Love is the Way to My Heart - CLOSED

Good morning, everyone!

We hope you all had a fun AND safe Independence day (for those in USA).

Well, as you can imagine, not much was done this weekend but we are ready to tackle another week’s worth of work and get more done. You can see all that is being done to the game in updates-to-game (Discord); that is where I will post the most recent updates that have made it into the actual game’s code.

We still are accepting new members to join the group, so if you have an itch to write or code DM MODOK123 or hit us up in project-help-channel (Discord).

That’s all for now, folks. God bless!

7 Likes

Good morning, everyone!

Progress this week has been a bit slower but albeit moving along.

There’s really nothing major to report on, so as always thank you for the support and if you want to help out be sure to DM me!

Take care!

6 Likes

Hello everyone!

Good news, everyone! We have picked up 2 new writers, one for Abigail and one for Jade. I’m excited to have these lovely ladies back on the roster and glad to have new members aboard the team.

As for progress, things are moving along at an exceptional pace, however, I have taken a break from coding to allow writers to catch up. Once enough docs are completed I will pick up on coding again.

Speaking of which, always welcoming coders! I’m looking for someone with some experience in Twine who can help me out in debugging and setting up the game. Also, there are still plenty of writing spots available, just check out the pinned message in #project-help-channel (Discord).

That’s it for now, guys, God bless!

7 Likes

Hello, everyone!

We have decided to post every 2 weeks now, considering the lack of coming up with something creative every week to say “things are going well”.

Speaking of which, things are going well! XD We could always use a hand with coding and writing, so if you are interested in joining a project that has a lot of unique opportunities for creativity, DM me or seek out the #project-help-channel (Disocrd).

That’s it for now, my dudes. Ciao!

7 Likes

I’m sorta new to a lot of this stuff though, is there a place I can try out the game, it has really caught my attention and i wanna try it!

1 Like

The games discord is in the first post. Under the betas section there should be a download from last year.

1 Like

So, with the demo coming up next year in June, and only the Restaurant date, Theater date, and home date available, we are looking to get feedback on the order of date choices. We hope to have a total of 9 base dates, and with 3 out of the way, this poll will determine the remaining 5.

“But Modok, that math doesn’t add up!”

You’re right. There’s a fill-in-the-blank section. The most common (or most interesting if there is no common answer) will be added to the game!

The poll ends this Friday, so be sure to submit your answers!!!

2 Likes

Good morning, everyone!

As some of you may know by now, we have a poll for all members to decide the remaining 6 base date locations/routes for the game on our Discord. The poll closes on Friday, so be sure to cast your vote!

Aside from that, LITWTMH has taken a step back to re-evaluate how it is going to be played out. The game is very large and has many crossing paths, variables, and storylines, so we need to be careful when coding so as not to create a huge mess. We have been fine-tuning our map of events and timelines and when that is completed coding will commence once again. In the meantime writers are working on their character’s, which, of course, we are always welcoming new writers. This is a collaborative effort, so don’t be shy to join! You won’t be alone.

That’s it for now, guys. Take care!

3 Likes

Good morning, everyone!

What can I say but that progress is happening. I’m getting really excited about this demo! However, it may be that only 1 or 2 characters make it to the demo, which isn’t a bad thing, considering how much content the demo is going to have per each character, but we may have been a little over-ambitious with the 3-4 characters that we said it would have. In any case, the demo is still coming out in June of 2023.

Our writing team is doing the brunt of work right now and we work on the game every day, but even with that we could use a few more members! For the demo, ALL WRITERS are working on each character individually. For example, right now as a whole team we are working on Kelsey’s story (yes, that means she is in the demo :)). Next on our list is . . . well I’ll keep that bit of info hidden for now but you get my point. We are working collaboratively on each girl to get them finished 100%, then we move on to the next girl. We have a small band of dedicated writers, but could always use more, so if you are interested in joining please don’t hesitate to ask! We are also open to coders and editors.

That’s it for now! God bless you all.

7 Likes

Good morning!

Well, what can I say other than Kelsey’s route is moving along nicely. More artwork, more story elements, etc. The biggest part is going to be coding all of this in once done, but that is something to think about later, not now.

As always, we are accepting new writers and coders, so don’t hesitate! We’d love to have you on board!

That’s it for now; God bless!

3 Likes

Hello, all!

What else can I say other than things are progressing nicely! Our scenes are looking extravagant yet orderly; I suspect you will all find joy in the varied paths and choices you can explore in the June 2023 demo.

We are looking for more writers for general purposes, so don’t feel shy to reach out to us in the #project-help-channel (Discord). We are all working on Kelsey’s path right now, then will come Sam’s, then Janine’s.

That’s all for now! God bless you all.

6 Likes

Hey guys, anyone out there a Twine coder and wanting to join the project? I could use another hand. :slight_smile: DM me for details!

Also looking for more writers.

I’m no full-blown writer, but if you need suggestions or something small, I could help with that.

If you feel so inclined to see what it takes to be on the project, join the Discord and we can talk from there. :slight_smile:

Good morning, everyone.

As per usual, things are still progressing. Looking to start the coding process again really soon.

We are still in need of writers, so if you are looking for a project to be a part of or you have a talent and some free time, please reach out to me in my DMs (Discord). We’d love to have you!

That’s really it for now. God bless!

3 Likes

I don’t know if you remember me, but I’d be interested in writing for you, though I didn’t commit to it previously because the hours seemed a bit intense

Of course I remember you.

We can discuss this in greater detail on Discord. HMU :slight_smile:

Hello everyone!

We have gained 2 new writers, which I am so pumped about! Thank you both for stepping up and wanting to help complete this game! Of course, though, Plus Side Studios is always welcoming of new members, so don’t feel shy to come forward and DM me (MODOK123 on Discord) about a position!

Things are moving along well with writing, and now with 2 more writers I believe we will be moving more quickly. I also anticipate starting up on coding again December 1st.

If you are interested in keeping up to date on LITWTMH on a real-time basis, join the Discord! There will also be the releases of the demos there, updates, and there’s general chat rooms, too! If you would like to join the team that is the place to be. Message me or the Project Manager, What Zit Tooya, and we’ll see about adding you.

God bless you all!

5 Likes

Hello!

It’s been a while, I know. I’ve been rather busy the past month and things have been a little stressful, but nothing too bad.

Anyway, you guys don’t care to hear about that.

The game is growing. We got the UI back up and running (which, for those who didn’t know, the update to Twine caused the code to break, so we had to find workarounds and fixes). Writing is moving along. What else can I say?

We are looking for more writers, though. The more we have, the faster it gets done! We are still aiming for June of 2023, but how awesome would it be to have it out before then? :slightly_smiling_face:

If you are interested in a writing position, please message me directly on Discord and we’ll chat! We are also open to coders.

Thank you all for your continued support!

14 Likes

Hello, all!

We at Plus Side Studios took December off as a break. December is really a time for loved ones and family.

With that out of the way, a new year has dawned and we are another step closer to the beta release in June of this year!

However, we are in desperate need of coders. If you are familiar with coding language, preferably Twine’s Harlowe, please step forward. We need help in the coding field. Pay is applicable. We are also always welcoming in writers, so don’t be shy! This is also a paid position if you chose to accept.

I hope to hear from some of you! God bless you all and happy new year!

6 Likes