Myre’s Massive Mealtime - development (v0.584 - 3/29 2 year update)

Game status update

It’s been awhile since I laid out plans.

So with the pasta dinner option out of the way that means only one food option is left for the rough draft of dinner options I had planned. Next month I will be starting on steak. The real meat.

Burger, pasta, and steak are kind of not super inclusive. My goal is to have the foods I choose help illustrate something about the character or have some kind of specific fun or sexy moment. I don’t just want to include a food for food’s sake. Another is that I want to make it feel like the conversations you have build off of what you’ve talked about before. So rather than dinner just giving you another list of foods, I want each dinner entree to be reactive. Sure, it’s only three base level choices, but they end up breaking down into different results. For example the recent pasta update will play out very differently if you’ve been flirting with Myre from the start than if you haven’t.

So steak is up next. I think it will be very enjoyable. The sort of basic variations are

• big steak

• split challenge steak

• Suggest Myre eats the whole challenge steak

• Myre suggests that she eat the challenge steak herself (with two possible fun variations)

Those options may get shifted or structured differently as I outline stuff next month, but that’s the general idea of what’s next.

Beyond July and Beyond Steak

Well very generally after dinner comes post dinner talk. That will have more than just talk though. A lot of fun content waits there. Stuff like belly rubs and listening to Myre’s stomach. That’s when the fetish dialogue can get even more direct(because I’ve been trying to make things escalate through the date, rather than just starting with it all at the go).

And then after that is dessert and then the ending content.

BUT before I move on to post dinner talk, I want to go back and polish the content up until dinner.

These projects get bigger over time. For example sounds were a bit of scope creep. But I really enjoy their inclusion. To help prevent getting bogged down, my approach has been to focus on writing and add extra stuff later. I make a lot of notes to myself at places where things would be good to add. Sounds and dialogue.

So what will post dinner polishing look like?

• Dialogue edits. Rephrasing. New dialogue. Smoothness.

• Extending current sound up to dinner. New sounds too.

• More little animations. Probably more expressions. Extending new expressions throughout.

• More reactions and choices and reactions to those choices.

That last one will be good. Polishing won’t just mean the same content. I want to widen the experience. An example of this is during the pre dinner talk options i added the ability to comment on Myre’s belly, or her appetite if certain conditions are met. This sets a flag. After those events there are places where dialog is different if you have those flags. Makes sense. You’ve talked about how big her belly already is, so when you order MORE food it’s logical that her gut would come up again.

I already have places marked to add small variations for that. But during the polish pass, I want to add more situations to unlock more flags. Maybe a burp flag if you decide to comment on her burping. A belly sounds flag. I have in my mind to allow you to comment on Clara being rude and that could maybe lead to some fun moments or confrontations ; )

This year has had a lot of challenges that’ve slowed me down, but it’s because I set up a roadmap last year that things have progressed consistently.

It is because of the generous support of patrons that I am able to consistently work on this project.

Without them I’d probably have not gotten nearly as much done, or would have had to abandon the project to find other ways to get by. I know I’ve mentioned it a bunch, but I had my motherboard fail this last week. That was a big out of pocket cost. So if you like the project, maybe you’d be able to help out in a small way?

I am extraordinarily lucky that Baldurs Gate 3 comes out after my deadline for July’s Patreon update.

8 Likes

It’s an update woo hoo! 16 month streak!

Download MMM v0.54 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier: https://www.patreon.com/posts/myres-massive-v0-86659750

This month I wrote about steaks, but also outlined a ton for the next few month’s content. I also poked around with another side game project.

v0.54 changes

• ~2500 more words! Which is less than last month, but this month I also outlined a bunch of what I will be writing the next few months(important groundwork). What is that? Steaks! Big ones. The scene I added this month, is the dinner option i think will be the most fun and gluttonous. First up is the basic option unlocked by just having the gluttony path unlocked. It’s also got a few variations, with more outlined for the future.

• Also android version again. That’s probably just the plan from now on, but I had to install everything again to make that happen.

4 Likes

Despite BG3 doing its absolute best to absorb my soul, work does proceed for an update this month. More steak is being written about. I’ve also started adding some flags here and there to make further little bits of reactivity easy to reference.

I have the whole of the current steak variant outlined and stubbed and my hope is to get it finished for this month!

2 Likes

Up to over 2k words for this update so far. And i have more I’ll be writing! It seems likely the total word count will pass 40k this update!

Also here is a teaser of a new BG that’s being worked on. A new establishing shot.

I made Myre eat the android and I’m going to use it until i have better visuals to promote with =P

Anyway: Download MMM v0.55 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier: https://www.patreon.com/posts/myres-massive-v0-88397190

v0.55 changes

• Almost 3k more words! Wordcount is now passed 40k total! More steak this month, but now you can split a huge challenge steak with Myre, even though she has more than her ‘fair’ share.

• I laid the groundwork for future additional reactivity. I made it easier for me to reference food’s Myre has eaten That’s not fun for you yet, but it’s there haha

4 Likes

So awhile ago, last year around this time, i did a sketch using 2 point perspective for an establishing shot of the restaurant. I’d planned to finish itself up myself but life and stuff got in the way.

