A New life in the Fat Lane - A Joseph Earnwile V Adventure.

Absolutely possible to get the fifth one, but that part is chance based with some figures having better odds than others. Just a rare figure.

The buffet is still work in progress. Making some of the girls enter the common area sometimes hinges on other storylines being progressed. Tell me where you are stuck and I will try and help out more :slight_smile:

Epic! Love your game btw, despite all the critiques about I think it’s really awesome.
Anyway- So, I’m stuck at Sarah kicking me out of her room. Though I don’t know if that’s it or there’s a way for her to get in the common room like you say.

Ah, if you’re at the point I am guessing you are at (Quite early in her questline). You will have to advance two other girls’s quest to get further. Check on Jennie and Steph :slight_smile:

Okay- I don’t know if I’m missing something super obvious or what. But I’ve advanced Jennie and Steph to the point where Jennie kicked me out of her room and Steph is fat and on the couch, but it says I should get her a snack and can’t find anything. Also- I haven’t seen Sarah.

Nothing left for Steph in the pantry or kitchen? Table in the common room?

Maybe I fed something to Jennie that I was supposed to feed to Steph? That’s the only thing I can really think of. But Steph doesn’t like salty snacks and I’ve already fed her practically everything in the kitchen, along with the peanut butter, celery, carrot, apple, and chocolate bar. So I don’t know what I’m missing.

Weird, there should be enough to advance her story around the rooms… If not I must have done something wrong in who eats what. I will check on my end :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking the time to do this man, you rock. ^w^

Oh wow- this game is already awesome and I am loving it. The kind of sand-boxy style I like with lots of things to explore and find already.

Now a few inputs:

I reached a point with several of the women where they no longer have a picture showing up when looking at them. I assume this means I have hit the end of content … ? Otherwise, it would be great if the game could contain some indication that you have reached the end of content for a particular character.
With Sarah, I got to the scene where she needs help to get in the bed. I get the text for the scene but with the following error:
“Error running script: Parent of element ‘player’ cannot be set to itself”

Liza’s story never went anywhere for me. I saw her only once early game, after that her door was just locked permanently. I am not sure if I missed something here.

There are several shop-keepers who indicate their preferences for food, but it seems they are not actually possible to feed. At least, I was not able to find suitable food for several of them. This can perhaps create some annoyance, since it can take time for the stubborn ones of us to try out all different kinds of food of them, just to see if anything works.

Anything else? Well, as some others have mentioned- Sleeping and having a daily cycle could make the game just slightly more realistic, though I am unsure how difficult that would be to implement. I did find that some of the gains, for example Jennie’s, was just too fast(and on top of that, you are just feeding her snacks).
Anyway, thanks for making this blast of a game. Really looking forward to see more.

Hey man, glad you enjoy it so far, and thank you for some good input and things to fix! :slight_smile:

I am already working on either extending/actually ending most of the girls storylines, and will try to have some sort of “end of work for now”" type message pop if nothing more is installed.

I will check on the message in sarah’s quest. Should be a simple fix.

Shop keepers I spent some time spiffing up this morning. I should have a small fix out later today hopefully.

Day cycles will be hard implementation late in the game. I think I would like to finish off what I have in its illogical way, and add some more fun before maybe going back and implementing some sort of turn-system to make a day/sleep thing happen. May be possible to make it so that you can only give x items away before having to sleep for instance.

Ah Jennie, my sort of test character, and hoo boy does it show. Late night, horny and new to AI really got the better of me there. I think some new artwork and a slight rewrite may be in order for Jenn.

1 Like

Sounds really great - Giving some input is the least I can do, and I am happy you are so open to them.

Yeah, I did get a sense that Jennie is a bit of a proto-girl within the proto-version :smiley: Some of the others are more believable just because of the varied scenes, going out etc. This can also work simply to give the impression that the dating/feeding is taking place over a longer time instead of an actual day cycle. There are other ways :wink:

I am having a terrible time trying to figure out the last thing to feed Stephanie.

If you have a suggestion of ways as you said: I am very open for suggestions. Would be nice to pick anyone’s brain really. If you don’t want to write it here, I am open to an email or a talk on itch :slight_smile: I think warying her quest would be a good route to go though, make her move and groove a bit more as the days go by. Besides: internet trolls starts fatshaming girls at 57 kilos now a days…

WeirdoBeardo89 out!

More playing, more discovering, more realising I need to be more thorough when bug testing (have I said “more” enough?).

• Player tracking on the map breaks once you leave and re-enter the house (doesn’t happen every time, but do it enough and it will break), and overlaying all the rooms I can’t recreate at the moment, all I remember is it happened after a while of playing, maybe I was moving through locations too quickly?
  • Saving is only broken after entering the upper floor of the house (maybe in the trophy room too, haven’t tested it, but whoever is saving there is asking for trouble).
  • Megan probably shouldn’t be able to be interacted with until you unlock VIP 1 as she mentions stuff you can only see after that which is otherwise very confusing.
  • Gabriella can be fed before you find the sticky note, I didn’t even realise that was a thing that could be done until just now, I was just throwing random food at her to see if she’d accept it.
  • The 3rd booth in the buffet can only be looked at, not searched. Stephen says he discounts the buffet if you choose a la carte, but doesn’t.

And most importantly…

• I am a fool for not using the telephone. Beach path unlocked. Idk why I thought unexplored rooms didn’t have arrows pointing to them either. Oh well.
2 Likes

I always love getting messages from you guys with suggestions and things to fix. I am trying to go at them in an orderly manner :slight_smile: New hotfix for some issues should be up now :slight_smile:

I just played the game for a bit and I have to say its really hard to give the girls food when ur inventory has a lot of stuff in it. When i press on the food and onto give a list opens where i need to select who to give it to. But for some reason other food and furnite is in there as well and when the list is long its hard to scroll down to the girl and select her. Maybe you could change that system a bit

2 Likes

I bet I could make a funtion to run instead of the base one. Will get on this this afternoon :slight_smile:

One easy fix for this would be to make it so that every girl has at least 1 item they’ll eat that can be purchased. I’m pretty sure my stepahanie is stuck for the same reason. Also like half the asian menu chiyo won’t eat, it’s sort of vague and hard to understand, and imani as far as I know won’t eat anything.

If every girl had at least 1 renewable food item then players couldn’t hard lock themselves?

4 Likes

What I did was just drop 20-30 items in the common room once I realized no one wanted any of them :-/ not ideal solution though.

Is there more to Katja? I gave her one drink, but she won’t take any more. I do like this game though. I haven’t really seen a true sandbox fatten girls game in a while.