Meat´s Roses (Released Version 0.4.2 [November/3/2023])

I fixed the problem, but open the console only ignore it.

1 Like

Actually Amnesia have 2 outfits and 5 sizes diferents in this demostration. I fixed executable and this not open the console.

Just gonna be a bit direct on this. It’s an interesting premise, but there are some real issues with the user experience. Most of these are easy fixes and revolve around balance, so please don’t take this too harshly.

I couldn’t really make sense of the machine translation to English for the story, but I understood the two goals outlined: Don’t go below $500 and make it to 52 weeks. In that screen, please add a note that says “Money in this game is Tears, or T.”

The UI in the game needs a lot more hinting (or a label hotkey) The schedule coming up by clicking the status in the top right made sense, but none of the other graphics are full in-view on screen to tell what they’re supposed to be or what function they may contain. The room should be redrawn at an angle so that each object isn’t overlapping the other one.

In the schedule, the Income and Upkeep information on the right should be implemented as soon as possible. For a game revolving around planning activities to make money, schedule classes, and cover rent to avoid debt, I never had any sense of how much money I would have in the next week and when rent would come in. In a quick test, I made it to 26 weeks before the first rent was due, at which point it took around 4-5 thousand T. From there, rent was deducted randomly.

Rent also seems far too high. There are 5 sizes, but it’s difficult to even see past the initial weight stage (I wasn’t able to on two playtests) because even taking the high-paying jobs, there wasn’t enough money to consistently take the cooking/pastry class and be able to cover rent while keeping sanity low.

The Diet/Restriction/Pocket money options don’t respond, I’m guessing these are features you will be adding later?

4 Likes

Exist two jobs hidden, unlock one of the two when you will level up 1 cooking or repostery respectively. This can help you. Actually is temporal desing of the menus, this is for define the positions of the menus.

1 Like

Looks really interesting, but I don’t seem to be able to exit the options menu or the week schedule. Am I missing something?

Right click for exit of a menu.

Actually I released a patch that fixed the error in 5 size of outfit default, the text of the descriptions of activities ​in english is more specific. Update Version 0.1.1 - Meat´s Roses by Roses of Meat

2 Likes

It crashed when i pressed new game

Could be for the fullscreen or, what version play?

1 Like

0.1.1 i was playing on fullscreen

Quit the mode fullscreen in options or download the game again if not can it.

I must say I’m really confused about what is going on here once you get past the introduction.

Clicking on the screen produces different menus based on where the mouse pointer is. I’m not sure if they are supposed to be associated with things in the background image? If they are, then it really needs some kind of hover-over highlight on the selected object.

I can set up a plan for the week, but can’t find any way to make the characters execute the plan. The only button that advances time is the “Rest” button which seems to cause them to rapidly run out of money or gain too much stress (how?).

The machine translation isn’t very good. I’m guessing Google translate from the way it alternates he/she without regard to the original? If you can’t work with an English speaker a way to progress is to take the generated English and translate it back into your native langauge and see if it makes sense - I suspect not!

2 Likes

You are in the correct, also I thoght in a way of indicate objects of the background are buttons.

I will make a tutorial of how play.

I will a future update a translate of way manual. (In what update? I do not know.)

I sorry for the problems, but I really need released the game.

1 Like

How start the week ? First time playing.

This is interesting, I can’t really say more than that right now.

I love these kinds of management games, but right now there isn’t enough info to go on.

What do the jobs do, what do the stats do, how much are the values effected, what is currently in the demo? Are missions and explorations in this version?

The load game button doesn’t work from the home screen but it works from the bed.

I am not saying all the info should be obvious, but if learning is a factor than I wish there was a slow progress to show the stats changing as the week progressed rather than all of it happening in an instant.

I wish you the best of luck though, there is a lot of potential here.

2 Likes

It’s not a problem at all! I totally understand the need to release, and I appreciate it; I’ve have been curious about this from the start. Hopefully the feedback you are getting will give some direction.

4 Likes

After clicking the girl, click “rest.” It will go through everything you set up for that week in the calendar.

Some more info I’ve pieced together for everyone else in the thread :

It’s pretty difficult at the beginning to manage stress (if stress goes to double your sanity stat you lose), money (if you go to -500 you lose), and training a skill (once you level a skill you can start doing a prestige job that will pay a bunch more&scales you keep gaining in that skill.)

Regarding money, there’s rent to pay every so often, which seems to(?) permanently increase as the game goes by. I think(?) by taking on the housekeeper job you can permanently reduce rent each time you work by a small amount, which will eventually lead to multi-time savings in future months. It seems balanced out by its lack of upfront pay and relatively low saving.

There are 3 girls in the intro cutscene but it seems at the moment you can only “raise” one (unless I missed a menu clickable)

You cannot load from the main menu, which made me worry that saves wouldn’t work - but if you save in game, come back and start a new game (skip tutorial), and then load game, you can load your save.

In terms of gaining weight, it seemed I steadily gained weight throughout.

More specific stuff I figured out (spoiler in case you want to figure out more detailed strategy on your own):

It seemed like my character’s sanity went up while she was stressed, it may be an acclimating too increased stress mechanic. Towards the end of the game when I figured this out, I tried to keep my character’s stress stable around their sanity value.

I went a cake tester/pastry class/pastry chef route. I seemed to still gain weight when I worked at the restaurant at the beginning on my first few tries, and also when I started throwing housekeeper in the mix to keep down rent late game. I think the max size you can get in the demo is “M” if there’s no way to speed up your gain. To test the max I attempted to edit the save online to give myself a few more weeks but the format wasn’t supported. I popped open hexedit to see if I could do it myself by searching for the value of the current month/week, but that didn’t quite work either.

Heads up, a ton of the above is guesswork.

3 Likes

Congratulations! For find the max size of the character in the demo. This are stats in the week 53.

Here this the version 1.2: Update Version 0.1.2 - Meat´s Roses by Roses of Meat with some enhace in the buttons of the background.

2 Likes

Congrats to you for making this cool game! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks man :slight_smile: