Slippery Slope 0.1.7 - WIP Quest Game

The time skip is the end of current content. The period after in your house is intended to be a mini epilogue to the episode where you get to see the results of the time skip and your choices previously before starting the next episode.

Also, I intended for Megan’s gift to only be given to her during the party. Doesn’t really break anything but I’ll have it fixed.

Thanks for the answer - I thought that when I originally ‘finished’ but then I’ve seen comments about 5/10 pound gain but my character is still 130 despite picking all the ‘greedy’ choices :sweat_smile:

Maybe it’s a design flaw on my part, but some of the “greedy” choices in game don’t lead to weight gain directly, rather an increase in the more hidden “gluttony” stat. This will most definitely enable more weight gain later on but not during this episode.

I did test the choices required for the max weight gain and it worked on my end, so hopefully there’s isn’t something that’s breaking it that I missed.

2 Likes

Honestly, assuming that this continues to be updated, I think this makes for a more enjoyable experience. It makes the game more dynamic and feel more real to life, even if it isn’t immediately gratifying.

I am really confused. I played till the end of the first episode like 10 times now. I never met someone called Samantha and the phone always said I can’t call with my relatives around no matter when I use it. I almost feel like I am playing a wrong version :joy:

At some point you should have put away the leftovers which is when you’re able to call her on the phone

I am sorry but after putting away the leftovers I get teleport into the bathroom so I can shower. But there is always the same massage. I really tried everything.

Well if you’re in the bathroom you’re definitely past the point where you’re supposed to call. Does putting the leftovers away immediately teleport you to the bathroom?

Edit: Nevermind, while writing further explanation I found and fixed a bug. Just to confirm though, did you Give Megan her birthday present? If this is not the case, then I’m pretty sure I fixed it.

@tkroyal197 I’ve had the same issue as @Hixkeks.
I have also never encountered a birthday present either.

Alright, I quite literally uploaded a fix a couple seconds ago. The birthday present is also something you have to actually find.

1 Like

Okay I finally did it. I didn’t realize that the time you have to search for the present was so specific.

It’s your game so you should decide what to add and what not but if I were in your place I would add a trigger when you put away the leftovers, if you haven’t given Megan her present yet, Iike your mom asking: “Have you given Megan her present yet?”

I think that would help a lot of people :wink:

I’ve been considering it and there is a less obvious one included already, today I’ve just been working on setting up the map for university.

1 Like

“Minor” (?) update; I finished most of the important parts of the university map and added it and a way to teleport to it from both the start of the game or after you finish episode 1. There’s no content yet as it ended up being a little complicated and took some time to make, but you can explore and try to break it as you please.

I say important parts because some of the map areas are there mostly to create a complete, cohesive map rather than to be areas for more future content. For instance there are three residential halls but currently, I don’t have plans to populate two of them since Sylvia, and probably most of the relevant people, don’t live there. I have some vague plans for an off campus area, but I’m still working out if I want it to be a large area or just limited to the relevant locations, namely fraternity/sorority houses.

Edit: It’s also not final, there’s a couple areas I might rearrange, soft lock or add on when I actually have the story in place but the general explorable area is in place.

10 Likes

you can soft lock area’s you don’t plan on using and make them for special occasions like parties or such so you don’t have to make separate maps

what exactly do you mean? I have a couple ideas and plans but I’m curious

is there a way to speed up the fam leavin lol its like gotta go around the house 3 times for them to leave and will we be able to eat the left overs and cake :slight_smile:

The family will leave once you’ve done everything you can to progress the story. Otherwise, they’ll leave automatically after a set number of turns, currently 50. I wasn’t sure how long of a time period I should give players to figure out how to do everything.

Basically, unless something is broken, the family should leave after 50 turns or after you figure out how to get 2 more slices of cake. I’ll probably either reduce that number or add a way to “give up”.

As for the leftovers, I originally had plans for them but I ended up deciding they didn’t make sense for that purpose, so now they’re kinda just there as a vessel to continue the story. The cake depends on your actions during the party.

sounds like fun :slight_smile: i think you answered my question in a waay i get lol and if you need anyone to bounce ideas off of you can message me :slight_smile:

i didnt know this can happen :open_mouth:

cant you make it a mid night snack for 1 or both sisters

HOW?!? lol

I could, I’ll have to give it some thought. I already sat here for about 10 minutes before realizing I should reply and give it more thought after.

So how leftovers usually work in my family is whoever is visiting typically only takes some if there’s enough leftover where it doesn’t feel like they’re taking a significant amount from the host. I tried to recreate that here (for simplicity’s sake the assumption is that there are leftovers of the main course to keep regardless) but with the cake, if Sylvia eats enough of it herself, the family doesn’t feel like there’s enough cake left for them to take so during the time skip, Sylvia will eat it. Additionally, since there are two opportunities for Sylvia to eat another slice of cake, there are two variations on the outcome during the time skip.

1 Like

I’ve tried every combination of moves I can think of, but I’ve never been able to eat a second slice of cake. I would be curious how it is done.

1 Like