Myre’s Massive Mealtime - development (v0.584 - 3/29 2 year update)

Obviously i’d love to include more detail wherever I can. it just so happened i have some extra hand positions to work with this time =)

When i next get a chance to tweak it i’d like to decouple the dropping of the apron from the hand movement. And time them separately. I have some other things i’d like to tweak and add too. Hopefully i get some writing done before that though haha

1 Like

Download MMM v0.52 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier: https://www.patreon.com/posts/myres-massive-v0-82005807

This was a rough month. More issues with getting meds and top that with getting sucked into the Resident Evil 4 remake. Still i think i have some good stuff for you all! And this makes 1 full year since the first release!

v0.52 changes

• ~2000 more words mostly to finish off the big burger dinner option.
  • A bit more revision of expressions used in the early game
  • A really fun new animation that plays when you are using Myre’s work outfit, and go from belly size 3 to 4. This took a lot of banging my head against the wall to get working haha
  • Revised the fullness numbers a bit so that belly size 3 and 4 are more easily accessible. Will be re-balanced further in the future too.
  • Fixed a few bugs that were causing the wrong dialog to be played in a few later places.
4 Likes

myre toss wip4

And here is an in context version of the animation i showed off before!

5 Likes

myre toss wip6

Download MMM v0.521 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier: https://www.patreon.com/posts/myres-massive-v0-83581432

Med changes and distracting games were rough this month. But things are progressing well!

v0.521 changes

• ~1000 more words bringing the total close to 30k! I did about 1/4th of the dialog for the pasta dinner option, and i also outlined all the pasta paths. It’s fewer words but similar amount of work for me as last month.

• Revised more expression during the appetizers. about 1/3rd done

• I worked on the animation I added last month. I drew a smear from for it and made the timing tighter in general!

7 Likes

I accidentally released a version with some testing content at the start of the game, but that’s fixed now!

So that's a fucking disaster

A couple days ago my computer went black while i was using it. Just dead. Power button doesn’t even start up fans or anything for a moment. The only thing that happens is the graphics cards lights up a bit. And the LEDs on the graphics card indicate it’s getting power.

So, it seems like it’s the motherboard that’s gone bad. And in the middle of crunch time for the game’s development. That is very much not disco.

Checked local stores and they didn’t have what i need at a price point i could afford. So I ordered a new motherboard + cpu + ssd on amazon. But the parts don’t get here until Monday.

So yesterday i spent all day cobbling together computer parts from previous builds. In the mean time i have a computer that functions. I put my data drive into the Frankenstein’s chimera computer and i can confirm that all my data is fine. And more importantly, I should be able to still get an update out this month for patrons. I lost two days because of this, but I was panicking that i’d be out a computer until at least Monday.

I want to be finished with the rough draft of the pasta dinner options. I’m already a good way towards that. We’ll see though.

Now the other big thing. This month was already a tight month because someone i managed to get all my yearly renewal things to charge during June. Including car stuff that’s coming up next week. That’s my fault. But another random 400+ dollar expense is not something that is going to be easy to handle. Any generosity would be awesome and helpful.

It’s because of your support that i’m able to afford to live so if you’re not already a patron maybe you’d consider tossing something my way? BTS tier patrons have received a WIP build every month for the last 13 months(soon to be 14): https://www.patreon.com/juxtaterrestrial

Alternatively, if you dislike patreon and want to otherwise help out, I have a kofi https://ko-fi.com/juxtaterrestrial

2 Likes

This next update is around 3k words so far, but i plan.hope to get a bunch more writing done tomorrow to get the rough draft of the pasta option out of the way. Lots of variation for the belly talk/appetite tags.

Download MMM v0.53 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier: https://www.patreon.com/posts/myres-massive-v0-85117212

As above had a computer breakdown (please send money). So that means no update picture right now. But here is the update anyway! Lots of words.

v0.53 changes

• ~6000 more words! The total word count is up to around 35.5k. Mostly finished off the rough draft for the pasta dinner choice. It’s got variations for the [flirt] path, the [enable] path, and smaller variations for the [intimate] path, the appetite talk, comfort, and belly talk flags.

• That’s it! Just a lot of words! Also an android version that maybe hopefully functions

2 Likes

Now that i got my computer working again, I put together a silly promo image

Game status update

It’s been awhile since I laid out plans.

So with the pasta dinner option out of the way that means only one food option is left for the rough draft of dinner options I had planned. Next month I will be starting on steak. The real meat.

Burger, pasta, and steak are kind of not super inclusive. My goal is to have the foods I choose help illustrate something about the character or have some kind of specific fun or sexy moment. I don’t just want to include a food for food’s sake. Another is that I want to make it feel like the conversations you have build off of what you’ve talked about before. So rather than dinner just giving you another list of foods, I want each dinner entree to be reactive. Sure, it’s only three base level choices, but they end up breaking down into different results. For example the recent pasta update will play out very differently if you’ve been flirting with Myre from the start than if you haven’t.

So steak is up next. I think it will be very enjoyable. The sort of basic variations are

• big steak

• split challenge steak

• Suggest Myre eats the whole challenge steak

• Myre suggests that she eat the challenge steak herself (with two possible fun variations)

Those options may get shifted or structured differently as I outline stuff next month, but that’s the general idea of what’s next.

Beyond July and Beyond Steak

Well very generally after dinner comes post dinner talk. That will have more than just talk though. A lot of fun content waits there. Stuff like belly rubs and listening to Myre’s stomach. That’s when the fetish dialogue can get even more direct(because I’ve been trying to make things escalate through the date, rather than just starting with it all at the go).

And then after that is dessert and then the ending content.

