Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

I don’t think a Discord server would be needed for this. Its a kinda small mod and this forum works well enough for the time being. Maybe in the future if this creator gets more popular and makes more mods.

Let’s give this little story a whirl:

The door closed behind Yuri as she heard her life long friend make her way back to the little campfire she had in front of her.

“There you go, door’s installed, we should be safe for the night” Saga exclaimed as she sat down on the folding chair, which emitted slight groan at the sudden change in weight. Yuri sheepishly thanked her for the effort of securing the little cave for her, seeing as she wasn’t in her element at all, she was always afraid of what could happen during a night in the wilderness, but even more so now, not wanting a repeat of last time.

Saga smiled at her friend, while it wasn’t exactly a great spot, it was better than what they experienced in Earth. Saga frowned a little at that thought, having memories of the fate of the Earth, “Can’t believe it’s been a few months already” she sighs, taking a swig of a flask she kept around, “Yeah, it is sad that your home planet is now gone.” Yuri affirmed, “But if it wasn’t from you, I’d probably be dead as well.”, Saga nodded, acknowledging that not all was lost in the process, sure she lost her things when the attack occurred, but a friend, that’s hard to replace.

The two shared a smile, Saga getting up to sit next to the larger Hylotl and passing her the flask, which Yuri drank slowly, only to choke slightly as she realized what it was, “This isn’t water!”, she coughed, her taste buds not expecting it, Saga shrugged and admitted that seeing as the two of them would be alone, they could let loose a little. Yuri, now knowing it’s contents, drank more from it and gave the flask back to her friend.

“Do you think we should get rid of the statue?” Yuri asked as she started rubbed the side of her stomach, Saga was taken aback by this, sure, they knew the statue was cursed/blessed, but everyone in the crew morale was at an all time high with the frequent feasting, the usually cheery attitude and some of them even having found love within the circle, “No, why do you ask?” Saga wondered. “It’s just that I’ve noticed that I’m becoming far bigger than anyone in the ship, with the exception of Ashley who’s not far back, I fear I may become too much of a burden to accommodate on the ship.”. Saga got up, placed herself on top of her friend’s belly and placed a hand on her friend’s shoulder, “Listen here, Yuri Zhinett”, she exclaimed, knowing her friend doesn’t like that tone, “it doesn’t matter how big we get, we’ve done constant upgrades to the ship’s engines to be able to handle the amount of people and weight it has, we’ve done it before, we’ll still do it, plus, if it wasn’t for your help, we wouldn’t have lasted as long as we did”, Saga paused, taking another swig from the flask, “You patched me up more times than I’ve saved your skin before we had a dedicated doctor, you’ve managed to find ways to make us glow brighter than a novakid for crying out loud, so don’t go telling me you’re a burden, because if it’s true, then I’m sure me and the crew would be more than happy to keep that burden!”

Yuri, after hearing everything her captain said, started to have tears well up in her eyes, she took her friend’s shoulders and brought her into a hug, ever since the two left Earth, it was hard for her to feel like she was contributing to something, but her captain knew her for a long time, she knew where her friend shine.

Saga kept the hug going for a little while until the two parted ways, she stretched and yawned, “Well, time for us to go to sleep, it’s late enough as is.”, Yuri nodded before stopping her captain from taking another step, “Are you sure the structure is safe outside?”, “Guaranteed…” exclaimed her captain with a grin, “…it should be sturdy enough for the night, that way, no mean little poptop’s going to bite that big butt of yours”, she said, stifling a laughter, Yuri, a little embarrassed, took a slight shade of red at the thought of this moment in her life, but ultimately chuckled with her friend as the two of them went to sleep.

Tomorrow was their last day of absence from the ship and then, it would be back to work

Side note, this was done on a whim, it’s not greatness, but I thought I could very well try and flesh out these 2 a little more.

Who knows, if I can give enough effort, maybe I could do a story for some of the shared characters here, but that will be at my discretion, however.

6 Likes

Oh my gosh I wanted to play starbound again, had a thought like “hey remember that weight gaming site you took a quick peek at like, once? Maybe there’s a fatty mod for starbound” TODAY and found this thread.

AND IT HAS FAT GLITCH GIRLS! Fat sexy robot princesses here we come.

3 Likes

Hey, I absolutely love the mod. Everything about it is absolutely fantastic. You have done a truly outstanding job with it.

For those curious; I’ll post pictures and maybe even stories for my characters once the update comes out.

My main reason for signing up and posting is that I was wondering what everybody does for housing when they play with this mod? Building houses; especially for characters of such a large size can be a bit of a hassle and I usually tire of building just a few minutes after I start. If anybody is aware of any type of mod that adds in some type of quicker way to build that would be cool.

Also; how goes the progress on the update? Just wondering if everything is going smoothly and if there is anything we can help with.

4 Likes

Just use admin mode, which can be used in singleplayer with /admin, if you get burned out on building or can’t find one specific bit of furniture you really need. It lets you create just about anything for free at any workbench.

2 Likes

Signed up just to further share the love for this mod! My friends and I are using it on our server now and we’re having a blast! Love all the hard work you’re putting into this mod and can’t wait for future updates! Loved finding out that you can’t fall through certain sized gaps with this mod, and the movement impairment is so wonderful~

1 Like

What server are you playing it on? May I see the server?

Right now we’re just playing it as a small discord group over Steam until I can get it back onto a host.

Oh. I’m slightly interested in playing in the server for a bit.

Honestly that wouldn’t be a bad idea, some of us get together and have some fatty space adventures or something

1 Like

Totally would also love to get in on the server for this too, let alone some multiplayer stuff. Though when the weight gain guns are released, I imagine one of the first things that may happen will be a battle royale: fattening edition.

A bunch of female outcasts of various races, dropped onto a planet and armed with weight gain guns, the last one to not be fattened to immobility wins both a ride off the planet and whatever defeated opponents she wants to take with her.

The “”""""“Hunger”"""""" games if you will

1 Like

What happened the beautiful attempt mod?

Beautiful Attempt mod creator here.

Long story short I ended up losing interest and starting other projects. The unfinished testing version is still installed on my game and the arcade machine has been sitting on my ship for the past year, so I occaissonally muse about picking it back up again when I pass it, but I’m not going to say anything definitive.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can ask questions like that… maybe you should read the rules again.

No, the mod will delete it if it does indeed violate the rules. What do you think of the mod so far?

What is your favorite thing about the mod?

Which race are you playing as in the game?

May I see your character in game?