NPC Simulator

I think I hit a bug on day 2 where the game would perpetually think I’d already been out gathering food for the day, so I’d just be forced to have the girls keep on marching on an empty stoamach.

I really lied what I saw though. The character art was my speed entirely, I thought they were adoarble!

1 Like

Can I say that this was the first game in this game jam that I really enjoyed?

Grotlover2 Score

| Category | Total |

| —: | :–|

| Basics: | 20000 |

| Art: | 260 |

| Writing: | 320 |

| Concept/Design | 1200 |

| Msc: | 180 |

| Total: | 22060 |

Comments:

A very funny spin on standard RPGs. In the end of the day its basically a feeder sim but the writing and concept is hilarious and there is enough variability in lines it does not get old very fast. My major complaints are on the UX. Feeding is your primary action but is your second option in menus. It gets quite tedious to keep feeding items 1 by 1 as well especially at the larger sizes. Very cool concept though!

Jux Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 260 |

| Writing: | 311 |

| Concept/Design | 889 |

| Msc: | 150 |

| Total: | 21685 |

Comments:

A bit grindy but this was a project I really enjoyed playing. For your first game you did a great job. Hope you continue making stuff.

Kilif Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 225 |

| Writing: | 370 |

| Concept/Design | 1165 |

| Msc: | 175 |

| Total: | 22025 |

Comments:

I quite liked this one. The premise is hilarious and definitely unique, and the “twist” at the end was well done. The scope of the art assets was impressive, and it was fun focusing on one or two of the characters in particular.

What I would have liked to see more of is events changing more obviously in the overworld depending on the character’s weights. At least the early game components seem somewhat baked in regardless of the weight (since you can get everyone to max weight pretty early on). Also, I get that its part of the joke, but the foraging aspect did get somewhat tedious near the end. Those are, however, nitpicks. This was a wonderfully creative project and I hope to see more games from the developer.

S&S Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 215 |

| Writing: | 300 |

| Concept/Design | 665 |

| Msc: | 125 |

| Total: | 21410 |

Comments:

Squirrel Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 190 |

| Writing: | 240 |

| Concept/Design | 640 |

| Msc: | 50 |

| Total: | 21170 |

Comments:

An interesting flip of not being the hero for once but still being an active contributing member of the group made for an interesting narrative. I can see what you were aiming for with the self referential, self aware and snarky dialogue. The bountiful amount of unique dialogue and the sheer extent of said unique dialogue throughout the entire game was outstanding, not to mention it was well written. Overall the unique narrative and extensive writing make it an enjoyable adventure overall.

Scores

Art: 1150

Writing: 1541

Sound: 420

Design: 4559

Total: 108350