ANYWAY earlier this year I arranged to have DecisiveTang paint the actual image for use in the game. And now it’s finished and implemented!

6 Likes

Download MMM v0.56 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier:

AHH panicked screeching. Really had a rough time this crunch week. Lots of things went wrong. But here is the update! But it’s done!

This month the new content is a Variant on last month’s content. This time if you have the glutton tag, flirt tag, but NOT the intimate tag you can get an option where when you suggest the challenge steak, Myre is like “Okay that’s for me, what are you going to have?”

Next month I want to finish the last two steak variants. Or at least 1. My hope is that they come pretty quick. Once Those are done It’ll be off to revisions and polish land to make things better and nicer before going into more conversation, desserts, and ending fun. Stay tuned!

v0.56 changes

• 4k more words! More big ass steak! This time Myre eats all of it.

• A new background by DecisiveTang - the restaurant exterior!

• 2 new belly sizes for the close up eating sprites by Clinko!

5 Likes

You can’t blame a girl for eating this much, can you?

11 Likes

Download MMM v0.57 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier:

v0.57 changes

• 5k more words! This is for 2 variants of the outcome where you suggest that Myre does the challenge steak and then decides you’re going to feed it to her (the intimate tag) option. I think some of the sub variants may not be accessible yet? They should be later in development. But some of it definitely is accessible!

• An absolute TON of new poses. Clinko drew three new arms. And in additional to that I also added the other variations for existing arm positions. I also created a handful of new expressions from Clinko’s work. Basically, there is now 10 times more possible Myre sprites. To do this I ended up redoing how i handle the sprites in the back end. Instead of exporting all the poses, i exported just the body poses, and I composite the faces onto it. So now there are less images in the folder, but way more possible poses. Currently the new poses are only in the new content.

2 Likes

Oh - this isn’t polished.

But I thought it was fun. It’s a gif of the test i put together to make sure all the new poses were working correctly and changing correctly through different stuffed stages.

The result was air guitar, apparently haha

format change test gif2

5 Likes

Download MMM v0.58 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier:

v0.58 changes

• Over 1k new words bringing us past 50k words!

• New words are from places where I went through and added opportunities for the player to express an opinion. there is… 5 or 6 of these places? Anyway, there will be more of that added during this phase too.

• I did a first spell/grammar check pass over the whole project. I did not get everything and didn’t intend to. I just wanted to get the obvious errors handled so i can focus more on the content as I revise.

• I revised the intro and the first set of choices. I rephrased some things, added a bit here and there, and integrated the new poses from last month. Hopeful that first chunk feels even better than it did before.

This month is smaller than last month - the holidays are a bad time of year for me. Especially recently. But Also this month marks the start of a polishing phase before I continue with rough draft content, so that means smaller word count’s obviously haha. Next month I will have a poll for BTS patrons to decide which area I give attention to first while I revise and polish generally.

1 Like

This month I polled the BTS patrons to see what they wanted me to focus on besides general revisions.

I just wanted to share this very rough gif of how that start is going. The assets are temporary assets, the timing is off, the positioning and scale is wrong. But the skeleton is working!

feeding_rework_gif

I have more planned besides this but it is a milestone in what i’m working on!

1 Like

Download MMM v0.581 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier: https://www.patreon.com/posts/95334588

v0.581 changes

• Close to 1k new words - added several places where previous choices are mentioned, and added places later which reference these new references.

• As patrons voted, I started working on an overhaul of the feeding scenes. This is currently limited to the large challenge steak scenes. Involved a bunch of back end work. I think, actually only one path can get there right now? More will be available next month.

• For the feeding sections I also have new WIP art for the huge steak from Kay.

This month has some fun changes. Got partway through the second file of intro content. Only got partway through because I added variants to the scene(s) in the “are you hungry as you look” - "i want to make sure you’re satisfied’ dialog options. If you were encouraging or flirty in the first part of the intro, that can come up, and then that scene has a few places where that moment can be referenced later on in the date. Aside from the general quality, this is the kind of stuff i want to do to thicken the project.

Besides that the other big thing this month is what patrons voted for this month - work on the feeding scenes. Right now the only place these changes are visible is with the gluttony + flirt + not intimate challenge steak option. Technically it would work for all the challenge steak content, but I didn’t focus on the player feeding options.

But what I mean is that now during the eating portions of the event, there will be a table, with visible food. And when Myre actually takes a bite, it’ll zoom in closer. And as she eats more the food will progressively get smaller. This features (currently WIP) art from Kay in the dark again!

Next month I’ll continue work on that - generalizing the things i nailed down this month so all i should have to do is get art for the other foods, and propagate the small code changes through the rest of the project.

