Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

In regards to the Big Fatties mod, are the cultist clothes planned at all?

Before the threat here buried it, I did mention clothes that I was gonna plan on after the next update. And yes Cultist was among them.

I can’t seem to get the .rar files to run in Starbound. They either don’t show up in the Mods list or if they do, nothing happens… what am I doing wrong?

you need to unpack the folders from the. rar file

How do I unpack them? It didn’t seem to give me an “unpack” option when I clicked on them

Install a program like winrar and then you can unpack it

Ah thank you so much!!!

1 Like

I’ve been testing out the mod and it is great, but i still don’t know every use of it, so i have a few questions, how do i make npc’s or crew members get fat in a first place?

You’ll need to get a lard-gun or lard-rifle, either from Big Fatties or Mod Fatties

Big Edit: moved to my own thread.
Old post starts here:

Hello, long time lurker here. I might have something for you: Clothes expanding with your character!

I managed to tell the scripts to choose specific clothing depending on what you wore when equipping the digestion badge. I browsed through the main Big Fatties folders and added all complete (read: thick, chubby, plump, fatty) armor sets to the progression. Tested is only the protectorate set, but apart from typos in the item names the others should work fine. Dyed clothes should work (they do for the protectorate set), mixing and matching chest/leg pieces should work.

Big Fatties - Expanding clothes expansion.zip (3.9 KB) Updated 2019-07-15 11:52 GMT

Installation: Like any other mod, extract it into your mods folder, next to Big Fatties.
This is its own mod. Do not overwrite files from the main Big Fatties mod. (Unless you know what you do.)

Usage
  • Equip the armor set you wish to grow with in the cosmetic slots, along with the gluttony badge. For the default look, leave the slots blank. The armor set is detected in the moment you gain weight.
  • If the badge already has some weight to it, unequip it first to get access to the cosmetic slots.
  • Your armor items should pop off as soon as you grow, just as before.
  • The chosen armor set is forgotten when beaming, reloggin or unequipping the badge. The first two shouldn’t have any impact, as long as you are at least one weight class above “regular”.
  • I advise you to use the base game (slim) variants of armors, as the others may vanish from your inventory when changing weight classes. For this reason slimming down to regular weight still clears the cosmetic slots instead of equipping the base variants.
  • Only a few armours are actually configured to grow with the player. All others default the race-specific looks. The supported items/sets are currently:
    dark disguise, slime, hoodie, t-shirt, skinny jeans, chef, jumpsuit, predator, scientist, cosmic bandit, miniknog, hazmat, protectorate.
    T-shirt goes till “plump”, all other till “fatty”. Sets with gaps inbetween were left out.
  • NPCs wearing these armor sets will now receive clothes fitting their weight, too.
Known issues
  • Items matching exactly to the equipped cosmetics may vanish from your inventory when changing weight class or unequipping the badge! I advise using the slim (base) variants for pairing, as they won’t appear via script and are therefore safe.
  • After relogging or beaming while slim, the badge-armor-pairing has to be repeated. Sorry!
  • Equipping the badge hides the weight class progress icon until changing weight classes. Fixed!
  • Currently for players only, NPCs grow as before. NPCs are done!
  • Slimming down from blob to fatty re-clothes you. (Bug or feature?)
Changelog

• initial release

• Fixed bug about hiding weight class progress.
  • Changed when set detection is triggered. No more re-detecting needed while at least “thick” (lvl 1)!

• Enabled clothes sets for NPCs!
  • Removed a script file that was no longer needed.
  • Moved clothes sets to config file, which allows patching from other mods.
5 Likes

Holy damn, you’re god, thank you a lot for this. I am sure, like, all the community will also thank you for that, great job.

This is absolutely glorious! Hot damn, this is scratching that itch I’ve had very minorly in the background! The blob becoming completely naked is just the topping on the cake, since no amount of clothing can hope to cover that girth. (My personal headcanon is your character has a little device that automatically teleports your clothing away when you reach that size as to avoid it actually ripping.)

Hot damn (I’m sensing a pattern here) I was wondering if you can do this mod for the clothes it wood be awesome if you can
https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/ette-set.5553/

yeah this mod and people that work on it impresses me more and more. i have a question tho, what is the most fattening food in the mod?

is this supossed to happen?

Try to reinstall the game

this only happen when i try to run the game with the “expanding clothes”.

this mod dont run in your pc

Actually, it does. Apparently you don’t have Big Fatties installed/inside the “mods” folder, and that’s causing your game to crash.

for what serving Chocolato Squirt Gun?