue rescue team’s first actual partner was one.
1 Like

Very cool. Wasn’t aware of the first 2, but am a fan of the Mystery Dungeon series. Did you hear? They got a spiritual successor-styled rerelease as Pokémon Mystery Dungeon DX.

This:
Slowpoke_AG_anime

3 Likes

Honestly, Slowbro is my spirit animal, but I’ve always wanted to be the (Nido)king.

1 Like

delphox because wizards are hot

3 Likes

Bizarrely enough, this has nothing to do with any weight gain, but my favorite has been Cofagrigus since it became a thing- and I’d rather not talk of the before times. so I’d love to be the adorable cockroach sarcophagus, I guess. The perfect tank, the perfect ghost, the perfect mummy, the perfect can’t be talked about on live due to bad language filters.

2 Likes

My choice would have to be tyranitar.

1 Like