💜 Insatiable Hearts [v0.1.3B] - A monsterfucker+Weight gain Twine Game

Horn growth is now tracked? Damn - gonna try to get the FATTEST Horns. ((I know they’re not ACTUALLY fat, but. It’s the thought that counts.))

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about the covid (and the parents…)

I hope you’ll be feeling better soon enough!

2 Likes

Just dropping a quick patch for this update as a left a few messes before i went to be last night lol

and @Cordite thank you, I appreciate that. I’m on the up for recovery, so hopefully I should be back to normal in a couple days. I can breathe and think clearly again finally, so thats nice lol.

Patch 1: - (08/10/2022)

x Fixed OojinJam & Dilluted Wilderberry Juice not apply stats properly
x Fixed an error in the mushroom scene
x Fixed some errors that were occurring in the swamps exploration scene related to the new weight reactions
x Fixed an error when bethanie changes the players skin color
x Fixed hand descriptions some times not displaying as intended
x For ease of testing, using debug to add provisions now adds the canteen to the players inventory if they hadn’t already picked it up. (It can be acquired from the junk pile in lexi’s camp)

6 Likes

Gave a quick fiddle with it - I’m assuming saves aren’t meant to be compatible, as I’m getting a consistent error message when working from an old save. (Not a big deal either way, just checking)

Error: <>: bad evaluation: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘type’)
Error: <>: error within widget contents (Error: <>: bad conditional expression in <> clause: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘type’))

Is what consistently shows at every scene when using an existing save.

Separately, character descriptions look a bit broken at the moment:

Error: <>: error within widget contents (Error: child tag <> was found outside of a call to its parent macro <>)

That fills most of the description area right now.

2 Likes

In addition to the character screen being overall broken, Hazel eyes show up as clear/translucent.

2 Likes

Ah yeah, saves are unlikely to be compatiable as I added a bunch of new variables to the player character. Once the base mechanics and most variables are in place for the player, the saves should be more compatiable

As for the descriptions, oops, looks like my last quick patch broke the whole thing because I missed a backslash lol.

Put up a quick patch to fix it.

@kamaitachifuutaro turned out hazel was not described in my color synonyms at all so it was defaulting to colorless. Should be fixed in the patch

thanks for the report you two ~

3 Likes

one more quick patch

Patch 3: - (08/10/2022)

x Fixed berry and slime mutagens not applying properly in some areas
x Fixed berry mutagens not properly applying from the berry or its juice
x Fixed waterlogged mutations not causing weight gain
x Increased the average range of fat that can be gained from weight gain tfs
x Fixed the cow leg tf assigning pig legs
x Fixed some of the baronet’s greeting being cut off for female player characters after the first meeting
x Fixed the baronet’s reactions to the players weight gain not properly displaying in the greeting message on occasion

3 Likes

I want to try out the new blueberry and blob transformations when I play this game again.

2 Likes

Got distracted playing Disco Elysium. Good game. lol

Anyways, I’m back with another patch.

Patch 4: - (08/14/2022)

• Added a settings menu to quickly adjust things like debug mode, content warning mode, the swirling background/performance and now an option to change from imperial to metric units of measurement
  • Added a new encounter to the harbor region. You can meet a demon playing “gambit stones” a dice game the player can play with them

x Fixed mystery potion removing two items upon use
x Fixed udder descriptions using the wrong trigger
x Fixed “cow” pattern skin being assigned as a skin type rather than pattern
x Fixed skin pattern not displaying when it should
x Status events and mysterypotion scenes have been given a slight delay in their trigger to allow the backbutton to still be used/ (if you’re quick)
x Fixed being waterlogged with berry juice sometimes triggering a description error
x Fixed Blob TF’s “Grease udder” mutation being broken
x Fixed box braids showing the wrong hair description

6 Likes

How do you get the herb from Fyrfli?

1 Like

Currently you do not. Lore reasons she wouldn’t part with it easy, so the original idea was that it’d be something you can get from her when you got closer, or just steal it from her when shes away from the hut. That option got side tracked as I deved other parts of the game, but now that you brought it up I should probably make that available for new players by this point. Sorry about that.

The easiest way to get the herb right now is to find it randomly from the crate in the swamp or purchase it from the Oojin merchant in the harbor. (or debug menu if you don’t want to put up with that lol)

1 Like

I love Kip, she’s so adorable! Could you take her with you in the future?

1 Like

This is one of my favorite projects on this platform! It is so meticulous and ambitious and despite it being relatively early in development, there are so many unique mechanics and things to do I can hardly imagine how enthralling it will be as it develops further! Phenomenal job!
P.S. Kip is so awesome! Would love to see more of her!

