Savoring Sword - Android version now available! 🍄

Explore procedurally generated dungeons, fight monster girls, interact with your surroundings, and gain weight!

The Savoring Sword has been gifted to you by a mysterious woman! It feasts on the energy of everything it dominates! However, it stores it’s energy in you as body fat…

CONTAINS:

• Three girls who gain weight.
  • Procedurally generated dungeons.
  • 30 monster girls.
  • Tons of traps and interactables.
  • A shop.
  • A minigame.
  • Over 10 Outfits.
  • Modifiers, enhancements, achievements, and more.

Now available on Itch and Steam! And if you enjoy it, please consider becoming a Weight Gain Lover or Still Hungry patron!

Becoming a Patron means the world to me because it allows me to keep making weight gaining games!

You can also check out my other games on Itch and Steam!

~Remember to keep the girls well fed!~ :candy:

56 Likes

Looks interesting, is this game going to be similar to Marathon or the old Doom games?

Oh this looks amazing. I will be following development on this SO closely! Love your games so I have no doubt this one will be just as entertaining!

Hi @Bioshock_God great to hear from you again! To answer your question: in a sense. There are no guns or free movement, attacking uses a sword and movement is on a grid, plus everything is procedurally generated so the game is endless. Its like a spooky version of Moero Chronicles with weight gaining

@Fluttery_Hamburger Thanks for taking interest in my journey :slightly_smiling_face: I am super excited for this game and I plan on doing as much as I can with it!

I dunno why but this reminds me of TES: Daggerfall, just with weight gain elements lol

Oh hey aren’t you the one who made Feast Manor?

@Morte_Nera It will be a bit like Daggerfall! Only (as stated to @Bioshock_God ) its grid based movement instead of free movement

@Gluttonyan I am :relaxed: thanks for noticing

1 Like

it be kinda funny if the more weight you gain the more hp you get but then that would ruin the tough fights lol

2 Likes

@titanxkillerxhunter Not a bad idea! Right now, the energy that the Savoring Sword absorbs is stored in Starla as body fat, so the more weight she gains (the more energy the sword has) the more attack she does. But I’ll playtest it with your idea and see how well it works! Thanks!

1 Like

it wouldn’t be an bad idea if there an endless mode

1 Like

@titanxkillerxhunter The game is already endless, the dungeons are procedurally generated so its different every time

1 Like

First time really posting on something like this but I would love to maybe see something like a first person view of the weight gain, like the fatter she is the more of her is visible at the bottom of the screen (Breasts, belly and maybe even cheeks and double chin too?)
It could lead into some interesting trade-off where you could have higher attack or power, but in turn have reduced speed, visibility to see traps on the floors.

1 Like

@Lost-Gambit Thanks for the idea! I will probably add her belly popping out at the bottom when she gets fat enough, but speed and visibility could be a nice touch! I will have to playtest a bit and see if that would work well!

1 Like

Mhmm! It’s just a neat idea I thought would be nice since I have seen other games or ideas that have a similar basis as a dungeon with traps and the like, but they never fully used the fact that at higher stages of weight gain, you’d not see where you feet step on or avoid certain traps where being so wide would make it much harder or impossible to not bloat up even a little.
Though I know that would take more sprite work and programming which could be more stress and the like (which I’d hate to put on anyone)

1 Like

Using her weight as an advantage or disadvantage with traps or scenarios could add a fun element to the game! Id have to mess around and see what works and what doesnt. There have been many times during game development where I try something new and it works really well! (Though sometimes it doesnt.) So, I would have to try it out first and go from there! Thanks for the ideas! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Looks pretty good here my discord username if needed SwizSmith#2108

2 Likes

Try out the Savoring Sword Beta on Itch!

You will get a taste of what the dungeon crawling experience is like! You will be able to explore procedurally generated dungeons, fight monster girls, interact with your surroundings, and gain weight!

If you enjoyed the Beta, please consider becoming a Weight Gain Lover or Still Hungry Patron to get access to the Savoring Sword Alpha!

It has more monster girls and traps, more weight gaining stages, another girl who also gains weight, a shop, a refined dungeon experience, and more!

Becoming a Patron means the world to me because it allows me to keep making weight gaining games!

(More info if you scroll to the top🔝)

~Remember to keep the girls well fed!~ :candy:

12 Likes

Heyhey! Absolutely love the looks of this, I’ll most likely end up playing it tomorrow:) however your usage of the words “beta” and “alpha” are backwards.

Alpha is the second stage of development after indev(short for in development, before the game is even functional) and beta is the third. That means you want you pay your Patreon to access the beta, not the alpha.

And once you’re finished developing beta and are ready to release a fully completed game, it no longer hosts any such title- it’s simply “release 1.X.X” (the first X represents how many updates have been released, the second X represents how many times that update has been updated while retaining virtually the same content.)

1 Like