💜 Insatiable Hearts [v0.1.3B] - A monsterfucker+Weight gain Twine Game

It was a fresh save, but unfortunately I have no idea if it was always happening or not, or what item might have caused it. Sorry I couldn’t help more with that.

Hey, so I just thought I’d mention this, upon getting the mutation “You are now mildly photosynthetic”, I started receiving an error that says " Error: <>: bad evaluation: Cannot create property ‘current’ on string ‘[object Object]348’ "

Thank you for the report! I had to run off to work but some quick look over the code, nothing in the autocal system or that transformation looked out of sort at a glance. I’ll have to dig more when I get home, but hopefully thisll help narrow down what could be causing the player object to be converted into a string

Do you remember how you acquired that mutation? Was it from the Oojinn Jam item, the slime encounters or from the debug menu?

Also a curiosity: what browser and OS are you running the game in? Most of my testing is done on windows10 in Firefox and chrome. Hopefully not relevant.

Just checked the WG jelly, and for me it happened after I (intentionally) turned the player object into a string by accepting Nico’s soup on the first meeting. Also checked it before breaking that, and it worked fine. So those definitely seem to be connected, though it remains to be seen if there are other causes for the problem.

The error message Blacknight125 described is also consistent with that problem - it’s the same one I get when I try to eat something after stringifying the player.

2 Likes

lmao, well, thats good to know. I feel like I’ve fixed Nico’s soup bugs a couple times now (but each time it has been late at night, so i might have just been tired)

What is he putting in that soup!

lol. Anyways. Totally possible that something else is at play, I’ll keep combing my current version of the game, hopefully it’s already been fixed by now. But dug up an archived version for the public build and threw in a fix for Nico. (I’m not the best at versioning, but eh)

This one shouldn’t have that error.

The rest if i find any will probably be allocated to the supporter version when i get that wrapped up just because of timing and I kind of dev on one branch like a clown lol

Insatiable Hearts V0.1.1G PUB+.zip (504.3 KB)

4 Likes

Nico’s Soup: now with extra spaghetti code- i mean noodles.

4 Likes

Hey all, happy halloween! Thank you for your patience. I have a new supporter update finally ~
This turned into a chunky update during a month where i was very busy. I overshot my scope and had to cut it down and kind of rush to get things wrapped up in time. I started several new encounters and split my time up between them too evenly, meaning in order to get any of them finished i had to prioritize. Eh, I’m learning project management as I go, I’ll be aiming for smaller but faster and more complete updates going forward probably. Anyways for this update I had to cut some nearly finished encounters to get it out in October, so I’ll be adding those in the bug fixing patches that’ll follow.

Anyways, here it is, Feel free to read over the change-log. I’ll have more info on the plans for the next update as well as getting some new polls going soon ~

Insatiable Hearts V0.01H

Version [0.1.1H] - (10/31/22)

Additions:

• Fyrfli’s main interaction page now displays current heart level as well as debug options in the footer
  • Added a new region, the mire’s Depths. The darkest part of the swamp, choked with roots and fungus.
  • The new region has a passive mutagen gain rate
  • Added base line effects to mutations triggered when no dominant mutagen is present. This causes subtle up and down shifts in various stats from height, weight, metabolism, gluttony level, stomach capacity, etc. It will still sometimes do nothing however.
  • Added a new encounter to the depths, “leech attack”.
  • Added a new encounter & merchant to the depths, “meat-monger”
  • Added a new item “beast blubber”, a simple food item
  • Added a new item “smoked fish”, a simple food item
  • Added a new item “bucket of offal”, under most circumstances an inedible item, but having high enough corruption or gluttony will result in a unique scene
  • Added a new item “strange dumpling”, a mutagenic item that slowly multiplies in the players pockets when uneaten. Holding too many can result in a unique scene
  • Added a new item “sheewog tail”, this currently has no function
  • Added a new item, Geckling eggs, simple food item but has chance to raise fitness
  • Geckling Eggs can now be acquired from Maeve’s bar after asking her about the basket
  • Added new item, “milk”, a simple food item but has a small chance to raise vitality
  • Added a new system that determines mobility from fitness, bodyweight totals and other factors. It now displays as a new status effect depicting stages of mobility. Weight limits are also effected by leg type, animal legs being stronger than human, while slime/blob “legs” have significantly higher limit. This is currently cosmetic, immobility related events are coming soon
  • Added tooltips to several interface items to add additional info. Weight now breaks down what makes up the weight total, calories now display BMR and metabolism, and several others display explanatory info.
  • Replaced the lactation status effect with a full lactation system. A new status bar now shows up when the player is lactating and represents current milk quantity. Milk production rate and capacity scales with breast tissue.
  • When the player is lactating they now have the option at any rest point to milk themselves. If milk quantity is high enough the player can fill up milk bottles. If the players breasts are large enough to be lifted to their lips they can also drink from themselves. If neither of those are available milk can simply be expressed. Milk pressure will build up and spill out on its own if unexpressed for too long.
  • Fyrfli can now be gifted a few items for some short dialog (meat, eggs, milk, smoked fish, bitter-bean tea)
  • Added a new encounter to the depths, “strange barrels”, the unknown compound can be drank from the barrels
  • Added a new encounter to the ruins, The Feast Queen’s Cathedral. The player can attempt to steal food from a large blobby demon.
  • Added a new effect, The Feast Queen’s curse mark, the player will experience increased cravings messages, alterations to some scenes and a number of new dialog lines. Each NPC can be asked about the curse to get some flavor text. The baronet and Lexi can also remove the curse completely if needed.
  • Added a new status event, on occasion players with the Feast Queens curse will enter a fuge state under the demons control