BUT before I move on to post dinner talk, I want to go back and polish the content up until dinner.

These projects get bigger over time. For example sounds were a bit of scope creep. But I really enjoy their inclusion. To help prevent getting bogged down, my approach has been to focus on writing and add extra stuff later. I make a lot of notes to myself at places where things would be good to add. Sounds and dialogue.

So what will post dinner polishing look like?

• Dialogue edits. Rephrasing. New dialogue. Smoothness.

• Extending current sound up to dinner. New sounds too.

• More little animations. Probably more expressions. Extending new expressions throughout.

• More reactions and choices and reactions to those choices.

That last one will be good. Polishing won’t just mean the same content. I want to widen the experience. An example of this is during the pre dinner talk options i added the ability to comment on Myre’s belly, or her appetite if certain conditions are met. This sets a flag. After those events there are places where dialog is different if you have those flags. Makes sense. You’ve talked about how big her belly already is, so when you order MORE food it’s logical that her gut would come up again.

I already have places marked to add small variations for that. But during the polish pass, I want to add more situations to unlock more flags. Maybe a burp flag if you decide to comment on her burping. A belly sounds flag. I have in my mind to allow you to comment on Clara being rude and that could maybe lead to some fun moments or confrontations ; )

This year has had a lot of challenges that’ve slowed me down, but it’s because I set up a roadmap last year that things have progressed consistently.

It is because of the generous support of patrons that I am able to consistently work on this project.

Without them I’d probably have not gotten nearly as much done, or would have had to abandon the project to find other ways to get by. I know I’ve mentioned it a bunch, but I had my motherboard fail this last week. That was a big out of pocket cost. So if you like the project, maybe you’d be able to help out in a small way?

I am extraordinarily lucky that Baldurs Gate 3 comes out after my deadline for July’s Patreon update.

8 Likes

It’s an update woo hoo! 16 month streak!

Download MMM v0.54 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier: https://www.patreon.com/posts/myres-massive-v0-86659750

This month I wrote about steaks, but also outlined a ton for the next few month’s content. I also poked around with another side game project.

v0.54 changes

• ~2500 more words! Which is less than last month, but this month I also outlined a bunch of what I will be writing the next few months(important groundwork). What is that? Steaks! Big ones. The scene I added this month, is the dinner option i think will be the most fun and gluttonous. First up is the basic option unlocked by just having the gluttony path unlocked. It’s also got a few variations, with more outlined for the future.

• Also android version again. That’s probably just the plan from now on, but I had to install everything again to make that happen.

4 Likes

Despite BG3 doing its absolute best to absorb my soul, work does proceed for an update this month. More steak is being written about. I’ve also started adding some flags here and there to make further little bits of reactivity easy to reference.

I have the whole of the current steak variant outlined and stubbed and my hope is to get it finished for this month!

2 Likes

Up to over 2k words for this update so far. And i have more I’ll be writing! It seems likely the total word count will pass 40k this update!

Also here is a teaser of a new BG that’s being worked on. A new establishing shot.

I made Myre eat the android and I’m going to use it until i have better visuals to promote with =P

Anyway: Download MMM v0.55 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier: https://www.patreon.com/posts/myres-massive-v0-88397190

v0.55 changes

• Almost 3k more words! Wordcount is now passed 40k total! More steak this month, but now you can split a huge challenge steak with Myre, even though she has more than her ‘fair’ share.

• I laid the groundwork for future additional reactivity. I made it easier for me to reference food’s Myre has eaten That’s not fun for you yet, but it’s there haha

4 Likes

So awhile ago, last year around this time, i did a sketch using 2 point perspective for an establishing shot of the restaurant. I’d planned to finish itself up myself but life and stuff got in the way.

ANYWAY earlier this year I arranged to have DecisiveTang paint the actual image for use in the game. And now it’s finished and implemented!

6 Likes

Download MMM v0.56 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier:

AHH panicked screeching. Really had a rough time this crunch week. Lots of things went wrong. But here is the update! But it’s done!

This month the new content is a Variant on last month’s content. This time if you have the glutton tag, flirt tag, but NOT the intimate tag you can get an option where when you suggest the challenge steak, Myre is like “Okay that’s for me, what are you going to have?”

Next month I want to finish the last two steak variants. Or at least 1. My hope is that they come pretty quick. Once Those are done It’ll be off to revisions and polish land to make things better and nicer before going into more conversation, desserts, and ending fun. Stay tuned!

v0.56 changes

• 4k more words! More big ass steak! This time Myre eats all of it.

• A new background by DecisiveTang - the restaurant exterior!

• 2 new belly sizes for the close up eating sprites by Clinko!

5 Likes

You can’t blame a girl for eating this much, can you?

11 Likes

Download MMM v0.57 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier:

v0.57 changes

• 5k more words! This is for 2 variants of the outcome where you suggest that Myre does the challenge steak and then decides you’re going to feed it to her (the intimate tag) option. I think some of the sub variants may not be accessible yet? They should be later in development. But some of it definitely is accessible!

• An absolute TON of new poses. Clinko drew three new arms. And in additional to that I also added the other variations for existing arm positions. I also created a handful of new expressions from Clinko’s work. Basically, there is now 10 times more possible Myre sprites. To do this I ended up redoing how i handle the sprites in the back end. Instead of exporting all the poses, i exported just the body poses, and I composite the faces onto it. So now there are less images in the folder, but way more possible poses. Currently the new poses are only in the new content.

2 Likes

Oh - this isn’t polished.

But I thought it was fun. It’s a gif of the test i put together to make sure all the new poses were working correctly and changing correctly through different stuffed stages.

The result was air guitar, apparently haha

format change test gif2

5 Likes