Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

Do you have any characters you would like to share with us?

Not really, no. I’ve lost my vanilla races due to bugs and such, I only have a modded race going right now.
Once this next update come out I plan on starting a new character and using the weight gain badge to try to play with constantly changing weight. I think it will be a lot of fun, especially the new weights that are being added.

Yeah that is a very interesting mechanic. I’m interested in playing with it and seeing the code and how it works.

This new update teaser is very interesting, I hope to see more of it as the amount of details and the overarching quality of the mod is very high.

As a bonus the mod being released outside of the Steam Workshop is very good for players that don’t have the steam version (such as the GOG version).

This, mixed with an NPC maker/editor is perfect for making your very own overweight settlement/crewmates.

Loved the mod at first sight, the extra additions will mean more creativity with my crewmates (heck I might clear most of the decks set some new ones, now if only I could alter their speed as well)

3 Likes

What does your character look like in game?

Ask and you shall receive:

Meet Saga, A gal that became captain of her own ship after barely escaping with her life and her life long friend, a hylotl chemist named Yuri, from the chaos of earth, the two of them have ventured to different planets, trying to any little thing to make the ship feel a little more homey.

it wasn’t until the two of them landed on a shrine within a cavern containing a small statue of a large avian held onto a pedestal, the two of them, not knowing any better, thought it would be a great conversation starter with their future friends and took it.

Unbeknownst to them, the statue had a certain effect on the people surrounding it, once removed from it’s pedestal, it would begin by spreading it’s blessing upon those around it, slowly, but surely, they would start growing more and more rotund until they were shaped in it’s image, overtime, new thoughts would enter the minds of it’s surroundings, nothing too bad, a change in perception of beauty here, a mindset of indulgence there, all for the purpose of fulfilling the statue’s blessing.

Since that fateful day, her crew developed quite the poundage, some more than others, some with different curves, the tailor of the group has been in a constant state of business, and poor Yuri got so fat from staying in the ship that she can barely move now, but she is happy that she has her friend along with her as well as finding someone that is willing to feed her when needed.

Pictured here is Saga, at her temporary desk, organizing what will be the next course of action

Hope you enjoyed this, I may be able to provide more backstory, if I tried hard enough.

4 Likes

Love this mod, even got me back into playing Starbound again.

2 Likes

What do you like about the mod and what does your character look like?

sterboond
Here she is, I made her a bit quickly to test out the mod but I liked her enough to not restart after it worked.
As for what I like about the mod, I like how it’s not just a texture change and how it actually affects the gameplay itself depending on your size.

2 Likes

Interesting. Why did you create a Floran character?

Basically I think they’re cute.

1 Like

Is there like a story for your character that outlined how she is and got to this point?

No, or at least not yet. Like I said before I made her a bit quickly so I haven’t given backstory a thought yet (and while I’ve dabbled in writing before, I haven’t written anything involving weight gain).

1 Like

Is there anything else you like about the mod or are excited to play with?

Can’t think of anything specific. Just gonna keep messing around with it for now.

I must say this is a rather grand mod

I couldn’t agree more! It makes me really wish to learn how to program scripts and other coding into Starbound to help out with this mod. Starbound uses the Lua script right?

1 Like

Yeah, Lua scripts are supported by Starbound.

Do you think there needs to be a Discord server for this mod?

I wonder if you can provide more backstory soon.