Runic Girth Alpha Build (.0001).vr5 is LIVE Wave 2 Characters

Hey man, I can help figuring out how to make 3D characters gain weight, I’m a professional Character Artist. Send me a DM if you have the time! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

hey, it’s been quite some time and I feel I have enough to show what I have.

Background/Code

As it is right now. I have most of the code working with a few issues here and there. Setting up the ability to give gifts to characters is proving to be giving me some problems but I think I am work through it.

the stuff that I need to do is not much but at the same time it’s going to still be a little bit.
A list of the stuff for a demo is:

• setting up the save system (only one save for now

• fidelity stuff (sounds, animation linking)

I still have artwork to do on the characters weight but I’m getting use to the rendering style I was attempting to emulate. Once the art of stages weight gain going from normal to SSBBW.

Artwork

Player

Rodesk

Tabitha

Amalia

Sorry about the radio silence for so long on this I was recently stuck dealing with a bad job that left me unpaid so I’m still recovering from that. I will still be working for a demo release soon, once the demo is out I will then work on future updates until the game is at a favorable position.

16 Likes

Sorry to hear about that job, that was definitely the priority to deal with. And the arts looking really good, here’s hoping life doesn’t get in the way again for you!

2 Likes

thank you it’s been rough but I’ll keep on trucking.

3 Likes

Update to how things are going in the OP. TLDR: I accidently discovered that I am 90% done with getting an alpha together all that is left is making a rough sketches for the character weights (I think 10 for each no emotion changes for now). Then getting the title screen done I will have an Alpha build ready.

9 Likes

Sounds really exciting! I have been waiting for a good 3d game for a while.

1 Like

The op is changed fyi might just be on your browser end that it’s not displayed correctly.

Now that it’s out in the air, aside from minor fixes I will be spending this week relaxing I’ve been grinding this game out none stop so I would like to step back from it and work on other things as well as get other aspects of my life in order. this week is going to be the last week I can do this full time so I have to start looking for income soon if this doesn’t pan out.

ah thank you I just saw it do my internet I tell ya.

1 Like

I think the itch.io link goes to the Patreon instead? Unless I’m missing something.

2 Likes

Also 2 things

1. models are scheduled to change you will notice that the player character and the other NPCs look slightly different. thats because I remade the base model and will rework the old characters to work with the new one the anatomy of the newer models I feel works better hers a preview.
    Walk cyclePreview
  2. this game dose have controller support and I recommend that you use a controller for playing the game

lastly I just remembered this there is no strafing so it’s going to be kind of difficult to get precision farming done for now, I’m sorry but I will get that worked out in a future build :disappointed:

3 Likes

well I’m just eating the whole Ostrich egg aren’t I I fixed it thank you

1 Like

Nevermind the controls do “work” if you hit the correct input like 100 times…

There are some issues with the controlls right now that make playing nearly impossible.

• In the main menu: Buttons will need to be spamm-clicked, or the input will not register. This makes selecting anything a chore and effectivly only allows New Game. Confirming a button is the same.
  • In the Game: Camera-Speed is too high, both with mouse and controller. The slightes movement will spin the camera several full circles.
  • Button Prompts still do not always respond. Also, there is no highlighting on successful press, so you do not even know if your input went through.

Other issues:

• Walking at less than max speed (controller stick not fully tilted) breaks movement animation
  • All characters start out stuffed, I think? At least their sprites are thin while their models have belly

I couldn’t really test anything else as moving like this gives me a headache, sorry.

It does look really promising though.

1 Like

I was able to so something with my PS4 controller but in order to navigate the menus I had to press and hold the analog button if I wanted to even choose the tools or change the beetwen menus.
I was able to plant some seeds and water them, but I can’t seem to be able to sleep or save, and by the time I run out of hp, the game freezed on a black screen if I had planted seeds. Overall the game shows a lot of promise and I can´t wait how it evolves in future updates :smiley:

1 Like

PS4 controller but in order to navigate the menus I had to press and hold the analog button if I wanted to even choose the tools or change the beetwen menus

but I can’t seem to be able to sleep or save, and by the time I run out of hp, the game freezed on a black screen if I had planted seeds

thank you for telling me about this stuff. The sleep issue seemed to come from some old holdover code that I forgot to take out at the start of development I have taken that out and made changes based on your input, I’m going to check the save system again but the other problems I believe have been handled. Sorry about that

sorry about that making an options menu to allow for custom adjusting of the games settings is next on my list of things to do but as it is now I was running out of time.

I managed to fix the other issues let me know if any more come up.

man, life’s just not fair. I manage to fix the save problem but now another problem arises because the game has a save file it looks at but for some reason hitting continue will load the game but it won’t close the menu and the stuff that the game needs to load just don’t this is going to take some work to fix sorry about this.

This is indeed a rough build, but I can definitely see the potential the art looks great and the 3D sprites look fantastic!

1 Like

I don’t know if it is just me but it seems that the shop stops working for me after awhile, And not just the days that it is scheduled to be closed, I mean it will not let me open up the shop menu at all. At least that is how it seems to be

Edit: Can confirm that I am just unable to access the shop after a certain point.

It seems that the store closing on Wednesday is what causes it, may just be the game code reading the script incorrectly and closing the store permanently instead of temporality. Again, don’t know if anyone else is experiencing this but I thought I would point it out just in case

I do find the gam enjoyable and am looking forward to what you have in store when then game becomes more fleshed out.