Fixes
x Fixed Mystery Meat calling upon the wrong calorie configuration resulting in unusual values applied to the player
x Fixed Meaves dialog being broken when ordering a drink
x Fixed the “galactagogue” status effect not properly triggering lactation or breasts growth events due to a malformed flag
Fixed stomach expansion pills selling for much more than their base price
x Fixed some non-effect related status messages not displaying unless the character had active status effects

Changes
~ When multiple mutations are triggered by very high levels of mutagens the current mutation level will drain for a standard 100 points and an additional few that scale with the excess. This is to prevent the play being stuck in too many mutation loops
~ The list of items in the debug menu now auto generates instead of being manually written to save me time as more items are added to the game. This won’t be a noticeable change to the player, but its a good one haha
~ Several items now effect fitness very slightly and others have had their values adjusted.
~ The various regions have all had their link colors changed to both be more visible on some of the regional backgrounds but also to be more thematic
~ Some status effects like pregnancy or the gluttony curse now show up as a highlighted icons below the player’s stat bars
~ A new settings mode summarizes all relevant status blurbs in the sidebar to a minimized state, just the icon and a percentage when needed
~ Height in metric mode now displays in centimeters instead of meters
~ The player summary on the side bar has been spiffied up
~ The status effect “heavy” has been removed as the mobility system has taken its place
~ The player panel now displays calories consumed
~ The provisions bar now only shows when the play owns the autosklava canteen found in lexi’s junkpile
~ Cheese cake now has a small chance to increase bottom mass
~ Sloth levels now increase the amount of time one takes while resting or sleeping
~ Changed how stretchmarks scale, doubling their limit and making them take slightly longer to develop

13 Likes

Just a quick bug fixing patch before bed ~

V0.1.1H Patch 1 - (11/01/2022)
x Fixed a message error when the player hits the 3rd mobility loss stage
x Fixed an error caused by a missing bracket in the Horned Mother’s Milk item code
x Fixed a blank status event being called after a “dumpling attack” status event plays if during its passage a “dumpling multiplication” status event is queued
x Character’s without breast tissue should now have chest fat descriptions as intended.

8 Likes

Another quick patch. Got more interesting stuff in the pipe -line but want to make sure whats already there flows smoothly. As always your support and bug reports provide so much for me to work with, thank you ~

Anyways, here’s V0.1.1H Patch 2

Patch 2 - (11/06/2022)
x Fixed a loop caused by growing new breasts
x Fixed selling multiple of an item to the Oojinn merchant only removing and providing the sell value of a singular unit when using the sell all option
x Fixed kip’s breast envy scene triggering for players without breasts
x Fixed weight class change messages only going up and only playing once due to a malformed conditional; They should be more frequent and display for both weight loss as well as gain
x Fixed an issue while playing gambit-stones when calling louse on your color where a malformed flag could cause a loss when a tie should have been had
x Fixed time and statuses not updating while drinking from the barrel in the depths
~ When kip is breast fed it’ll now fill her and fatten her according to the player breast milk quantity
~ Adjusted the default background tone to make it softer on the eyes for night reading

9 Likes

Is the new version sub only?

