Love is the Way to My Heart - CLOSED

Lots to unload here! Firstly, thank you for the critique! I appreciate feedback!

It is a very large and expansive game, but it is also one that we will finish! I will get enough done to have a playable demo (will only go to chapter 1) and then begin working on it more heavily and adding in scenes and dates one by one.

For the arrows, I did search for a green one but Google Docs symbols didn’t contain any, and I didn’t want to create an image just to resize it. I want to use readily-available assets.

The health aspect, which I may not have made clear in the tutorial, will only be detrimental if you and/or she doesn’t take care of her expanding figure. It is possible to make it through the game with minimal impact, but they will be in there. We are setting out to make this a realistic take on the weight-gain relationship, making sure to capture as much as we can while also getting it out there for others to enjoy.

In the beginning releases there may only be 4 to 5 characters to choose from, but as time goes on we will implement all 14. It also would be helpful to have dedicated and devoted writers who could put in the time. I can’t write for all 14, code, manage, and debug/playtest all by myself; this project would never get done! So, I have a team and dedicate writers to a girl character. We only have a handful of writers, so the more the merrier!

I’m also stoked you like the artwork! I feel as though GentleGolem (find him on DeviantArt) has done an outstanding job on these characters. His artwork embodies LITWTMH in a way I don’t think any other artist could do, from the colors, to proportions, to the very style he has. DarkToonLink45 (also on DeviantArt) did the logo, which is all I had to start with. There won’t be hundreds of illustrations, but there will be enough to give you a sense of story progression. :slight_smile:

Overall, I am happy to hear you liked the tutorial enough to see the potential of the game! I also thank all of you for the congratulations. I am very excited to be a father.

5 Likes

o7

Yessir!

Don’t worry, this project will never take the place of my family. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course! I write a lot for games that really catch my eye, so I’m sure it can be overwhelming. But I figure if I’m going to take the time to write then I might as well put everything out there! And I sure hope you do finish it! I love your spirit. I’ll be excited to see it come along as it goes, which honestly can be just as exciting as playing the finished game from scratch.

Huh, really? I can’t believe they don’t have a basic green up arrow. That seems like such a common symbol. But hey, if they don’t then they don’t. Just means I have to pay a little bit more attention to the actual numbers!

I actually think you did make clear that you can affect how her health goes, but I think the mention of bariatric beds and IVs and mobility scooters and all that scared me on that a little bit. Obviously some health stuff is to be expected - I wouldn’t expect a 350 pound woman to be running a marathon! And the fact that you have/will implement that type of health stuff is really cool and makes this accessible for people who enjoy that. I just prefer to play games for the escape from real life, so I tend to prefer the positive aspects of weight gain with just enough of the negative sides to be realistic without being a downer. But I’m also not a guy who likes immobility, so different strokes for different folks.

Honestly enough illustration to give a sense of story progression is perfect. Not every page needs an illustration, but I think having one or two per scene does a great job of getting a feeling of where they are, what everyone looks like, and what is going on without being too burdensome.

And I wish I could help you out with the writing, but alas that is very much not my strong suit. I’m a software engineer for a reason… creative writing and I don’t get along so well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good morning!

This week we will be finalizing the movie theater scene and working on the restaurant scene. Most of the movie-theater scene is complete, just need to add in the final touches.

Outside of that we could really use a new writer for Kelsey! For right now I am writing for her, but that is on top of coding, managing, editing, and debugging, plus I am spending more time focusing on my new role as a father-to-be. If interested, please send a message in #project-help-channel!

Hope you all have a great week!

8 Likes

The frequent updates are appreciated. Really looking forward to trying this game out!

3 Likes

Good morning, everyone!

Well, things have been progressing at a great rate! I am thrilled to get closer to releasing a demo! Mind you, though, that the demo will probably be with only 3 choices of girls, 2 or 3 date scenes, and only go to chapter 2, so very basic, but it will help you all see and get a feel for what LITWTMH will be. I am really striving for a Summer release, but time will tell.

Outside of that, I did make a post about US law on minors being subjected to obscenity. Thought this Discord is clean, the game itself is NOT, and so therefore one must be 18+ to be in the Discord. Of course, I know some of you will break this rule (I was once 16, too!) but if I or my moderator find out that you are a minor we legally have to kick you out. Orange isn’t a great color on me

Lastly, we got an update of our due date: December 18th! Christmas baby! Melissa and I are very excited for this journey, but with it comes sacrifice and commitment like I’ve never done before. We plan on having her be a stay-at-home mother for a while, which means I will have to pick up some extra hours to maintain and supercede our current income. 64 hours a week, to be precise (using a bit of math and algebra I calculated this amount). The project will take a back seat during my time as a father, understandably, but until that day I will be working my ass off towards getting as much done as possible.