3 Likes

Download MMM v0.582 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier:

So I made a booboo last month and uploaded v0.58 instead of 0.581 to itch. So this month’s update includes both month’s content. RIP. Dumb mistake and so sorry!

v0.582 changes

• I finished revising the poses for the second set of intro choices. I may go back and add a few dialogue variants in the future, but it’s not a high priority. There are not a lot of new words because stuff was pretty clean, as is.

• I got and implemented the finalized art from @kay_inthedark. Now there is the huge steak, and the big steaks. You can get the big steak dinner option by just having the gluttony path open, which you can get in a few places. I need to improve the section (notably, make you and Myre eat at different rates lol) but it’s in there!

• I added 3 new faces for Myre and sprinkled them through the section I revised. It’s 3 variants on the lipbite face which are very useful.

• I did work that didn’t make it in this month too - a bit of tweaking for the close up feeding. Mixing faces so I can give more expressiveness to those moments. Didn’t make the cut this month because I’m still mulling over how i want to implement them.

2 Likes

Unrelated to the visual novel, This last month I also started making a comic

https://www.deviantart.com/juxtaterrestrial/art/Myre-s-Ambitious-Appetite-page-1-1011796771

Already have enough done for weekly updates for awhile

2 Likes

TEMP ART AHEAD

Still working on upgrading the feeding scenes. And revising/editing dialogue and poses.

The sample platter is up this month. The writing is getting elaborated on a bit. But besides that I’ve implemented a new setting to control how often you want to see Myre/the player eating/fed. So like if you enjoy seeing Myre eating a bunch of food, then you can up the setting. Or if you’d rather just see enough to get an idea you can have that too.

We’ll see how people like that!

But regardless that is generally implemented. You can go through the sample platter and work your way through the whole thing and see it vanish into her mouth.

6 Likes

Download MMM v0.583 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier:

Short month but quite a big bit of work!

Worked more on implementing changes to the feeding system. Lots of visual changes there with the sample platter but also behind the scenes changes. I only touched on the self feed part of the sample platter. I want to get things more and more fleshed out, so my understanding of how it should all works advances. I think next month I should be able to refine the systems and implement them more quickly. At least the visual part. We’ll see about content.

Honestly the sample platter is probably the most complex of the food items. I had to really resist trying to make something way more interactive than i have time or knowledge to implement at this point haha! The reason I’ve put off the player feeding sections is that I think they should be a notch more complicated. But That is now more in reach in my head with the work I did this month.

I want feedback on another change this moth too. I added a new setting under the content preferences for how often you want to be able to see Myre eat. So the little eating/feeding scenes, I’ve started to make it customizable. Do you want to see her eat a lot? Or keep it to a minimum? Or somewhere in between? It’s implemented for the sample platter event to varying degrees. Is this a setting that you’d value continued work with?

v0.583 changes

• Around 2k new words - i forgot to check the exact starting point. But the total word count is up to 53.4k. These words come in the form of new variations with the sample platter appetizer (in the beginning and during the part where Myre eats).

• The whole section where Myre eats the sample platter of food has been redone. You know go through each food on the platter and as part of the eating/feeding rework she eats, and the food on the table goes away. This means i added more dialogue during that. I would like to go back and add some more variations there, but there already are some there too! Over that section is still a bit buggy. Let me know what weird interactions you encounter.

• I implemented temporary art for the food for the sample platter. You can marvel in the re arranged existing foods, and the mspaint quality food to represent things i didn’t have. This temp art will be replaced pretty soon!

• Added a new choice in the content preferences for frequency of feeding. SO basically how often do you want to see animations of Myre eating (or the player feeding her). Minimal will in some places be where the VN currently is. But other places the default medium option will be representative where the VN is now. The frequent option will add extra places where you get to watch Myre eat. Though this will not give more fullness or anything. Let me know how you like this! Should I keep adding this option to future scenes? Or just pick one rate to make the content show as.

5 Likes

I also Have posted 2 more pages of the comic I mentioned I’ve been doing as well!

Next part will be publicly released next week. And after that they will be out weekly!

4 Likes

Download MMM v0.584 now available for generous patrons who support me on the BTS tier:

Holy crap! this month makes 24 months of non stop updates! 2 years!

This month has been pretty rough and as a result the update reflects that. It’s like every day something else has come up to disrupt me. I wish the 2 year mark had a more momentous content drop to celebrate, but sadly i do not haha!

The bones of the feeding system, now both for Myre feeding herself and for the player feeding Myre are implemented for most of the appetizers. The only ones missing are the ice cream and the option where Myre gets 2 appetizers. But now that I have the basics of things laid out, those should be fast to add when I get to them.

Also like i say below, the new writing that comes with the second half of the sampler content is just… copy and pasted for the most part. That will be the thing i touch next month first.

v0.584 changes:

• Added first visuals of player feeding Myre in the intimate sampler scene. The rest of that scene is extremely unfinished with 80% of the dialogue being just copy pasted without alteration - that will be revised soon!
  • added the player and Myre feeding visuals to the boneless wings, chips and dip, and cinnamon buns.
  • To facilitate implementing the animations, there is now placeholder art for those scenes too. It is comically small wip art haha
3 Likes