Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

This has been patched as of just now, please redownload from the same link to fix it.

3 Likes

Ah ok then. Thanks man.

I have one question, do all NPCs have a random chance of getting the milkshake guns and launcher or do specific NPCs always get the guns? Because so far every Miniknog guard and the Floran guards that stand in the towers in the artifact mission have them and all cultists seem to wield another weapon until they notice you, in which case they just switch to the milkshake guns.

Those NPCs only have one or two ranged weapon types by default so with the added milkshake guns and lard launcher their weapon pools have a high chance to have those instead. As for the cultist those are most likely the archer cultists who prioritize ranged combat over using their melee weapons.

Also new version with an added enemy the lardgolem that will spawn in most common surface biomes.

Let me know if any balance needs tweaking or other suggestions.

4 Likes

After adding your minimod I’ve noticed a problem where sometimes a planet will crash on me, or only some “chunks of it”. After walking past a certain point of one of the latter I’ll get booted off the planet.
Not sure if it’s a mod conflict or not since the only other mod I have (besides these) is the Zaku mech mod.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=944986907

Currently investigating this issue, I’ll keep you posted.
Edit: also its not conflict with another mod, I’m just bad at this XD

1 Like

Current update should be stable, let me know how things go everybody.

Edit: In fixing the crash I introduced a crash, all should hopefully be fixed now

Edit 2: Reminder, please don’t overwrite the base Big Fatties mod folder with this, it should be its own folder in your mods titled ModFatties

1 Like

What do the badges OTHER than the gluttony badge do? I’ve equipped them all and nothing’s happened… do they have to be used with the respective outfits? And what about the “dummy thick” badge?

The other Badges give you the hitboxes and movement penalties corresponding to the name of the badge. Its to make the fat actually have weight and affect your gameplay.
They do not need the outfits to be used, but should be used with the outfits. The dummy thick badge gives you the hitbox for if you have a very large butt

Works now, walked through the same spot that crashed last time and game is running fine.

So I got my mech the other day and an idea came to me: how hard would it be to introduce a mech for a blob-level fatty?

i am not a content creator however considering that blob is wider then even the standard mech size already, the sheer size of a blob variant I would imagine may become too problematic for it to be used feasibly from a gameplay perspective for the hitbox alone, not even counting if it needs to fit in places such as when mining with the mech.

1 Like

Does anyone have any idea on how to create custom outfits for modded races?

I know where to put the files but I couldn’t figure out how to get them to properly recolor to your character’s colors, from the root folder its /items/armors/thick/thickINSERTSPECIES the files you need are the same as in the base bigfatties mod (image files are bsleeve, chestf, chestm, fsleeve, icons, pants, and then the item creation files thickINSERTSPECIES.chest, thickINSERTSPECIES.legs)

To make the other sizes replace thick in the file locations and names with the desired size (plump, chubster, fatty, blob)

The species name should usually be self explanatory unless you are using Frackin Universe, as some of their species names have fu at the start of the species name in the files. If you want to double check what the species names are you can unpack the mod files and look in the species folder. If you have issues figuring that out just let me know what mods you want to know the species file name for and I can do it for you.

1 Like

To get them to properly recolour you’ll often need to edit the actual sprites themselves to match the desired species’ template colours (example since I’m working on it: the slimes require various shades of green).

Bruh what if we made a p1000 ratte of a mech
We make it super op at the cost of being unable to mine and other space related stuff

1 Like

I renamed the files and put them inside different folders, however the game crashes after some time while loading and the log keeps finding duplicates off of the item creation files I copied, do I need to change them in some other way as well?

You’ll want to open it up in a text editer like Notepad++ and change the thing in the itemname line to “sizespeciespart”, with each of them being the one in question (so for example, this is “thickslimepersonchest”, or you could have “plumpfelinlegs”).

Otherwise, you get duplicates. It’s a pretty long process, but that’s modding for you. =w=;

Is there any .aesprite available for download?

If you can’t do mech things with a mech then why have a mech in the first place?