God bless you all for sticking around and being a part of this amazing journey! As always check out the #project-help-channel (Discord) for roles and openings (of which I will need lots more help come December!)

8 Likes

Oi
Spoil that kid for this hound will ya!!!

1 Like

I appreciate the love and support! Don’t worry, he/she will receive all my love, just as my wife gets. :slight_smile:

I can’t write for Kelsey, manage, edit, direct, help, plan, and code all the while working 10+ hours a day (now including Saturdays and 4 hours on Sundays) plus spend time with my wife and prepare the house and our lives for being parents. I can’t get a demo out without Kelsey being filled in, so if you are interested in being a writer for her please speak up. I’m burning out, guys. If you know anyone else in the FA writer community who might be interested please send them this way.

Also, for those concerned: the project is NOT going to be abandoned. I just can’t write for Kelsey plus do everything else that I normally do.

5 Likes

Good morning! I hope you all had a great weekend!

Things are moving along on the project, as usual. Nothing out of the ordinary to report here! However, we are in need of a few more positions which you can view in #project-help-channel.

Other than that there isn’t much to say! I hope you all have a fantastic week! God bless!

6 Likes

Early announcement!

Hello! I hope you all are having a great day and had a great week! For this week’s announcement I have some big news. Actually, a lot of news.

Some of you may have noticed some changes around the Discord, specifically the assigning of new roles within the team members, such as Head of Artwork, Head of Editing, Master Coder, and the new Project Manager. I have divvy-up my roles to those on the team because I will be stepping down for a time. That isn’t to say I won’t be active in the project, but rather not as active. I can’t work 55+ hours a week plus do everything else I was doing with the project, on top of house-work and being a supportive father come December onward. So I have elected managers to take over my vision for a time while I get accustomed to this new lifestyle. There are still many months to go before I officially step back from the project and assume a “Creative Director” role, but I wanted to be transparent with all of you.

Managers are colored purple, and project manager is yellow/gold. Each role is crucial to the success and progression of the project. I ask that you all give our new managers and project manager an encouraging round of applause!

With all this being said, the project continues to march forward! We are going to be editing the restaurant scene this week and next week implementing it into the game.

Take care, everyone!

8 Likes

Hello! Late post, I know. My wife and I were on vacation.

Things are going well for the project. Moving along steadily, though I am really looking for much more help! I know it is a big project and may look scary, but trust me this is a project worth-while! Besides, you have me and the team to bring you up to speed as if nothing was missed!

Other than that, I wish you all a great rest of the week!

4 Likes

For roles and responsibilities, check out this document! I think this will provide clarity for all on what each role does within the project.

2 Likes

This would be helpful, too.

2 Likes

Good morning!

Things have been rough this past week. I got back from vacation on Tuesday and on Friday I received news that my grandma passed away. I’m doing well, if you are wondering, but it was a bummer to here. Also, I’ve been preparing the nursery by fixing up the walls and painting.

I’ve been ramping up hours at work (except for this last week) and honestly haven’t had time to work on LITWTMH. I hate saying that. :confused:

Although, it is a new week and that is a new beginning. :slight_smile: Wishing you all well!

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

This hound can reassure you
She’s probably enjoying some first class massages from some pretty boy angels up in heaven
In all due seriousness though I give my condolences and will pour one out for her
A cheers to the loved ones who could not stay

1 Like

@ThisAnon Thank you for your condolences.

@cerberus Nice. :slight_smile: I know she is in Heaven, so I take solace in that, but it doesn’t take away the initial impact of hearing and accepting that she is gone.

Thanks, guys, for your support. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good afternoon!

Today in America it is Memorial Day, a day of remembering and honoring those who have died in service or who have passed on and have served this country. I have no work today so that is why this announcement is so late.

Anyway, things are moving along nicely on the game! Another outline done, some coding of said outline to be done this week, and starting next week another outline is to be started. Writing is coming along nicely as well, though we did lose a writer and our head of editing. Positions are open! Please don’t hesitate to reach out!

I also have my grandma’s viewing today and the funeral service tomorrow, so I will be rather busy tomorrow and mid afternoon today.

All in all things are well! God bless you all!

11 Likes

Good morning (or afternoon) all!

I’m What Zit Tooya, the recently appointed project manager, and I’ll be serving as the interim project lead this winter when MOOK takes some time off for his family. Things have been a little bumpy this week during the the handover, and some of us have still been busy following Memorial Day, but I’m proud to say that we’re back on track and things are running smoothly once more!

That being said, we’re interested in needing new editors, as well as a new head of editing. If you’re interested, don’t hesitate to reach out to us!

Hope you all have a great week; we’ve also got plenty of interesting ideas taking shape behind the scenes, so stay tuned!

UPDATE: Head of Editing has been filled since posting this on Discord. :slight_smile:

9 Likes