SFRPG - EXPANDED - Custom Sprites

Bored of those random NPCs you see walking about? BAM! Here’s some slightly different augments for them. The purp one is just a placeholder, though it seems to be extremely rare. I’ll get the third sheet done eventually… Maybe…
NPC_chars1NPC_chars2

7 Likes

Not even finished the game once and I’m already planning to do some sprite work, I had the idea to switch the default player sprite to a “wolf” kinda deal, and then the actual werewolf to something like the alpha, did -some- effort into it but I did want to get some feedback
Needless to say I am not very artistically inclined :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

It’s already looking adorable starting off, but may I suggest using the light blue for the tip of the snout, and having the outline of it be shaded rather than be a solid border? The back tail and ears are perfect as-is, but I’m not so certain when it comes to the side tail. That’s always tricky to figure out. Oh, and choosing inverted shading was a good call, given the border. Gives it a magical feel.

2 Likes

Oh so something like a lil off blue nose?, that’s a nice idea
I wasn’t so sure about the side tail either, one idea was to paste several gradual chunks of the -actual werewolf tail as it went
The other idea was as you went through the levels you’d get more wolf like, level 0 just has tiny ears, while level 8 (soon:tm:) is gonna be the actual werewolf sprite

2 Likes

So I’ve been spriting my self-insert… only have the first page worth of weights, but I thought maybe people would like to see

Never touched pixel art before, so please lemme know if anything looks really wrong ^^’

SPTS_1_2_1

13 Likes

SPTS_1_2_3
Starting work on a spritesheet of my own. You may recognize them from other places…

Before I continue with this, though, I’d like to have @Chubberdy 's permission to post these publicly! If you’re not comfortable with it, just let me know and I’ll take the attachment down.

13 Likes

Sprite away! These are looking great so far.

2 Likes

likely will not finish this soon, buuuut…

ever wanted to be a gator? well GUESS WHAT
very simple resprite that turns werewolf form into a gator! found some (seemingly unused atm) files left within the data which perfectly covered the space used by werewolf form, so i made a custom second stage based off of the existing werewolf form, a lazy custom fifth stage, recolored the main sprites to be a nice black and green, and left it at that.

if there’s a gator transformation added to the game any time soon (or if it’s already in the game), i will play it instantly

installation:

1. back up graphics folder
  2. insert files contained within zip in graphics folder and overwrite
  3. play

Gatormod.zip (314.7 KB)

8 Likes

I decided to try editing the base sprites and Aseprite has been super useful. I wanted to add ears and rather than go and manually add extra pixels, I imported it as a sprite sheet, upped the canvas size, edited it on the timeline, then exported it right back out. I’m happy with how it turned out.
SPTS_1_1_1

9 Likes

Nice job. I like the boggle eyes on the smallest “goop pile” size.

2 Likes

Thanks! Now I’m working on the bigger sizes. Trying to figure out if I wanna put in the effort to convert the base to something that’ll make it easier for if I wanna do more custom characters, or just say hell with it and do the sloppy and direct way. Like, breaking up the bodies into fore and hind sections would make stuff like this easier.

1 Like

Love the style, for first time with pizel art this is amazing! I hope you continue with the other stages. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

So I had an idea that instead of being just some weird spirit, why not just a female chocolate bunny? And because I’m a bit of a masochist, I kept the small breast size as the normal, and upped everything by one size.

Only finished with the first 8 “stages” so far, but I think I’ve been making some pretty good progress. Let me know what you think.

Imgur Gallery link cause I’m new and can’t post them all together, ha

https://imgur.com/a/wyG6frK

8 Likes

It’s looking good, the chest bulging out of the cup on the last stage is a nice touch!

2 Likes

Hold tight, I’m whipping up a set that does just this.

1 Like

I am a babby man no longer, so to celebrate I had finished the edits for “stages” 9-12, at all sizes

Started going for a torn midsection kinda look on the end there, which will get progressively worse in tearing as the sizes continue

Well, anyway, here’s hoping I can get the next ones done in a similar fashion.

16 Likes

Looking forward to seeing it!

2 Likes

I’ve been looking for this for a while and I have to say that I, too, am rather ecstatic for the result of your efforts!

1 Like

DONE

procrastinated on it a lot but wanted to tick these off my list… hope someone can enjoy them <3

SPTS_1_2_1
SPTS_1_3_1

24 Likes

Eyy nice, thank you so much these look amazing. Always found the lack of nipples in the game to be kinda disappointing imo

1 Like