Love is the Way to My Heart - CLOSED

Maybe a half hour to an hour.

So I played the demo and I loved it i so canā€™t wait for more. I canā€™t wait to see how this game turns out. You and your team are doing a great job and keep up the work.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the feedback! I hope we can deliver a product worth everyoneā€™s time! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure your team can just canā€™t wait for the next demo and at some point the whole game to play.

1 Like

Everyone, I need a little bit more time with coding the public demo release. The demo might be pushed a few days.

Remember, it is only me who is coding at the moment and this is a very large game.

When the demo releases (Discord only) please be kind with reporting errors and bugs. The Patrons have already combed through it and have reported most if not all the bugs. Iā€™m just looking to keep redundancy out of the Discord.

I hope you all understand and remain patient with me and the team as we do our best to get the public release buttoned up for you all.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know how to put this lightly, so Iā€™ll just say it.

The project canā€™t be finished until I find someone with Twine experience to help me code.

I will publish what I have, but mind you it is broken. Only Sam works to a point, and only Kelsey works on the movie-theater date.

Iā€™m over-worked, over-stressed, and over my head. Iā€™m a first-time coder and with a project this big I need another experienced coder to help me along. I canā€™t be the head of writing, master coder, project manager, art director, and a father and husband, at least not proficiently.

We are at a dilemma. Either I get someone experienced in Twine to help me code, or the project will take significantly longer. I canā€™t hurt myself anymore over this project. Iā€™ve already abused my medication and have been downing energy drinks and 5-hour energys in hopes to stay awake long enough to get more done. I already get less than 6 hours of sleep and work 55+ hours at my job. I would like to think I am strong enough to do everything, but I canā€™t. I have been trying to code on my own but I cannot get it done in a timely manner, and since 2 of my coders dipped I am struggling more than I should.

Hopefully +Side Studios can find a good dedicated Twine coder in the next few days, because at the rate I am coding and fixing it will take about another few weeks to fix it up.

No one wants to hear that the public demo is being pushed, but the reality is I wonā€™t lie to you all and say ā€œItā€™s almost done! Just a few more days!ā€ I need more time, and I am realizing this as I code and fix bugs.

Do not lose hope: the game is progressing, but will be at a slower rate because, again, I am not going to hurt myself anymore over this game. I want it to be fun, full of passion, love, and hard-work, but not at the expense of my life.

God bless you all, and I really hope you all understand.

8 Likes

No problem i pretty sure no one wants you to work yourself to much for a game. I hope for the best.

4 Likes

demo posted in Discord. Iā€™ll continue working on the game to get it to a better point.

2 Likes

Awesome thank you for all the hard work you and your team are doing.

1 Like

To show trust and transparency, we have created the #financial-reports channel where we will post our monthly reports from our Patreon to show where the money is going.

To better understand the pay, here is a break down:

Each member is paid on a per-dollar basis, that way no matter how little or how much our Patreon is receiving everyone will always be paid some amount. Even further to the per-dollar basis I figured out that a full team would be 30 members, so I had to make sure that at full capacity that 1 dollar would be sufficient. From there, team members are free to decline payment, and if that is the case, a remainder is created. That remainder doesnā€™t go to waste or sit in our bank account: the remainder is then divided by the total number of payroll members and granted to each oneā€™s pay for the month as a ā€œbonus payā€.

The 30% for +Side Studios is used for miscellaneous expenses such as back-pay, merchandise for top-tier Patrons, paying for artwork, and outsourcing if needed. Plus, if +Side Studios gets big enough (ha, puns) we can look into purchasing programs to create other games, or programs for our artists, or a monthly subscription to assets that will help us further our game-creating group.

I hope you all see that we are 100% honest and will use every cent to its fullest potential.

2 Likes

Good day to you all!

Sorry for not keeping up with the announcements; no real excuse.

I have been working hard at coding the game. Iā€™ve been receiving expert help and have made significant strides in the code and I firmly believe we will have a working demo (yes, working) rather soon. Multiple girls as well. My problem was setting a date and trying to commit to it.

Nothing else to report on, so I wish you all a great day!

