Just wanted to add some ideas to the idea bank. Plus some thoughts and ideas for a possible game project.
For some time, I have thought up a bunch of ideas for games with character weight and size elements,
The character’s weight could be used for something as game mechanics. Areas that become inaccessible if the character is too big, for example:
- Small bridges can’t take the weight.
- Small constructions could collapse.
- Element based effects, ice breaks and such.
- Elevators can’t run; reached weight limit.
- Door openings are too narrow.
- Unable to sneak.
- Harder to navigate, bumping into stuff and create noise
- Rooms too small.
Bodysize conflicting with the character home if the character has a home.
- Upgrade/build new door openings or else it will get harder to go through.
- Upgrade, buy or build new and more sturdy furniture (This could cost more money and/or ressources if this is in a game with crafting system).
Where weight can be used.
- It could be used as a fetish for a tribe or a group, be admired.
- In ruins where, suchs as, a very wide throne needs the width and weight to push the sides and the seat of the throne down and out as a combi lever.
- Weight plates to open something.
- Traps: Higher weight = bigger chance of activating.
- Use the extra padding against cold weather/areas.
- Use unique clothing, clothing that only fits large characters but could give some kind of bonus.
- Use in trust (For some ingame jobs) and relationship.
- Destroy stuff (Doors, Lean against thin walls).
- Float in water, easier or maybe harder to cross rivers and such.
- Block waterways. This one might be more ideal for platforming games
- Use as a distraction, for example, When escaping a prison a character could use the bodysize (size = chance of distraction) to distract guards while a npc sneaks by to grab keys.
Idea for a game (a sparetime project).
I have an idea for a RPG-like survival game where I try to use some of these ideas/wishes as this game’s mechanics in the startup. At the moment I haven’t decided if it is going to be a 1st or 3rd person rpg. Or what game engine that suits this type of project. If I start, I’ll start small and simple and work from that.
It could be a survival game where the player has needs that have to be satisfied in order to survive, like hunger, thirst, and such. This might change based on what works. Should almost have some kind of crafting system.
As a start it’s going to be set in a forest on an island, something small to work with. This can be expanded in the future.
The Character look
The main character is going to be an anthro wolf since it is what I have currently created (Originally I wanted to use my fursona/character as a mod for a game, but that was not possible). Later in the process, should have the possibility to customize the character, body type male (standard) gradually to female or other features in the future.
There should be a metabolism system that adapts the character’s body to what you do. If you’re running around and generally do some heavy lifting, the character’s body will become more muscular which could help carry more loot and body weight. If the character sneaks more, being passive or something like that, or just eats a lot the character would start gaining weight. I don’t know if the character should be able to become immobile, it might become boring, but it could be the player’s choice. The weight gain could/should take some time, maybe not an instant thing.
It could be a fantasy but with modern areas. There could be abandoned factory areas, creepy underground facilities with strange machines and experiments. The dark and creepy areas could have great treasures and ghosts/monsters. There could also be dungeons and nice mansions. Generally areas that are a contrast to each other.
Growing crops, building a shelter, build furniture.
It could be realistic/semi realistic, but the texture style isn’t defined, it depends on what is the easiest thing to do, realistic or stylized. The main character is somewhat “realistic”.
Some other ideas:
Areas to explore, missions, npc’s, towns and more to give the game some gametime.
There could be different enemies. Other anthros both normal and mutated, ghosts, slimes, food golems.
Things the player could do
Maybe finding some work (Baker, fast food chef, or guard). Depends on what works best.