[Open] Character Deletion

I’ve noticed a few other people mention this and I’ve had trouble with it too. Characters are not being deleted properly when the game is prompted too.

(Otherwise the game looks really promising and is really clean for such an early build)

Which browser are you using? I’m trying to replicate this in chrome/firefox and haven’t been able to. Also does your page refresh at all after you hit the delete button or does nothing happen?

I’m using Mozilla Firefox on a Win10 OS. There’s a very quick refresh when I attempt a deletion but no change to the page.

Mozilla Firefox here as well - and no success so far with characters deleting. No biggie, since I can still create new ones in case I need them, but there’s this nagging feeling about wasting space with 8 extra chars I am not using much.

I can’t see anything abnormal about either of your characters that would prevent you from deleting them. I’ve changed the way deletion works now so that it just disables your character from being shown on the character list and doesn’t actually delete it from the database, perhaps now it will work? This really should have been done sooner since allowing users to delete rows from the database entirely is probably bad practice but you know… alpha stages I guess? lol

Also do you guys have javascript disabled on your browser? There’s a JS prompt asking you if you want to delete before it actually goes through and if you don’t press Yes it won’t go through with the deletion, so that could be it. There’s a lot of stuff in the game that requires javascript though so I can’t see how you could have progressed that far into the game with it disabled.

Got Java working, see the prompt - and still no success in deleting chars no matter if I answer yes or no (actually OK/cancel in my case). Just tried. :slight_smile:
However, since some old chars seem to be of no importance, I’ll stop worrying about them from now on. Thanks for nice game, I really appreciate!

[quote=“tsap, post:6, topic:853”]Got Java working, see the prompt - and still no success in deleting chars no matter if I answer yes or no (actually OK/cancel in my case). Just tried. :slight_smile:
However, since some old chars seem to be of no importance, I’ll stop worrying about them from now on. Thanks for nice game, I really appreciate![/quote]
If you’d like, you could PM me the character IDs and I can delete them manually. I do want to work on fixing this bug however, I’ll see if removing the JavaScript prompt and using a different confirmation method would work.

PM sent, thanks again! :smiley: