RimRound - a Rimworld Weight Gain Mod (Beta release!)

Pretty much the same case for me, although having my colonists getting bullied by every living organism on the planet has kiiiiiind of reduced my interest in the game once again…

Anyway, I assume you’re referring to the way the sprites get cropped into a square shape at higher sizes. Think the fix was already posted either here or on Discord, but to fix that, you have to do the following:
Go to “Options” → “Mod Settings” → “Vanilla Framework Expanded” (and if you don’t see that, then that’s your missing mod.) → Make sure “Disable Texture Caching” is checked.

I have two questions/requests of sorts, I hope I don’t sound rude

Are there any plans to add the other Storytellers into their own background?

How difficult would it be to add a platform/hover bed to let immobile pawns to move around somewhat normally?

I’m curious

That fixed the issue for me. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I think this mode deserves much more praise than it already has. Great job! Had a lot of fun.

3 Likes

I have really been enjoying this mod! Just a quick question. Is there any way I can hide the covers of a pawn that is marked as a Prisoner? Or can it only be done with colonists? If not, it would be nice to have an option that sets all entities to universally appear over the bed instead of being in the covers. Either way, lovely mod.

1 Like

Have still to see if going a lot higher will make this useless too, but for the earlier stages of immobility a mod called just “Wheelchair” works really well. Don’t know if I can post Steam Workshop links

I’ve been playing with the build in the first post - noticing that some levels (neutral-, neutral+, and love) seem to be mishandled. I’m getting bonuses that seem out of sync with their intended play, with steep negatives for being underweight at all (neutral-), higher than expected goal weights for neutral+, and simultaneous negatives for love (doesn’t wanna be more than “corpulent.”
Is this well known? Is there an accurate table of goals to traits?

2 Likes

I know what you’re talking about. I intentionally had one of my pawns be Weight Preference: Fanatic thinking that would make them want to get REALLY big, but it seemed to have no effect. It’s as if the trait and their actual opinions are separate.

I do have a temporary fix, tough. If you activate “Developer Mode” in the options and then select the colonist you want to edit, there should be buttons to increase or decrease their weight preferences. This should allow you to whatever you want from making them want to be slightly fatter, skinnier or really big, etc. Hope it helps.

1 Like

I’ll play with it, that’s certainly an acceptable workaround in the meantime

First off, apologies for the late responses!

As for the pipes, everything seems to be in order (save for the valves, they wont do anything unless a pipe is on either side). The whole feeding tube system really is quite buggy and until it gets a rewrite I can’t wholly recommend using it.

Good find! After your comment I believe I was able to fix this issue. Thanks for the report.

I just added this with a recent update! The hoverchair is craftable at the machining table. It is implemented as a clothing item (much like the aforementioned wheelchair mod) so if you want to equip it on already immobile pawns you will need the “Dress Patients” mod. Also note that currently while pawns using the male body set can use the hoverchair it won’t show up graphically.

Not planned at the moment until there are more fattening events for the storyteller to cause!

Added with a recent update!

I know the names are quite deceiving as far as how pawns will react. The flavor text is a bit better at indicating it. I am definitely open to more descriptive names! Below are the values. If those aren’t showing up in game as such please let me know as that is unexpected. Do note that setting weight opinion through external mods like prepare carefully or pawn editors almost never works and must be done through the debug tools at the moment.

Lastly, thank you very much for all the kind words! It really makes my day to hear people enjoying the mod.

4 Likes

I honestly can’t even play the game without it, nowadays, it’s so good! I’ve been using Developer Mode to make utopias where my colonists can be pampered, and this mod is really able to accentuate that.

2 Likes

You hit it on the nose, I was using prepare carefully to tune my pawns. Since you know it doesn’t read 1:1, feel free to disregard my specific notes, I’m sure the set traits were just visually overriding the pawn’s actual trait.

The debug menu was a quick workaround though, and that table is an outstanding resource. Thank you!

I love this mod, as i have been floating ideas for some kind of WG system for Rimworld for a while but i lack the knowhow or time to make anything, that being said, i did think that adding some less high tech ways to increase pawn mobility would be cool for the early game / tribal pawns, and canes or walking sticks came to mind, perhaps walkers with a slightly higher cost.

Super exited to see this mod grow (hee hee) and develop into something special.

1 Like

I have no idea what is doing it. Might be a mod or maybe a Rimworld update, but a bar appeared under the Weight health status that shows the progress to the next stage. I like it, but since it appeared I also can’t see the weight in numbers anymore. Can anyone help me out here?

I like “Wheelchair” mod, it’s not too high tech. It will set the moving of the pawn to be the same as their manipulation

This is due to a change in the way the weight “class” hediff was changed recently. To fix it, in debug mode (developer options in-game), select “remove hediff,” then “Weight”, then reapply it with Add Hediff, then manually set the weight with the RimRound dev tools (add severity until it is at what it was before the hediff removal.) That should refresh the class for that save, you may need to do it once for each pawn but only once for that save.

I have been playing with the mod a few weeks now and I keep hitting a point where I have to quit. Well, technically I don’t have to; but let me explain. After I get past obese or so, the sprites stop rendering properly. I would be sincerely grateful if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction to correct this. Thanks all!

Assuming you are running into the same clipped sprite issue, go into your in-game options and go into mod settings, select Vanilla Framework Expanded, then check “Disable Texture Caching”. Hope this helps!

I think I’ll give this mod a go. Anyone have any recommended mods to go with this? Also I don’t own ether of the expansions, so any mods that need those are a no go for me.

Any mod that can increase the pawn’s mobility will be useful. But in the end it works pretty well with a lot of things.