Sims 4 weight gain & more mod, Gone Viral 0.3

With Gone Viral you can start an outbreak in the actions category when you click on your active sim, they will gain a patient zero buff which has reduced effects from the regular virus and lasts for a shorter amount of time. to spread the virus and gain the virus buff you’ll need patient zero to get close to another sim to infect them. in the actions category you can also vaccinate a sim for specific types of viruses which will remove the virus buff and grand immunity from that type of virus unless the trait is removed

Weight Gain Viruses
These viruses put sims in a blissful state, make them need to eat more to get full, make them lazier, and they constantly gain weight

Chubvirus (only effects males young adult- elder)
Curvitis (only effects females young adult-elder)
Grovirus (effects all sims young adult-elder)

Muscle Growth Viruses
These viruses make sims forget their insecurities leading to over confidence and reduced embarrassment, they also are more active and gain their fitness skill faster, and they constantly gain muscle mass

P3C7-0R41 (only effects males young adult-elder)
Swole Fever (effects all sims young adult-elder)
Omega-9 (only effects females young adult-elder)

Gluttony Viruses
In Development, the one that is in the current version of the mod is going to change. it makes food fill the hunger bar less, and they will autonomously eat far more

You can download the mod on mega and no where else

XML injector is recommended
https://scumbumbomods.com/xml-injector

this mod is a remake of the gain virus by The Sim Fattener which can be downloaded here

Most Recent Update
Fixes
-Fully Vaccinated train now stops a sim from getting Omega-9

Changes
-Several buff descriptions changed

Added
-ability to give active sim an immune booster which will remove all viruses and prevent all viruses for 3 in game days
-prototype gluttony virus

Planned features

• Functional cure all cheat
  • Patient zero trait functionality
  • Move interactions from actions to computer
  • Make treatments cost money
  • Virology career and aspiration
  • Virus specific interactions
  • Flirty Viruses
7 Likes

already a poll

what emotional buff should the weight gain viruses give?

• Happy
  • Sad
  • Angry
  • Scared
  • Confident
  • Flirty
  • Energized
  • Dazed
  • Bored
  • Embarrassed
  • Fine
  • Focused
  • Inspired
  • Playful
  • Uncomfortable
  • Tense

0 voters

a second poll

What mood buff should the muscle growth viruses give?

• Angry
  • Bored
  • Confident
  • Dazed
  • Embarrassed
  • Energized
  • Fine
  • Flirty
  • Focused
  • Happy
  • Inspired
  • Playful
  • Uncomfortable
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Tense

0 voters

and finally what buff should the gluttony viruses give

• Angry
  • Bored
  • Confident
  • Dazed
  • Embarrassed
  • Energized
  • Fine
  • Flirty
  • Focused
  • Happy
  • Inspired
  • Playful
  • Uncomfortable
  • Sad
  • Scared
  • Tense

0 voters

1 Like

I think this should depend on the sim’s personality although I’m not sure how it would be implemented. Someone like an active sim should feel uncomfortable, tense or sad. A Lazy sim should feel Happy. These are a few examples though

Gluttony could also depend on certain sims too.

I can technically set this based on traits but the more traits I include the more likely it is that a sim gets multiple buffs which would cause problems. as for gluttony I think I’ve already decided on Dazed because I want it to be more of a trance like thing

1 Like

Would you know how to modify the pregnancy stage buff to replace it for a stuffed buff when overeating? That way it’s temporary like a 1 hour buff for stuffed and a 2 hour buff for overstuffed that then transitions to stuffed when it expires? Also stuffed could use pregnancy stage 1 and overstuffed pregnancy stage 2. This is so the sim gets a big belly when eating a lot. Just not sure if that’s possible.

someone else has already done that, the mod is in mod sharing in the sims weight gain community discord

version 0.2 is now fully out : D

next update is going to add the gluttony viruses, weight gain virus lore, more treatment options, and the cure all cheat if I can get it working

This is perfect! I can see my mad scientist vampire with a taste for high cholesterol, testing this on his subject without being infected himself.

0.3.1 will have the rest of the gluttony viruses. feedback on the prototype will be greatly appreciated

Can you (or do you plan on) making it so you can trigger Patient 0 on another Sim other than your own?
I played with a similar mod in Sims 3, and it was a fun scenario to see how long it took for my own Sim to get infected.

I want to add a way to give patient 0 to a random sim but in sims 4 you can only add buffs to sims loaded on the lot. allowing you to do interactions on other sims is probably coming with the virology career.

1 Like

That was one of the reasons I always liked Sims 3 over 4. I just wish Sims 3 ran better. Even on modern hardware it doesn’t run well because it was all single-threaded.

1 Like