Myre’s Massive Mealtime - development (v0.583 - 2/26 sample platter)

Just checking in to say the plan is to have the next build out on patreon this week. To be clear, there will be something this week, the only variable is how much more I get done. There is already five thousand words of new content + implemented systems. I’d just like to get more done before I put the next rough build out =)

3 Likes

Tomorrow, 5/20/2022, I’ll be releasing version 0.2 for 10$ patrons and up to access as a thanks for their pledges.

I generally want to try and have things out at the start of the month in the future, but this update will be out almost exactly a month from the first version, so, I’m not to upset.

To be clear, this is still very much alpha content. It's a rough draft.

And so, there are spelling errors, grammar errors, weird wordyness, missing dialogue, and abrupt endings. Those kind enough to pledge are funding development, so in exchange they get to see how the sausage is made. The funding is going to fund more art, music, and just, living expenses while development goes on.

So what is in the update tomorrow?
I’ll have a larger post tomorrow to lay out what is in v0.2, but generally, it has a bit of extra descriptive text in the beginning, and a cluster of eating/feeding content. There will be some stubbed out pathways but there is still probably around six thousand more words of content, spread out based on choices. My goal tonight is just to see how many stubbed paths I can finish, so i can focus on cleanup and what not.

Thank you everyone for your generous support!

3 Likes

Version 0.2 is out now for patrons

https://www.patreon.com/posts/66683961

Update includes:

• Actual eating content! As this included the appetizer portion of the date, you can choose what foods you split (or maybe just what food Myre eats). There are options that are always available, but your choices in the first part affect what additional choices are available. Not all choices have any payoff yet, and some are still unfinished. But this is still an alpha build.
  • Sprite change systems. As Myre eats stuff, her sprites can actually change to reflect this.
  • Other background systems, like flags allowing for limiting content to certain choices.

For the next version I may spend some time polishing and filling out this content a bit for public release to act as a demo.

4 Likes

I put up a poll on patreon to help decide weather next month I focus on polish, or on adding more content: https://www.patreon.com/posts/66792983

If i focus on polish, then my goal is to make a sort of nice alpha demo for the first public release. I have a few plans to make that extra nice but I don’t want to show my hand just yet. In that case, the demo would come out for 2 dollar patrons for a month, then come out free for everyone.

Then Future WIPs would be out for 10 dollar patrons again. TBH This is how I prefer to write? Get a bunch of rough content down on the page, let it sit for like a month or more, then come back to revise it.

Anyway, go vote in the poll!

3 Likes

June news!

I Intend to have another patron update out this month in between two or three weeks (around the 23rd or 24th, depending on crunch. Or it may come sooner if i’m especially productive). I polled my patrons at the end of last month. I asked them if i should focus this update on adding more rough content, or polishing what is already there. 79% voted to continue with rough content, so that’s what the plan is, to finish some of the stubbed stuff in the appetizer section, and start getting into the pre-entree conversation options.

What else is coming?

More art. I’m reluctant spoil what’s coming, But Clinko has already graciously completed some of the things I requested. BTS patrons can see that art already in the Forbidden knowledge folder. I also have something else lined up that may or may not come this month, and am also looking to arrange some other fun things.

What about a public demo?
Sure, good question. I do at some point want to polish the first couple sections up for public release. Maybe for July? We’ll see. I’ll let you know once I have more plans.

In the mean time you can always look at my other social media for other content. Stories and even short comics.

Discord: discord.gg/tXetKzm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Juxtaterrestria
Patreon Juxtaterrestrial is creating Belly focused fetish content | Patreon
Deviantart: Juxtaterrestrial - Professional, Writer | DeviantArt

3 Likes

I definitely recommend to people that they should put out at least one public version of their game. It doesn’t have to be continually updated, but for a paid game it is hard to commit money on a game without ever playing it. So having an early version build to get an idea of if the writing style/art style/play style match up with what someone likes is extremely helpful to determining if someone wants to put money towards the game. So I’m glad to hear there will be a public demo :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is/was always going to be a free public version. The question is just about “when” =)

And i totally get it’s hard to justify spending money on a game without playing it. That’s why I specify that the money for the Behind The Scenes tier is to support development. The point of the tier is that for the generous support they get to see stuff ahead of time - before it’s all ready. To see how the sausage is made for my stories and comic, but yes, also the visual novel. Obviously they also get to comment if they want, but no one has had anything to say yet, haha.

I just hope people enjoy it.

1 Like

Brief update! I still intend to have something out for patrons next week with a bit of new art, and additional writing.

But in the meantime, you can check out this wonderful belly play animation of Myre: https://twitter.com/kay_inthedark/status/1537954551558352896

2 Likes

Very short post: Update will be out for BTS patrons this week. 6/23/22 or 6/24/22 depending of course that things work when I want them to in regards to posting.

3 Likes

Version 0.3 is out now for patrons!

Update includes:

• over 3,000 more new words of content + a little bit of revisions here and there.
  • art for 2 new emotion poses provided by Clinko ( holding belly/stomach with embarrassed and flirty variations)
  • Art for a close up reaction

At this point 90% of the appetizer content(for this draft) is done. There is one appetizer option i may cut and replace because I don’t think it’s that cool, honestly. That’s why it’s not finished yet, haha! Maybe I can do a vote on it later?

Anyway a large amount of the writing is in the two versions of the weird ice cream flavor appetizer options. Give it a look.

Here is a cute teaser that shows off some of the new art:

Myre_icecream_app_sample

This update is available for 10 dollar Behind The Scenes patrons here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/68121745

5 Likes

My goal for July is to polish up the current content to release a build as a public demo.

New art. Clean up the writing. Lots of fun!

When will you be able to play the demo? Well that’s actually a question that BTS patrons get to affect: https://www.patreon.com/posts/68656523

1 Like

Update is here!

This month’s update was focused on polishing the content already present!
So what does that mean?

Changes:
-Dialogue word count is up to >14,500 up from ~11,000 for the last update and all the writing has been revised and proofread as well! So there are a lot of new words, and a lot of other words have been changed to be better.
-The preferences page has an outfit toggle button in it so you can use Myre’s work outfit if you want
-Two new beautiful background images painted by @Kay_inthedark and DecisiveTang
-A custom music track created by @sometimescozy
-The interfaces have been thematically colored, and polished. There is now an actual main menu.
-Credits are found in the ‘about’ page

Teasers

The interior of the restaurant

An establishing shot of Myre’s Ice Cream

When can you play it?

My $10 Behind The Scenes patrons can download this now! https://www.patreon.com/posts/69400805

All other patrons will get access on august 18th

Then, this build will be released publicly as a demo on September 16th!
At that point, i will make a separate post for that upload, and keep this thread as a sort of development thread.

4 Likes

And here is a teaser image! =)

6 Likes

I’m thinking about messing with sounds for the next update. A bit.

Like, I could easily include a toggle in the options menu for burp sounds, and eating sounds.

I dunno. We’ll see.

2 Likes

I have the toggle buttons in for burp sounds, eating sounds (like gulps and stuff, but not chewing), and stomach sounds.

I don’t have that content added yet, but it’s just a matter of picking from the sounds I have and putting them in strategically.

3 Likes

Loving the game so far man! Will she gain weight eventually? Or is it more focused on the stuffing part?

2 Likes

This visual novel will only include eating/stuffing. It takes places over a few hours, so no time to digest haha! In the future though, for other visual novels, weight gain is definitely a possibility for Myre.

I’m glad you like it! It’s been a lot of work so far and I can’t wait until more people get to play it

5 Likes

So onward to v0.4!

What is the plan?

Well I have a handy google spreadsheet here: Myre's Massive Mealtime Development checklist - Google Sheets

Largely v0.4 is going to be able adding more conversation options before you order your main dinner, but I also intend to add some sound effects to what is already present. Burps. Gulps. Stomach growls and churning and stuff. And the sounds will have buttons to turn them off if they’re not to your taste.

I also plan on doing some more interface work to create a specific “Content options” menu for the new buttons.

Of course the writing will represent the largest amount of content. I just wanted to point that out because it’s only a single line on the chart haha.

Depending on how things go, items may be added to the chart to. For example if I can secure more art that needs to be added - new chart item.

4 Likes

And I updated the sheet. I have all the sounds i plan to add for now. Task complete. Crab rave! Now I just need to add them in in appropriate places.

Hey the sounds are working!

And like I said, you can disable them in groups. Stomach sounds. Burps. And eating sounds (To be clear this doesn’t include chewing kinds of stuff. Right now it’s just a slurp sounds and gulping.).

This should be quick to add in other places, and as I go along in the future.

3 Likes