SoftFoxxo's Softie Stuffers (OUT NOW - v1.0.4)

It’s for May 17th, my bad! Fixed.

2 Likes

I was like “damn, I living in a different timeline”

2 Likes

The game is now available (well, in 10 minutes if you’re up this late)!
Check it out either with the embed in the first post, or via here: SoftFoxxo's Softie Stuffers by SoftFoxxo

5 Likes

Am I the only one having trouble buying this game? I keep selecting pay with card, but it never lets me buy the game. It just takes me to a screen saying you are paying $5.00 to play Softie Stuffers.

1 Like

I’m not sure what’s going on there, you’ll need to talk to Itch support about that. You need an Itch account, if you aren’t already using one. I’m sorry about the trouble!

1 Like

Also, as an aside, until I say so, slots for YCHs are still open!

1 Like

I played through the whole game, and I have some thoughts

Basic gameplay loop is super fun, reminds me a lot of the original Mario game, which is certainly the intention, and it kept me engaged throughout. Reminds me of old NES games where I’ll yell and be mad then play the game for another hour.

Sound design is really solid too, a rarity for WG projects.

Art is very cute, and the animations are too. Especially the transition cutscenes, which were adorable.

On that topic though… my one complaint. There honestly isn’t enough art put in to justify the price tag, in my opinion. I fully respect that indie games, especially for what’s essentially a solo dev in an insanely niche market, is time and sometimes money intensive. I also respect that it’s a great thing to monetize it! I want to give you money for making cool stuff like this. But I feel that slightly more elaborate cutscenes, or more weight stages for feedees, or weight progression throughout, even just having the dragons in the bonus games gain weight, some art thing to make it more elaborate and fitting, would have made it feel a lot more worth my money.

Regardless of that fact, I’m considering putting in for a YCH, since I love the art and the game, and absolutely would do so if the game ever gets a content/art update in the future. Keep making great games!

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, tbh! I haven’t gotten much so far. .w."

I may work on adding more or updating the art over time, since I do plan on updates to add in YCHs. I can probably add the weight gain for Azalea and Sophie, seeing as I only held back on that to keep the game in-scope for the first release; it was something I did want to do to begin with, but I ran out of time. If I add or change something big like that, I’ll be sure to point it out in that update’s Devlog! (edit: added!)

Adding in more weight stages for feedees, however, ended up slowing the game’s pace too much and added some frustration when I was testing - so it was scrapped outright very early on. I did want to do it, but I found it just wasn’t as fun to play with, sadly.

3 Likes

Version 1.0.2 is up! Adds another playable character, another feedee, and adds stages of weight gain for Azalea and Sophie during the Bonus Stages. Also squashes a minor audio bug. Feel free to check it out!

1 Like

Version 1.0.3 is up! Fixes a bug relating to characters that should’ve been in the vore minigame not showing up, and attempts a fix to the rare event of you throwing food and it just completely whiffing. Let me know if it still happens, but I couldn’t replicate it anymore after my fix.

1 Like

SoftFoxxo’s Softie Stuffers has been out for a month! In celebration, the game will be 20% off until the end of Sunday (6/18/23) if you use the link below. Thank you all so much for the support so far!

2 Likes

It’s Octummber, and that means… Well, I don’t have an update, but I do have a sale for those who didn’t get a chance to pick up the game! It’s 50% off for the whole month!

2 Likes