2 Likes

Yes for the moment. Usually how i do things is, the new version will be sub only, and get patched up during that time. Once its stable enough and the next version is ready or enough time has passed (15 days seems to have been average) it’ll go public.

This lets me fuss with the details and gives supporters time to suggest stuff and bug test. Optimally this means the public version is more complete and functional, but obviously stuff still gets missed because its a smaller scale.

7 Likes

I really like this game; it reminds me of some of the games on Fenoxo.Com, minus the combat elements. Notable comments so far:

*I notice that, when starting at lower weights, the game will sometimes act as if you’re fat (for example with the cow nun commenting that you’re “growing well and round”, or with status updates saying that you are no curvy/chubby/etcetera) even when your weight is still fairly low, even something like 130 pounds. The character description displays the right descriptions for your actual weight, though, (assuming you keep the default height, since weight and height seem unrelated here, though I’m giving you only my first-time experience).
*Mutations seem easy to avoid, which is fine for some, but I think it would be nice if there was a chance for resistance to fail, or to be forced to pick between multiple options. That still doesn’t fix that Twine just lets you rewind until you get the outcome you want, though.
*Not just Kip, but also the cow nun seem to comment on the player’s breasts when they don’t exist.
*After flagging down the airship in the Swamps and having the princess invite the player to a date, it wasn’t very clear to me where the player was meant to go next. I thought maybe the meadows, but then she never showed up, or there was never a follow-up encounter.

5 Likes

I have been following this project for a while and i gotta say im excited to see what ever comes next in development, Love the stuff keep it up.

1 Like

This reminds me of boundless by, oh who was it that made boundless, idk but this gives me feels of that and I loved boundless this is going to be a good game.

3 Likes

I really like this game and am always excited to see where you take it! The swamp and harbor are particularly lively.

This is an edge case, but because you can shrink yourself, it’s weird to me that Siphona’s “Flirt: compliment her stature” dialog doesn’t change if you end up shorter than her. A sore spot is a sore spot, but it’s odd that a very short PC would both say the “cute and compact” line AND THEN have that fact go uncommented on by such a sharp-tongue character.

All the best and good luck on your due date!

2 Likes

So sorry for the late reply y’all. Been a heck of a month so far, long story.

Anyways, lets get down to it!

@Thatrantingmadmanofy
Thank you so much! I’m glad you’ve been having fun with it. I enjoyed Fenoxo’s CoC back in the day so it certainly was among my inspirations. I’m not a big fan of combat = sex kind of mechanics, so i went for a more relaxed “bumble around” style haha

to your first point, That sounds like a bug I’ll need to check into. I changed a lot of the background calculation to accommodate differences in height, so, taller characters it takes more weight to appear “fat” for their size and the opposite for smaller characters where they get fatter quicker at the same mass. Previous content used raw weight value, so there might be some things I didn’t round up in that update. Thanks for letting me know. I’ll see if I can pinpoint whats up

#2 As for mutations, player consent/willingness is kind of a big thing for me, which i know can take away some of the fun for folk that like a little less choice in what happens to them, so i get it. It’s not implemented yet, but you can see the dead link while in debug mode lol but I do plan on the player being able to manipulate their mutations by concentrating on certain aspects while experiencing a mutation event. There will still be some randomness still of course. But until thats in, the “skip this” and back button kind of thing are there for the folk that dont want their experience hindered by incomplete content.

#3 The breast flag bug is fixed in the current version, but i can’t recall if it was in the version that’ll be public soon. Sorry about that one, its an off by one i didn’t notice between a variable being called “hasbreast” vs “hasbreasts” oof

#4 This one I get a lot and I’m sorry about it, the event has no follow up yet. It was early content with plans set up but got distracted by other plans and then supporter requests so it go side lined. The content is coming, but its basically its own new zone at the princess’s palace and a lot of stuff to setup. It’ll be its own update if not more than one haha. For now the encounter chance has been removed so folk don’t get their hopes up early oof

@SHELL_Ac
Thank you so much! I am ever eager to bring more content. I have a lot in the works, just gotta keep my head focused so i don’t try to start a million ideas before finishing anything ahah

@Scabbers Boundless by Leupai i think! Yes, defs a big inspiration for me. I’ve always loved the idea of dreamworlds. Playing their game a while back and realizing it was made in twine was what brought me to try to fiddle with twine in the first place. I had my own dream world and similar stuff i was playing around with my writing and art, the natural next step was trying to make a game hehe

@skitterwave
That makes me happy to hear, i want to flesh out each area so they eventually feel as lively and connected. These are pieces of my oc world I get to flesh in overtime and its fun to share it!

