Okui Demo - Movement 1

I see the issue. I will run tests to see what works.

It was never about the jumps being hard to begin with. I think I got them on my 3rd try or so. Difficulty is something various people will feel differently. That was never what my comment was about. My comment was about how those sorts of jumps are badly designed in the context of the mechanics currently in the game, hence why I took issue with them.

2 Likes

Yes those jumps won’t be in the final product only reason i had them here was to stop what @HellaGunz did anyway, hats off too you, you will be glad to here that those jumps won’t exist next movement demo.

Speaking of things you probably aren’t supposed to do…

https://streamable.com/c2qxvw

Took quite a while to get up there, I don’t think it’s anything you need to fix though. Would be cool to have as an advanced tech for shortcuts.

Edit: I was able to figure out what was causing the walljump issues on the square blocks in the first walljump area. If you input a jump the frame before you land, the character will do a higher-than-normal jump (about one tile higher than holding jump). If you run into those square blocks with this jump, I think you slide up too far and the game ends your wallcling.

For more info, I’m playing at 144fps, so maybe some of the exploits I’m running into are tied to framerate?

2 Likes

Lol, I’m so mad it resembles this specific pokemon I’ve never seen before so much incidentally, but I can say I was inspired by another more obvious pokemon… I was actually looking at the only ninja frog I know, greninja, for inspiration, though looks nothing like one (mostly only the face). Pretty funny coincidence I’d say

1 Like

Well that was bad ass, but the change to the position of the ray casts i did (to make single blocks easier and to make it visually make more sense [on the knife and highest foot]) that won’t be possible. @HellaGunz it’s people like you (that make me look bad in the best ways) who impress me the most.

I just had the ray casts further apart than i thought and i didn’t really test if it was impossible, I just thought it would be. do you have the jitter effect that yamhead had?

Ah, sounds like a good change. I do get the jitter effect when running on the ground, I don’t really notice it outside of that.

1 Like

It’s better to look similar to a less popular Pokemon believe me I’ve seen plenty of projects taken down for idiotic reasons and Greninja just so happens to be the most popular Pokemon not to mention some parts of the fandom try to cancel anything that looks similar to their precious mons.

Maybe they can say it’s a BattleToads fangame

Well that actually might just work I’m just very good at knowing how Pokemon gens 1 to 6 look like I gave up after sun and moon the alolan forms made me give up on trying to keep remembering the other newer gen mons. well to an extent I can’t forget Alcreame

Lol, I refuse to call it a fangame of anything. I’m repulsed by the idea

I would have to agree she looks nothing like a battle toad she has more of a ninja look and last time I checked battle toads were not ninjas. To be honest this is the first female themed weight gain game I’m genuinely interested in. And I’m very picky about the games I play

1 Like

She’s not even a toad, she a tree frog. YES, there is a difference… :pensive:

And damn, as a really picky guy myself I know how hard is to satisfy my tastes and know the struggle, lol. I’m very honored you think that! We’ll try our best to make the best product possible

Yes I know that frogs and toads are very different but people still can’t seem to tell them apart I feel like frogs are the cuter version of toads because they seem more smooth than toads. As a matter of fact I even thought about having a poisonous frog as a pet one time but that would be very hard to do so I decided against it in the end

That’s because toads are a paraphyletic group of frogs. The difference is completely arbitrary. Nonexistent, even.

I was mostly joking with that frog or toad comment. We can leave that behind, heh. This is not relevant to the topic

So toads and frogs are the same thing? Toads are just a specific group of them?

I mean on toad has eggs that it puts on it’s back that eat into it’s skin and the babies jump out of the corpse… IDK why i know this.

1 Like

Well you see, A FROGGE BIÞ A SMALE BEASTE WIÞ FOURE LEGGYS–

1 Like

Dude this looks like a hoot! Where can I get it?

1 Like