Starbound Mod: Big Fatties

Oh okie, thanks! :>

And one more question if you don’t mind, is the dummy thick badge purely for flavor, or does it effect something?

(I feel like someone should make a wiki or some type of extensive guide for this mod for newer players like me. ^^; )

At this rate I should just remove it if people keep wanting to spawn it in.

1 Like

Spawn it in? Now you’ve got me even more curious. XD

Just remove it, however you cheated it in.

I just found it by purchasing it from the weight scale, is it not supposed to be there? I do have admin mode on, so is that why I can buy it from there?

You’re using an old version

1 Like

Ohhh, alrighty!
Thank you for the answers Dispatch, I’ll go download the new version then. ^^
Wish you the best!

Found an interesting bug involving the climbing rope, the winch, and possibly every other rope item, not sure if anyone else found it yet.

Attempting to use two rope items at the same time seems to reset the hitbox to the default player size. It’s the most noticable with the Blob fatness level, though it’s entertaining seeing a fat blobby player crawl across a ceiling with ease using 2 winches.

I can’t seem to get the game running with this in my mods folder. It seems to quit after a few seconds on the loading screen, and taking the mod out of the folder seems to do the trick.

(Edit: I’m an idiot. Apparently there’s a message in the Command Prompt when unpacking .pak files that appears after it has finished unpacking the file, and I didn’t know about it, so I was prematurely ending it.)

Unpacking, while a thing that still works, isn’t required for the mod to work. In fact mods generally load faster when they’re pak files.

Ok, I’ll try that. Also, turning on the “busty chest”, “thick thighs”, “stuffed belly” or “filled belly” in the configuration menu seems to severely lag the game. Could I be using an outdated version?

Edit: It seems that just adding weight in general seems to lag the game a ton.

If everything is causing lag, yes you’re probably using an old version. If you’re someone with a configuration that just might be on the lower end to lag anyways, you can scroll up a bit for a hotfix that may or may not help you.

Is there a way to spit an NPC out after eating them? and how do I make the NPCs struggle, if that’s a thing?

Its in the description of the tool. And npcs always struggle. Though they’ll only be able to escape if you eat too many for your capacity.

is struggling supposed to be a visual thing, or no?

It’s not visual, it’s purely audio. Because of limitations making this work, chest files are not capable of being animated. It’s the same reason why jiggling for chest pieces aren’t a thing.

Makes sense. One last thing: can you DM me an invite to the Discord?

Can I get the discord inv too? :o

Just out of curiosity, what is the progress of the next update? What has been done, what needs to be done, and what might be done afterwards? Really looking forward to the fatty rework, though I’d love to see what else is in store…if there is anything else along with the body rework.

Also I feel kinda bad for barging in here only when I need something. It just feels incredibly selfish to only show up when I need something and never give anything in return. I wish I could give back in some way, but I am not a sound or sprite designer, best I could do would be ideas and stories…