Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

There’s a game called Starbound

A procedurally generated sandbox game in a sci-fi setting with various playable races where the fun is in your hands as you explore.

Big Fatties WG Header

• Big Fatties is a mod that forces fats of various sizes and weight gain. Watch your belly swell as you eat, food or others. Or subject the npcs of the various worlds to it instead. All while trying to mesh with the existing gameplay loop, perhaps enhancing it.

• PLEASE, please, please read everything here. So many people don’t and I’m not sure how much simpler I have to spell instructions on how to properly install the mod without being asked directly constantly.

installation

Installation

With the link below, make sure you extract the folder and look inside it. You will find the Big Fatties pak file as well as the QuickbarMini mod. With those two, find the location of the mods folder for starbound to place them in. Then locate the position of the mods folder within the starbound directory.

Do not drop the folder containing the pak files into the mods folder. Seriously do not do this it is not correct. Put the paks themselves into the mods folder. Don’t try to unpack the pak files, they work fine as is. You don’t have to unpack them for it to work.

If there are details you are confused about with installing mods in general for starbound, please look up a guide to help. Starbound’s modding community is large and has plenty of them to work with and help with those basics. Once everything is set, you can check the mods list from starbound’s menu to check if they are there and functioning.

access

Accessing

Once they’re inside the mods folder correctly you can load up your character. There will be two unique crafting stations in the basic crafting menu. The Big Fatties Store for a bunch of food, furniture, and items. And a weight scale that sells outfit bags to give you the various stages of fatness tailored for your character, as well as the means to increase the size of vanilla outfits that are currently supported.

The second part requires the QuickbarMini mod to function. A unique ui that’ll give your character many options. To gain weight, have that weight impact your mobility, larger hitboxes, make your character busty or bottom heavy. With options to tweak various settings such as how easily food makes you gain weight, how quickly it digests into fat and how quickly you lose it. It even comes with Vore, if you’re into that of course. Accessed by clicking on the red box in the ui. And if not, you can just ignore it.

do

What You Can Do

If you want to fatten up npcs and not just yourself. Go to the Big Fatties store and grab a lard shake gun, and fire away at anyone. It won’t work on everyone, certain npcs are invulnerable to this method. Such as the entirety of the Outpost. If you want to minimize the risk of fattening friendlies, for the most part, and keep it for enemies. Grab the fatray. Does the same thing as the lard shake gun. Just doesn’t work on many friendly npcs. The feeding tube furniture also works, so long as its the npc compatible one noted in the description. You will have to be patient though as npcs interact with furniture whenever they feel like it, not when you want them to. If you’d like to fix npcs fattened up, you can also get an alternate lard shake gun that’ll reset their weight. Only works for npcs.

If you experience trouble with weight, there are two methods to take note of. The treadmill will help you get back to a desired weight in just a brief amount of time. If however you’re on the go or in a dungeon and cannot use the treadmill, stock up on digestion aids.They’ll slowly help you trim weight as well as try to empty your stomach if it’s full of food. Both are purchasable from the Big Fatties store.

• The armors cover the vanilla races and avali in six stages of fatness. From thick, to chubster, to plump, to fatty, ending with blob and immobile. Varying sizes to flesh out your characters with and the rest of the universe.

• If you wish to expand the mod to a race of your choosing rather then hoping someone gets to it themselves. Check out the thread above on how to get started, or if you just wish to take a look at the sprites.

Download

[Big Fatties: Stable Download]

[StarPounds: Public Work In Progress Download]

Enemy Preview

161 Likes

Are you the original creator of the mod?

Yes, my title Dispatch shows up in any version of my mod as the author when looking at the mod list in game.

Oh. What’s up with the new less fat models then?

Part of an update. I made an official smaller plush pear-like heavy body type in the vein of the person who made the chubby addon.

3 Likes

Nice! Well I already have the older mod installed along with the other add-on mod, so it might not be a good idea to remove the older mod. Any other changes since your last version?

Moved the bodies and badges to a new object, the weightscale to make things a bit more organized. Balance changes to the defense provided by the badges. New statuses for crew mates that relate to the mod. A protectorate set and cosmic bandit set for the new chubster body. A few beds to suit the chubster and fatty body. Just a few though. And a fat floran statue and fat avian altar decoration.

Cool. But what do the new statuses do?

In general, nothing. It’s just what the method for prompts that crew members for your ship have is called. The thoughts they’ll have overtime. So there’s some flavorful stuff added to what can appear.

Oh. Is it safe to get the new mod if you’ve already used the old one?

It should be, though of course the addon would have to be removed. If you take the steps to simply delete what the addon added and then update the mod, it should be fine. And of course by deleting them, I mean going in game, loading your character and moving the armor pieces to the trash to despawn them.

1 Like

Oh. Okay, that’s cool. I think I should do a backup too by the way. Thanks for the mod. Do you think I should keep my back-up archival version of the mod up on this forum?

Don’t see any harm in it sticking around, just might be good to post for anyone checking up on it for updates to point out I’m back with an updated version.

Okay. So what did you like about making the mod?

That might be a bit hard to pin down. It started out as something personal as I began looking into the game to make something for my floran to look a bit fatter. That eventually evolved into discovering that the frames for the body and armors are incredibly wide. Which lead me to experimenting to how fat I could make a floran. That turned into sharing the mod and expanding it overtime to include the other races and adding clothing and more up to this point. I’m not fast at this, nor do I always have the drive to work on it, it’s just fun to do on occasion to expand and find something more to enjoy about starbound since I want to like the game more than I actually do.

1 Like

Nice to see you had fun making the mod. Is there going to be an in-between fatness level between the original blobby model and the new and much smaller chubby model?

Possibly? If I do make an inbetween it’ll probably take a long time after I expand some clothing options for the other two body types. Eventually.

Okay. I have to remake my model for my mod that adds a skunk race to the game then, because the shape is noticeably different. I’m not sure if I want to do it right now.

Also, I like how you actually updated the mod. I thought you might never return and post again on this forum. Nice to see you’re still here.

Yeah like I said, I’m just slow. If I ever want to stop working on the mod I’d announce it.