Roundbound: Gaining for a Goddess v5.1 - Famitu update

It’s a simple fix, just make the event with the fade-in autorun instead.

1 Like

Definitely enjoyed this one! Aside from a few typos and a few problems already addressed above (black screening, early grinding, Clare getting smaller when eating at the tent), this has immense potential. The fattened character sprites are great for just being based on the normal 48px sprites rather than the usual taller character models that people usually use for games like this. The story is good so far, just dripping with potential!
Just one request, though this doesn’t have to be fulfilled if it proves too taxing or just straight up impossible: I’d like to see the eating in the tent cause a bit more gaining if they’re already chubby, maybe just a bit more than letting the girls get chubby.
There was more I wanted to bring it, but it’s like almost 4am and I’m getting smooth brain.
Oh, there is the matter of Robyn’s (or Robin? Can’t remember exactly) Dual Blade. I feel like it can be a bit overpowered, but it’s also a life saver when paired with her Ice Pellets. Do with it what you will, it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme. I do think the name Dual Blade is a bit misleading, although that’s justified by the description. Maybe change it to Multi-Slash or something similar? It’s not necessary in the slightest, just tossing out an idea.
I’m gonna stop there before I make this text wall any bigger. Again, thoroughly enjoyed this project and I cannot wait to see where it goes next! :grin:

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the feedback and playing the game! I’m making a whole bunch of changes so far and I’m getting a lot of ideas from what you guys are giving me.

For starters, I’ve fixed the bugs with the coin girl and the bunny girl- someone noted earlier it was just an easy fix where I had to autorun the next event. That was super simple and will be fixed in the next update. Another thing I’m doing is some balancing; making Shoulder Bash a bit stronger and reworking Duel Attack to make it much more balanced. Plus making early game grinding easier and fixing the types of armors the characters can wear. I have seen the feedback about eating in the tent and I’m thinking how I would rework the weight gain system- I just need to teach myself how to do it on a technical level. I’ve also started development on the next few areas which will include several new dungeons, new enemies, a new town and quests, and obviously more weight gain.

Finally I want to provide you all with a teaser for the next party member. I wont say much, but she’ll be one of my favorites :eyes:

9 Likes

Use variables for a WG system, it’s quite simple actually once you learn them. They’re on the side of the Event Screen, like if the variable ‘Weight’ = 1 then eating the food will make them chubby. Then if ‘Weight’ = 2 eating food will make them fatter and so-on.

2 Likes

hi im just play you game and im gotta say im really enjoy it look foward to the next update :))

1 Like

Hey, just finished playing the game. Definitely liked it! My recommendation that hasn’t been said yet on here is that you should add some more music/ambiance and sound effects. It feels a little eerie when you walk to another area and it has no sound. Also ya gotta add burp sound effects when you write it or it just doesn’t work in a weight gain rpg. Keep doing the good work though!

1 Like

You made a good game, it was a lot of fun!
A second the idea of a burp sound and wish a I could send Robin to the eating contest with or without her friend
And a really liked the personalities of Aria and the bunny girl

3 Likes

Update 0.2 out!

Special thanks to the fellas that helped make custom sprites, tested the 0.2 update and gave their feedback before release :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ohey, nice to see this game again! :smiley:

I do think I found a glitch though, I defeated the bandits by the lake but the lady who gave me the quest didn’t detect that I fought them off. Also I don’t think the new girl gains weight with the rest of the party. :thinking:

1 Like

oh shit is it still happening? There was a bug with that earlier I had to fix during testing so lmk if it doesnt work

She’s not meant to gain weight until near the end of the update.

2 Likes

Just finished the new update and wow that was amazing! I really enjoyed the new content and all the humor put into this.
I didn’t encounter any bugs or glitches (that I’m aware of). However I did encounter this:

The Sign right before Aloewood seems to have East and West mixed up.

I believe it should be West: Aloewood | East: The capital, Stonewell

Other than that this was an amazing update, can’t wait for the next one.

3 Likes

Having trouble with finding the Sword Key and the password to the cave. I know about the hint, the code I think is right isn’t working, though. I feel like what I’m wrong about is right under my nose.

2 Likes

Damn I thought I fixed that, I’ll make sure it’s fixed by the next update! Good catch!

2 Likes

I figured that might have been the case, but I wanted to bring it up just in case :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m running in to an issue. If I try and open the menu after the eating contest the game freezes and throws up the error message “Failed to load: img/faces/Clare%202.png”. Anyone else getting that one?

1 Like

Yeah I’m having that happen too

1 Like

Replying just in hopes there’s a reply about the cave password

I think that bug has to do with clare using a fattened portrait when she gained weight, in the new update it looks like that was removed. So I’m guessing that the dev just forgot to swap out clare’s portrait to her default instead after the event. I also got that error or something similar when I was loading my old save from the last update with clare at her max weight with the updated portrait and the load gave me the same error.

I made a handful of changes from the first update, and one of them was changing the portraits- hence why I mentioned to start a new game.