6 Likes

@VPG001 Hehe, I’m glad to hear it. She is fun to write ~
As for her going with you, probably not likely. The game wasn’t designed with companions in mind and it would take some reworking of all major events to include other characters if present. I may just not have the time or energy for it. However, I do plan on characters showing up in other places or being invited place, like taking them out on dates places, etc.

For Kips storyline I have two ideas for plans to get her to move out of the junkyard. One where you take her back to Lexi’s camp and keep her or another where you convince Maeve to keep her at the bar with the other gecklings. The other gecklings will love her, so she gets to be spoiled while you’re away, and in both cases the player can come visit and have fun with her anytime.

@tshaot Wow! That means a lot. I’m mostly just meandering and having fun, but slowly like a feedee’s waistline, it’s growing. hehe.

And thank you. Everyone seems to love Kip. She’s the most interactive so far, so that might be part of it. But her, along with the rest of the cast will get more content in the future and I’m excited to see people enjoying it ~

6 Likes

Taking a bit longer to finish the next supporter version (as this has been a heck of a month, with covid and then coming back its fucking peak time at work with the semester starting back up. Just beat to heck lol)

But yall have been patient and I’ll hopefully have Version [0.1.1G] ready in a few days, so for now I’m putting [v0.1.1F] public, which you can grab below ~

Insatiable Hearts V0.1.1F PUB.zip (472.1 KB)

For the change log, it’s in game or in the post above when I was working on the supporter branch, but I’ll put it below here as well

Click Here For ChangeLog

Version [0.1.1F] - (08/10/22)

Additions

• Debug has been rearranged and new options have been added. Player body proportions can now be minutely tweaked.
  • The system can now calculate up all body parts and determine and assign species
  • Changes in species now has a status message to reflect this
  • Blob mutagens now cause 4 new tfs, the player can now grow a lard filled udder-sack, a cobra like veil, greased hair and a drooly shark-like maw.
  • Slime mutagens now cause a new mutation, “Photosynthetic”, which allows the player to gain calories passively over time, up to a max level of 5 per minute
  • Pig mutagens now cause a new mutation, the soft translucent peach fuzz skin type
  • Cow mutagen’s now have a new mutation, cow spot pattern skin type
  • The inventory system has been remodeled, using a tagging system and more universalized stats. The Inventory can also now be organized by item type to avoid clutter and automatically sorts alphabetically.
  • Various small areas of the game now react to the players weight at different tiers. Notably floorboards creak in the harbor areas or having to squeeze through trees in the swamp
  • Player customization now includes hair styles. Each style has unique descriptions at different hair lengths
  • Hair very slowly grows in length over time now
  • Slime mutagens now have an additional TF, “slime hair”
  • The Harbor region now has an exploration option, it largely shows various sight around the boardwalk, a number of happenings among the cowards
  • The harbor region now includes an option to check out the pier resulting in two new zones
  • Added new area to harbor region, Bethanie’s Beauty Boutique. Bethanie can change the player’s hair cut, hair color, eye color and even skin color in a wide variety of scenes and options
  • New character Bethanie will on occasion have a stuffed belly, resulting in an option to flirt. This can result in a sex scene
  • Added a new area to the harbor region, The Oojinn Junk shop. This new character can be talked to for a variety of scenes as well as being able to buy items from and sell items to them.
  • Created a new automatic link generation system to fill in the Oojinn’s inventory as well as the player’s sellable inventory
  • The harbor region now includes a variety of flavor scenes while exploring
  • Added a new item, Cheese-cake slice
  • Added a new item, Oojin Jam, which causes slime tfs
  • Added a new encounter to the harbor region. A drone carries a package of sweet smelling goods. The player can choose to chase it down and steal its contents for a new item and an increase in gluttony and greed
  • Added a new item, Diluted Wilderberry Juice, which causes berry tfs
  • Added berry mutagens and TFs, including weight gain, stomach capacity increase, perma juice, and pear-shapped changes

Fixes
x Numerous Spelling and grammatical mistakes have been corrected. Community shout out to Fwip for the help!
x Fixed the cow leg transformation not removing from the transformation pool after already being acquired
x Fixed the status message for thigh grow incorrectly showing the down sizing message in some circumstances
x Fixed non-human arm descriptions blending together because of a broken conditional
x Fixed certain mutations replaying after already being acquired
x Fixed Fryfli’s stew not applying stat changes to the player
x Fixed the bonefire at the shore’s option to leave not functioning as intended.
x Fixed ordering puddle prawns at the bar not functioning
x Fixed ordering Maeve’s brew not functioning properly
x Fixed the wilderberry triggered berry events messing up when using multiple berries
x Fixed horn descriptions not properly displaying
x Fixed several state messages not terminating their css font/color modifications where they’re supposed to

Changes
~ The slime tank event now also makes the player gain a small amount of weight
~ The caldera slime and the junkyard slime tank now show what mutagen you’ve been exposed to
~ The debug item menu now uses its relevant emoji icons
~ Horn’s now have a size factor, neph and cow tf’s now have repeated horn growth options to reach larger horn sizes
~ The cascade travel scenes now accommodate the meadow and the shore regions
~ The harbor can now be slept and rested in
~ All regions now have sleeping and resting scenes written
~ Resting on the shore of the astral sea now has a small chance to increase lucidity

Patch 1,2,3: - (08/10/2022)

x Fixed OojinJam & Dilluted Wilderberry Juice not apply stats properly
x Fixed an error in the mushroom scene
x Fixed some errors that were occuring in the swamps exploration scene related to the new weight reactions
x Fixed an error when bethanie changes the players skin color
x Fixed hand descriptions some times not displaying as intended
x For ease of testing, using debug to add provisions now adds the canteen to the players inventory if they hadn’t already picked it up. (It can be acquired from the junk pile in lexi’s camp)
x Fixed Hazel eyes and a few other colors selections resulting in transulecent details
x Fixed the character description screen being broken because of an off by one error
x Fixed berry and slime mutagens not applying properly in some areas
x Fixed berry mutagens not properly applying from the berry or its juice
x Fixed waterlogged mutations not causing weight gain
x Increased the average range of fat that can be gained from weight gain tfs
x Fixed the cow leg tf assigning pig legs
x Fixed some of the baronet’s greeting being cut off for female player characters after the first meeting
x Fixed the baronet’s reactions to the players weight gain not properly displaying in the greeting message on occasion

Patch 4: - (08/14/2022)

• Added a settings menu to quickly adjust things like debug mode, content warning mode, the swirling background/performance and now an option to change from imperial to metric units of measurement
  • Added a new encounter to the harbor region. You can meet a demon playing “gambit stones” a dice game the player can play with them

x Fixed mystery potion removing two items upon use
x Fixed udder descriptions using the wrong trigger
x Fixed “cow” pattern skin being assigned as a skin type rather than pattern
x Fixed skin pattern not displaying when it should
x Status events and mysterypotion scenes have been given a slight delay in their trigger to allow the backbutton to still be used/ (if you’re quick)
x Fixed being waterlogged with berry juice sometimes triggering a description error
x Fixed Blob TF’s “Grease udder” mutation being broken
x Fixed box braids showing the wrong hair description

7 Likes

So, I already linked my bug report on the Discord, but I wanted to pop in here and say how much I enjoyed the new content in this update. The junk shop is a lifesaver for getting spall (one step closer to getting the ‘going home’ ending, if I can ever resist the urge to transform into weird creatures). and between the new harbor content and what was already available on the beach, it is deliciously easy to send characters spiraling down an inescapable path of greed and gluttony. The photosynthesis mutation is also an instant favorite for me, and I’m crossing my fingers that this means a plant TF is planned for some point in the future.

And that’s basically it! Had a lot of fun with slimes, berries, and cheesecake this go-round.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m very glad you’re enjoying it ~
I wanted this update to make things feel more lived in, with the gambling, the shops and all that. Stuff to make it easier to experience the other areas of the game. Which sounds like it might have worked haha. And yes, plant TF stuff is indeed planed.

Also I did get your big report, just in time to tuck those fixes into V0.0.1G when I get the chance, thank you ~

3 Likes

i just want to say you are a genuinely incredible writer. not to dwell or get nerdy but the way you write your intimacy is truly unmatched. there’s so much care in the writing that i find myself constantly smiling/chuckling in disbelief over your detail. i’d also like to stress that there is no way you could be this good at writing fetish lit without being a seriously proficient writer and creative mind outside of that.
i really just can’t give you enough praise over this.

7 Likes

:blush: wow! Thank you. I’m unsure how to respond, other than to thank you so much. That’s probably one of the nicest compliments I’ve ever received online. I have no formal experience or anything, I’m just writing what I want and winging things. I love detail, I love content that engages multiple senses and draws on potentially shared experiences or fantasies, so its what i seek to create. (And by in large, I’m just being self indulgent. Writing this game is just me indulging in my little world)

It makes me deeply happy to hear other people enjoy the way i write ~

I have much more to share in the future, slow going, but, glad to have folk along the way ~

10 Likes

I have aquestion. Are there going to be more starting body types? Because if so could you add one that focuses more on the belly please. I am that one weird dude who has ventriphilia lol.

1 Like