Some Girls are Bigger than Others v.2 [07-07-2022]

Kinda against the rules to ask for updates homie. Sometimes devs have real life stuff going on, or they’re just tryna slog through some code or parts of the project for long periods of time.

8 Likes

Thanks, I don’t really mind people asking for updates (it brings my topic to the top), but if it’s against the forum rules then we should keep that to the minimum. That being said, I was going to give an update anyway, and the update is that v.1 is set-in-stone this Sunday night.

3 Likes

screenshot

Nice. Tomorrow’s the day.

5 Likes

v.1 is now published, chapter one is complete. I’ll include here, what I have up in the description:

There’s a lot of words in the ending of this chapter sequence as you traverse back through your memories of a time before, the beginning of chapter 2 opens up with an expansive open area, the estate, where several things are available out of the gate including:

Summary
  1. The new side mission/mail delivery mechanic is introduced in the driveway (after the start of chapter 2)
  2. The Bar: Try a number of drinks at the estate’s bar (and yes you can get drunk)
  3. The Fitting Room: Speak to the tailor to pick out anything from casual wear to strange costumes (could it be for roleplaying?)

On my Ko-Fi Link I’m going to begin to publish hidden cheats littered throughout the game, but here’s a freebie for anyone who wants to skip the introduction: This will take you to your arrival at Lady Fairchild’s Estate: In the very first scene inside the INT_mindscape, ‘look at’ the wooden busk four times and a question will pop up asking if you want to skip. More skippable(s) will be added as I progress with the game, but it’ll always be worth it to play from the beginning, from time to time, as I will continue adding side-missions and other things to the earlier chapters.

As for the release of v.1½, you’ll likely see some new things added to the world and to the estate (that includes bug fixes, new lines, additional mechanics) if you check in periodically, perhaps even daily leading up to a couple weeks before the release of v.2, which is some time away (I’m no longer giving release dates but instead I’ll say early to mid Q2), and obviously that will be covering the second chapter of this erotic epic.

6 Likes

Nice, been waiting to see how this turns out, but right I’m having one issue, right before I initiate chapter 2, the dream sequence there is nothing really to do and when interacting with that one thing which I don’t remember the name nothing really happens, and then after initiating chapter two I don’t really know what else to do, like I explored all the place and nothing triggers any other sort of continuation, am I doing something wrong or am I not going in the correct path to continue? Or something?

For now, there is no chapter two, that’ll come later in v.2. But there should be three separate things that you can do around the estate if you find the right room. As for the dream, it’s still a work in progress, I’m working on this game mechanic where it becomes this surreal combination of all of your choices in the prior chapter.

1 Like

Pumped to see where this is headed next, also nice callback with the mailman

1 Like

Once at the estate I find the layout rather confusing with the number of rooms. Would there be a way to implement a map of sorts?

2 Likes

Absolutely. In fact, that’s one of the main things I’ve been working on ever since v.1s release. Though I’m finding a few things difficult with this, and if there’s any text adventure devs please help me out on this one, how can I apply maps to specific ares, and not to others? And is there a way I can code in a map that I’ve created using illustrator rather than using the boring rectangle map that they offer?

3 Likes

Never mind, I figured out the first thing and I’m pretty sure custom maps are impossible. In the next update the estate should have a map with labels on the more important rooms.

1 Like

ehhh any content after i reach the manor or are u just stuck in there without anything to do cause ive run around i think everywhere trying to look for a way to continue

1 Like

Deepest apologies for the entire fortnight of excommunication, the reason for my inactivity was because I had recently been labelled a false prophet, (because of my love for spreading fake news on the internet) and so, I faced the consequences. This resulted in me getting censored from all of the internet, which is what happens when you live in Iceland, very strict internet guidelines here. Also Björk is the president which a lot of people didn’t even know about.

But, now I have become uncensored from the two week ban, and in some ways you could say that I have risen from the dead, and have returned to share more information about the upcoming update for Some Girls are Bigger than Others.

Sometime in the weeks to come (late April/early May), I’ll be releasing update 0.2. A substantial amount of content will come with it, think all that has been released so far for the game, times two. That’s how much. That’s a lot.

7 Likes

bro i get like being banned from social media or something but how the hell did you get a full blown internet ban even if you where spreading fake news like???

either way good to hear ya back lol

1 Like

New Update: Progress for this game is progressing in a… progressive manner. In the meantime, I’ll be posting a few polls this week, that’ll possibly seem unrelated, but will actually help me consider a great deal of things at this point in development. I’ll start with the following question:

Of the following, which medical condition(s) do you currently have/exhibit? (select all that apply)
  • Bad Lungs
  • Soft Teeth
  • Crohn’s Revenge
  • Mortality
  • Flatulent tendencies
  • Shorter-than-average height (not to be mistaken with dwarfism)
  • Taller-than-average height (not to be mistaken with gigantism)
  • Scorched Facial Tissue(s)
  • Closed-mindedness
  • Elephant Man Disease, but you actually are an animal.
  • None of these, you are better than that.

0 voters

does this mean that it’s split across multiple LPs, drones on for ten minutes at a time and only popular in the 70s? :smirk:

2 Likes

Is this asking about the MC in the game or literally us as a person?

1 Like

This game’s also going to end up being just a contrived insurance commercial.

1 Like

The later, knowing your personal medical history is essential for future development of this game.

1 Like