"Lo-Cal" Gain Jam Discussion

I’m also part of the group that doesn’t mind a jam not having a prize. If I ever managed to get one for something I did I’d consider it similar to finding a $10 bill in the couch cushions when cleaning. Cool to have and appreciated that I got it but was never the main point of me doing it in the first place. Like others have said I see jams as a communal focal point for people to work towards and together with a deadline that forces them to get things done they otherwise wouldn’t on their own.

Hell, I’m STILL thinking about the last one because the concept that I originally came up with for that has grown so far past what I’m capable of doing I’m still trying to figure out how to make it work. And I never would have had the idea nor the drive to work on it without the jam being there in the first place.

2 Likes

Perhaps theres some kind of way to do a non-monetary prize? I don’t have any idea offhand, but Idk it could be a good alternative to do something fun like fanart of their game by one of the major heads of WG, or a special little discord role for a year or something idk

1 Like

With over 200 votes now reached I am pleased to announce that with an overwhelming vote of 196-5 in favour of the jam, as well as over 20% among those in favour expressing interest in participating, that we are going to roll ahead with the Lo-Cal Gain Jam!

I’ll be announcing the details next week so stay tuned, Jam fans! I’ll be closing the poll as of now, but feel free to continue the discussion as you wish.

7 Likes

Good to know, was wondering why I clicked and clicked and got no votes. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Will definitely be submitting. Two weeks is generous and a free competition opens the gates and eases the pressure a bit, so why not?

2 Likes