As for the Siphona content, I thank you for the report. Back when her inital content was written height hadn’t really been implemented and it still doesn’t really affect any scenes outside of aesthetic effects. That’s a good note though so I’ll be writing that in my book. When I get to reflecting height more in scenes, that’ll defs be up there. Siphona is meant to be a short sassy character, so her among the others makes the most sense to be commenting on height first ~

(Also, thank you so much! The due date is fast approaching, its exciting but quite nerve wracking too hehe. We’re busy bees right now getting our little apartment baby ready. Got the crib setup. The baby has dropped low, they’re getting big, its clear we’re now in the last few weeks! This holiday season, christmas or new years. :smiling_face:)

7 Likes

This was meant to be posted a days ago, but a lot has been going on to say the least

Anyways, thank you for all your patience! Here is Insatiable Hearts version 0.1.1H! The next supporter version 0.1.1I should be finished before the end of the month, bringing a new TF tree, a couple of new encounters, more character content, some new items, lots of new debug options and more. But I’ll go into detail when its ready

For now, the changelog for V0.1.1H is listed in previous posts but here’s the total under the summary below

Highlights for V0.1.1H are: A new region, A number of new items, some that can generate new encounters, new encounters, an enhanced lactation system, a gluttony curse that alters some items and scenes and provides etc flavor, lots of little adjustments, etc

haha

Insatiable Hearts V0.1.1H PUB.zip (548.3 KB)

V0.1.1H Summary

Version [0.1.1H] - (10/31/22)

Additions:

• Fyrfli’s main interaction page now displays current heart level as well as debug options in the footer
  • Added a new region, the mire’s Depths. The darkest part of the swamp, choked with roots and fungus.
  • The new region has a passive mutagen gain rate
  • Added base line effects to mutations triggered when no dominant mutagen is present. This causes subtle up and down shifts in various stats from height, weight, metabolism, gluttony level, stomach capacity, etc. It will still sometimes do nothing however.
  • Added a new encounter to the depths, “leech attack”.
  • Added a new encounter & merchant to the depths, “meat-monger”
  • Added a new item “beast blubber”, a simple food item
  • Added a new item “smoked fish”, a simple food item
  • Added a new item “bucket of offal”, under most circumstances an inedible item, but having high enough corruption or gluttony will result in a unique scene
  • Added a new item “strange dumpling”, a mutagenic item that slowly multiplies in the players pockets when uneaten. Holding too many can result in a unique scene
  • Added a new item “sheewog tail”, this currently has no function
  • Added a new item, Geckling eggs, simple food item but has chance to raise fitness
  • Geckling Eggs can now be acquired from Maeve’s bar after asking her about the basket
  • Added new item, “milk”, a simple food item but has a small chance to raise vitality
  • Added a new system that determines mobility from fitness, bodyweight totals and other factors. It now displays as a new status effect depicting stages of mobility. Weight limits are also effected by leg type, animal legs being stronger than human, while slime/blob “legs” have significantly higher limit. This is currently cosmetic, immobility related events are coming soon
  • Added tooltips to several interface items to add additional info. Weight now breaks down what makes up the weight total, calories now display BMR and metabolism, and several others display explanatory info.
  • Replaced the lactation status effect with a full lactation system. A new status bar now shows up when the player is lactating and represents current milk quantity. Milk production rate and capacity scales with breast tissue.
  • When the player is lactating they now have the option at any rest point to milk themselves. If milk quantity is high enough the player can fill up milk bottles. If the players breasts are large enough to be lifted to their lips they can also drink from themselves. If neither of those are available milk can simply be expressed. Milk pressure will build up and spill out on its own if unexpressed for too long.
  • Fyrfli can now be gifted a few items for some short dialog (meat, eggs, milk, smoked fish, bitter-bean tea)
  • Added a new encounter to the depths, “strange barrels”, the unknown compound can be drank from the barrels
  • Added a new encounter to the ruins, The Feast Queen’s Cathedral. The player can attempt to steal food from a large blobby demon.
  • Added a new effect, The Feast Queen’s curse mark, the player will experience increased cravings messages, alterations to some scenes and a number of new dialog lines. Each NPC can be asked about the curse to get some flavor text. The baronet and Lexi can also remove the curse completely if needed.
  • Added a new status event, on occasion players with the Feast Queens curse will enter a fuge state under the demons control

Fixes
x Fixed Mystery Meat calling upon the wrong calorie configuration resulting in unusual values applied to the player
x Fixed Meaves dialog being broken when ordering a drink
x Fixed the “galactagogue” status effect not properly triggering lactation or breasts growth events due to a malformed flag
Fixed stomach expansion pills selling for much more than their base price
x Fixed some non-effect related status messages not displaying unless the character had active status effects

Changes
~ When multiple mutations are triggered by very high levels of mutagens the current mutation level will drain for a standard 100 points and an additional few that scale with the excess. This is to prevent the play being stuck in too many mutation loops
~ The list of items in the debug menu now auto generates instead of being manually written to save me time as more items are added to the game. This won’t be a noticeable change to the player, but its a good one haha
~ Several items now effect fitness very slightly and others have had their values adjusted.
~ The various regions have all had their link colors changed to both be more visible on some of the regional backgrounds but also to be more thematic
~ Some status effects like pregnancy or the gluttony curse now show up as a highlighted icons below the player’s stat bars
~ A new settings mode summarizes all relevant status blurbs in the sidebar to a minimizazed state, just the icon and a percentage when needed
~ Height in metric mode now displays in centimeters instead of meters
~ The player summary on the side bar has been spiffied up
~ The status effect “heavy” has been removed as the mobility system has taken its place
~ The player panel now displays calories consumed
~ The provisions bar now only shows when the play owns the autosklava canteen found in lexi’s junkpile
~ Cheese cake now has a small chance to increase bottom mass
~ Sloth levels now increase the amount of time one takes while resting or sleeping
~ Changed how stretchmarks scale, doubling their limit and making them take slightly longer to develop

Patch 1 - (11/01/2022)
x Fixed a message error when the player hits the 3rd mobility loss stage
x Fixed an error caused by a missing bracket in the Horned Mother’s Milk item code
x Fixed a blank status event being called after a “dumpling attack” status event plays if during its passage a “dumpling multiplication” status event is queued
x Character’s without breast tissue should now have chest fat descriptions as intended.

Patch 2 - (11/05/2022)
x Fixed a loop caused by growing new breasts
x Fixed selling multiple of an item to the Oojinn merchant only removing and providing the sell value of a singular unit when using the sell all option
x Fixed kips breast envy scene triggering for players without breasts
x Fixed weight class change messages only going up and only playing once due to a malfromed conditional; They should be more frquent and display for both weight loss as well as gain
x Fixed an issue while playing gambit-stones when calling louse on your color where a malformed flag could cause a loss when a tie should have been had
x Fixed time and statuses not updating while drinking from the barrel in the depths
~ When kip is breast fed it’ll now fill her and fatten her according to the player breast milk quanity
~ Adjusted the default background tone to make it softer on the eyes for night reading

Patch 3 - (11/06/2022)
x Fixed an error where drinking from the barrel in the depths would corrupt the metabolism variable
x Fixed a malformed status call during the depth’s barrel event
x Fixed a malformed conditional that prevent udder description from showing up even when the character has one
x Fixed the unfinished meat miners event from showing up.

7 Likes

@Owlkaline OH! Yes you’re right leupai is whoade boundless. It is nice to see that someone enjoyed boundless as much as I did. I wish it was still going on though. I wanted to make a game like boundless but I am completely clueless. Big props to you for actually making a twine fame like that.

2 Likes

Bug reportin/spell checkin time

1. Searching junkyard and finding nothing; ‘No luck this itme it seems.’ In the last scene of the Udder Disaster ending; ‘One after another, your pile of breasts soon take on obscean amounts of weight’
  2. Eating the offal immediately errors out corruption, resulting in it showing up as NaN% on the sidebar
  3. Vermifuge syringe has no effect on oojin or berry mutagens, not sure if this is intended behaviour
3 Likes

Another great update i’d also like to ask becoming immobile wont be a game over will it?

2 Likes