Some Bullshit - Stuffing Focused RPG Maker Game

The blue hut in the docks will let you travel back.

And to everybody who commented above, thank you. I’ll keep working on the game until I complete the story at least. Sequels or other games I’ll think about after this is all done.

5 Likes

hey something wrong, I am stuck on this scene. Am I doing something wrong?

@Nerds Is it possible to finish the Goblin Goblet quest yet? I can’t play the bar minigame on Nordhaven as the NPC says the boss is travelling. Also, I reported to the mob boss after the Mochi eating scene but the quest objective of reporting back is still unchecked. Because of that, the grand vizier quest is also incomplete. Last thing, is the Liliacor quest completable?

Those quests are incomplete as of now. When I do have content for them, I wanted to make sure there was a quest chain leading back to them. When they are complete I will post about it here.

Maria house, apologies I dont know what happened there. Does that happen everytime the cutscene plays? Does it still happen if you hold down enter through the scene?

no I hold enter to skip. it stop. when I take my time. it stop… I blame the cheat hack I found maybe that what cause it

This game just gets better and better with each update I am loving the 4th wall jokes also the characters are funny and got some heart in fact I am starting to love how they work off each other with each update, the story is light but it still keeps me wanting more, next the mini games are good but there need to be more check points so that when I fail it I do not have to started from the beginning over and over again and last add more side quests it would help liven up the town more.

1 Like

So, yesterday I had a plethora of free time due to the net being down, so I sat down and played the fuck out of this, just to get to the latest parts.

Found a bit of a looping bug

After the entire demon infested island, and coming back, when doing the recipe quest it gets stuck in a loop of the group talking about splitting up over and over again when I got into the archives

Also, I really love the bit of Clara’s backstory we learned

Once again, domineering women with glaring weaknesses such as her are like honey to me.

1 Like

Is this game constantly freezing for anyone else? I can press the keys and hear the sounds in the background but the visuals completely freeze up. This happened with another RPGMaker game, too. I hope it’s not my PC.

Edit: I think I found my solution. I guess RPGMaker does not like running at 144 FPS. I switched my options to run the game at a 60 FPS limit and it hasn’t froze yet. Also running it as administrator might have helped, too.

Unfortunately RPG Maker MV is a bit of a bloated, resource-intensive mess compared to older versions. It happens sometimes, although usually it’s in more plugin-heavy games that it becomes an issue. Even on a fairly modern gaming rig I’ve had it happen, although not specifically with this game. Hopefully RPG MZ will have tightened things up a bit under the hood, but if history’s any indication it’ll probably just be more bloated than before, and I have no idea how much work it’d be to port existing projects over to it anyways.

Ah shoot, that sucks, I am sorry. Do you have the latest version? That was a bug with an early release, but I have since fixed that. I would need to know exactly where you are getting the loop. Do you control Emmie at all? Does it just constantly replay the cutscene?

I think I ran into that bug too. I had save data from v.82. clean save data might fix it, I haven’t checked.

The bug occurs when you return to the island for the quest to get the recipe from the archives.
When you enter the archives room the cut scene plays where the team spits up.
There’s a fade to black then It gives you control of Emmie and places Pro and Clara in the room but the conversation for the cut scene plays again fade’s again and loops.

here’s my save file19.zip (22.7 KB)
Like I mentioned earlier. The save file is originally from an earlier version of the game, at least v.82.

Hmm, in v.92 it should fixed now. The only thing I can think of is if you had a save from v.91 walked in and then it broke and never fixed itself, but even then it doesn’t make much sense to me as the updated event is set to work. You are using v.92 right?

oh! I got this issue on v.9 so it’s probly fixed on v.92

can’t speak for @onipuck though

Yeah, getting the new update fixed that problem.

I’m guessing there’s no way of running this on Mac?

It is possible that you could use Wine. I’ve seen other RPG Maker-based projects that are able to run on Mac via Wine so it may be worth trying.

Linux user here; it hasn’t wanted to work with Wine, but I was able to run it by changing Firefox’s settings so it’ll play content from my hard drive and opening the index.html file from the www folder.

I set up a local lampp server to do RPG Maker games in Linux. They seem to work quite well through that local server.

Ideally, it’s up to the developer to export a separate Mac build for RPG MV stuff, but if they can’t test it or don’t have the bandwidth to upload a separate copy of the game, it’s understandable. Someone just pinged me in another thread earlier about this workaround still working - however, the game linked won’t work since it’s been rebuilt in Unity. Download another RPG Maker MV game with a Mac build (apparently Vale-City works) and follow the other instructions from the Steam thread.

For Linux users, the MV patch.7z file from here is a fairly simple fix for running MV games natively if you don’t want to mess around with Wine, Firefox settings, etc - just extract the files from the archive into the game directory. Since it replaces a portion of the engine files, it’s likely going to make the game error out if you try opening it on Windows after patching, so it’s best to make a copy of the game first and install it there if you use both Linux and Windows. Also, I stole the link from somewhere else, so I take no responsibility for the crude language in the archive’s readme.

1 Like

I’m absolutely loving everything so far! I’ve been at it for almost 10 real-time hours and I’ve never been bored once. This game is delightful.

I’ve encountered only two issues with the Memories segment so far: the “drunk / bloated” sprites didn’t load for me when replaying the Goblin’s Goblet scene, and I ate the buffet the first time but let Clara eat the cake the second time (obviously), yet the dialogue implied I did it twice. Is there a possibility of branching that memory into two separate ones?

(And possibly giving Clara some art of her own? :eyes:)