Royal Banquet: A quick princess themed, stuffing romp. UPDATE v1.4: Divine Dining Edition

I used both autoclicker and autokey to LITERALLY clear the entire table after many tries (except for the fake pie). Disappointed there was no secret ending.

Other ending ideas:

• Eat a cupcake from the cupboard before the feast (this might backfire if you eat more than 10 plates)
  • While the timer is ticking, return to the kitchen (perhaps to be forcefed while the queen is distracted)
7 Likes

You cleared the table, and all the guests as well it appears…

1 Like

It could really have a secret ending to when the table is cleared, maybe a reward image at the end of the game of the princess and her huge belly

1 Like

Come back to give a general report and uh…did not expect speedrunning to happen already.

Honestly, I give you props for actually somehow clearing the entire table. I’ll have to come up with something if you manage to actually complete that in future builds.
I’ll also have to fix the fake pie, it’s not supposed to be a fake pie. And figure out how to fix the thing where the guests disappear if you somehow clear the entire table.

Seriously, good job.

As for general updates:

Bad ends are much easier to code than I initially thought, so there’ll definitely be more than 1 in the next 1.2 update, which I plan on having a release in early May. The real struggle I’ve been having as of late is mostly spritework. Paired with my actual job, a couple real-life general medical appointments and family get-togethers, things have been pretty slow. But I will say that I’m about 85% done as of the time of writing. Expect more princess shenanigans, about 3 or more new areas to explore with an expanded gut, bad ends like stated above, and incredibly mild lore bits if you’re into that sort of thing! I will add a general disclaimer: it’s not going to be a massive update that transcends the realms when it comes to content. I’m still relatively new to RPGMaking, so when it comes to additional content, there’ll probably only be about…15 to 20 minutes of extra stuff. After 1.2 releases, I’ll focus on Royal Banquet 2.0 which I hope to surpass even this update.

Also, we’re about to reach the a threshold of 3’000 downloads for the original Royal Banquet release! I can’t thank you enough for that amount of downloads - it’s actually insane on how many people have played this silly little experiment of mine! I wish I could provide some sort of extra additional thank you, but I’m pretty low on ideas, haha…

Thank you guys for being so, so patient!

9 Likes

Unfortunately, one of the skills I severely lack is artistic talent. If I were to add actual images like that you’d see on Deviantart, I’d have to commission someone to do it for me. It’s definitely crossed my mind, though…

5 Likes

You might get lucky like me! I say just make your game as best as you can, you might get some offers for artists looking to improve the project.

3 Likes

Even if no one offers, I feel like this game is already doing plenty off the strength of its prose and presentation already.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve played quite a few RPG Maker games that just use default edited sprites but they work thanks to the writing and presentation.

1 Like

Thank you guys for your super kind words.
As of right now I am like, almost two hours away from release of Royal Banquet v1.2
With some last minute testing and extra addedums at hand, I want to make sure it’s all perfect before I package it for the masses.

my back feels like paper mache

6 Likes

The newest update is FINALLY out!

11 Likes

Looking good so far! The slime ending was fun!

Only a couple of misplaced lines encountered so far, as they appear to be post-banquet:

5 Likes

what is the bad ending
i only find slime overstuffed und stuffed

1 Like

You should swing by the kitchens once you’re done eating, to pay your respects!

I quite liked the Bad Ending as it reinforces the fact that the princess is still pretty gluttonous in failing to resist her “royal treatment” :3

Definitely hits a switch of mine - when she’s stuffed silly and yet the scent of another enticing morsel gets her stomach growling anew, helpless to resist her lips parting to receive the next bite…

2 Likes

Really like the update. Like in the first version, all the little things with their changing description are just satisfing to read. Also, one question: Are there currently more than four endings in here?
And I’m curious what you have planned for the bowl/letter scenario :wink:

1 Like

Just played through the game and had a lot of fun with it. Was going to ask where the secret ending was, then I realized:

I managed to download and play V.1, not 1.2.

Whoops. Well, now to download the current version and give it a go. Love what I’ve seen so far. Great job!

2 Likes

Thank you for playing and pointing out the small bugs! I’ll get those fixed right away!
I’m particularly happy that you enjoyed the Maid Bad End, it was plenty fun to write! :]
Anything else in particular you enjoyed?

1 Like

That question brings me to another sort of update/explanation for what I have planned for the future of Royal Banquet.

In it’s whole, I want to make Royal Banquet a sort of a choose your own adventure game, with lots of
interactivity. The way I see it, I want to explore different pathways or routes that the Princess can take, resulting in various different expansions.

I’ve created a rough gameplan explaining it all here:

I’m not exactly the best artist, but this should give you a rough idea of where you can go and what endings and paths you can take in future versions. As of right now, you cannot access the wine cellar, camp, or the courtyard, but in 2.0 I’ll have opened the entire castle up. For what paths can be accessed, is something I have yet to decide.

This map isn’t even a full idea of what other areas and paths I want to include. By the throne room, I want to add a potion room, or perhaps the bedroom of the queen or a potential bodyguard or runaway sister to the Princess. Maybe right by the courtyard there’s a stable filled with different animals, magical and farmlike. I’m brimming with creativity, and I want to spend it all on this game. Weird, maybe, but it’s pretty fun to do otherwise.

Along the way, I also want to add potential puzzles, battles, and other minigames to the mix. That’ll be a matter of learning how to program these said gameplay additions, and hopefully they’ll turn out to be enjoyable enough.

13 Likes

Definitely looks exciting.

If I may ask, could I get a hint on how to get the bad end? I went and spoke with the chef after the banquet, but I only got some dialogue, and still ended with the “Overstuffed” end.

3 Likes

The expression sprites were flawless and I enjoyed how all the princess’s commentary changed based on her size - some fantastic attention to detail to fluff out the experience. The occasional hint of her slight gluttonous leanings were the cherry on the cake.

(Plus my favourite glitch of talking to the chicken guard mid-chase, causing the chicken to outpace and start chasing the guard never fails to amuse)

3 Likes

The bad maid ending is not on the Overstuffed path.

3 Likes