9 Likes

Sounds awesome keep up the good work canā€™t wait to see more progress.

1 Like

Hello!

I donā€™t have a whole lot to say, but I will say to show you guys in good faith that we are working hard on the game I have posted another update to the demo on Patreon to play with. It is definitely not 100% but it is so much better than what I released a few weeks ago. :slight_smile:

Things are moving along just fine, though, and soon a fully-operational chapter one will be at hand! Iā€™m going to be working on chapter two after I debug chapter one (maybe within the next 2 weeks chapter two will be started).

God bless!

5 Likes

Awesome canā€™t wait to try it out.

Good morning, all!

Well, as some of you may have noticed I have been updating the #updates-to-game channel with every new change to keep you all informed and aware of the progress being made. Recently I got the saved-games area to work how I want, so now there are 2 save slots and 1 quick-save slot, which is what the ā€œQSaveā€ button in the game does. Iā€™ve also coded the entire reveal scene, a pivotal point in the story! Lately I have been coding the ā€œat homeā€ date scene which is a fairly large one.

Now, some of you have asked about chapter 2, which is where the fetish part really comes into play. To that I say this: itā€™s all being worked on. The way the game is set up is that chapter one through three share some of the same dates and paths but have different outcomes and dialogues and choices depending on which chapter is active, so even though I donā€™t have chapter 2 available it is being worked on concurrently with chapter 1. Whatā€™s chapter 3? Well, thatā€™s the ending chapter, the ā€œwrap-upā€ chapter. I wonā€™t go into detail as I want you all to experience the game for what it is supposed to be: a candid experience with your choice of love interest.

Some of you may be wondering when the next beta will be released: to that I say that I am no longer giving specific dates (unless I am 90% certain - not many things are 100% certain in this life). I will release betas to the Patrons first as they come, and the version older than that version will become public in this Discord. The team and I are working hard on this project and I have faith this is still going to be a kick-ass game. :slight_smile: I am trying to get as much done as possible before my son is born in December. Once he arrives my participation on this project will drop, but not die.

We thank you all for your support and encouragement! God bless!

6 Likes

Thanks for all the updates and work into this. Canā€™t wait for more info and to play it more.

1 Like

Good morning, everyone!

Well, things go well with the project. I managed to continue coding through being sick, though not as productive as I would have liked to be. I am currently tackling the massive home-date scene which includes all 3 chapters, all 14 (for now) girls, and sub-scenes within it. Not hard, just time-consuming and a lot of thinking as to how I want the scene to play out. We have the home-date scene and reveal scene completed I will release another version of the game on Patreon. With three dates to go on plus a reveal scene you guys should be set for some time before I get into another chapter. Like I mentioned before, we will release a new version every time a new date or 2 are fully completed.

As a reminder the following dates will be in the game:

• Restaurant date
  • Park date (with a few subscenes within)
  • Home date (with a few subscenes within)
  • Club scene
  • Mall scene (with subscenes within)
  • Beach date (with subscenes within)
  • Movie date

With all these dates there will also be the normal scenes that will have subplots and subscenes, like going to work, waking up, being able to shop at stores, and character-specific events and dates. Since I have been receiving help from a Twine expert I have been able to code more proficiently and quickly. There is no doubt that LITWTMH will be completed, itā€™s just a matter of time. :slightly_smiling_face:

Stay up to date with us via our Discord! Also, if you wish to support us, join our Patreon.

Thank you all for your continued support!

10 Likes

To everyone:

I am moving the project exclusively to our Discord channel. Updates on this forum shall cease, so if you want to continue with updates and the subsequent releases of LITWTMH please join our Discord channel.

The links will continue to be valid in the description of the game, and I will make an edit to the description to say we are exclusively on Discord now.

Also, no, I will not be posting LITWTMH here. It will be on our Patreon and Discord only.

To the admins: please donā€™t delete this thread. Iā€™d like for people to still have access to the Discord and this is the best place to have a link.

10 Likes

If I may offer my two cents, wonā€™t this really limit your potential exposure a great deal? Eventually, this thread will drop into oblivion, then no one new will find out about the project.

8 Likes

3 Likes