Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

Just to ask, how can it be linked to species mods? I usually play with a mod for new race and the story of weight gaining actually sound good to me.
Ofc, it would be difficult to go with someone else’s mod (unsure he’d like that) but if we plan to make our own specie, how it goes for mod compatibility?

Also, is it planned to go bigger or not?

I like this mod, its pretty good and i hope it continues to get worked on

You can modify the mod yourself and add new armors for your new race.

Where’s the Discord server for this mod?

New update available. A small amount of armors have been added, various chubster sets as well as a chubster and fatty variant of the predatory set. Some new food items, along with an adjustment on their price to match the vanilla food items. Most of them also have a recipe to learn once the individual food has been bought.
Though the main reason for the update is implementing CorbinADtor’s addition to at last allow the badges to also change the hitbox to better fit the body types.

5 Likes

Good stuff as always.

What do you like about the update?

I’m looking forward to the next update! Perhaps there will be more armor and clothing sets to choose from?

That’s what I thought. In that case i’ll see forward for making the race THEN look for modify the big fatties mod to fit to mine once it’s done.

Thanks for answering to one of my question!

1 Like

What kind of race are you creating?

Actually I’m looking at making some kind of bearded dragon stuff, but honestly I’ll have more than only one race to make. Just gotta go one by one, especially when it’s the first mod I’m making for this game

1 Like

I really like this mod, it’s pretty fun use it in game, the only thing that I’d like to see, although it may not be possible, would be nice to have npcs have access to these overweight armor variants.

Can’t wait to see more of this

It’s theoretically possible; this can already be accomplished through a mod (that I’ve forgotten the name of) that allows you to design NPCs, and could probably be accomplished through in-game console commands as well.

For NPCs to spawn with the armor, though, might be more of a headache than it’s worth for the dev.

How do you install the hitboxes?

Hello everyone. Been awhile.
After taking a break I’ve gotten back to working on a new update.
What is it? Something I think people have probably been wanting for awhile now.
Update%20Preview

11 Likes

Wait, you’re making an even larger size of character? How are you going to make that last size of character? I’m interested because the head seems to be placed higher than the previous size. Also, what are you going to do with those in-between stages of fatness?

The new, biggest size. Will require, and I do mean require, a new badge for it to work. With hitbox adjustment thanks to CorbinADtor’s work, and armor with larger frames. A bigger size is now possible, well one that doesn’t look squished. And the other two new sizes are just gonna be, new sizes. They won’t have much clothing for awhile compared to the other sizes currently. But they’re both small enough to be separated into legs and chest pieces like the chubster size. This will also mean customizing the fatness of your character will be more varied as if you think the legs are too big/small for the belly. Or just want large legs with no belly, this’ll expand that idea.

1 Like

Thanks. What will you call these newer sizes? Also, what do you like about these new sizes?

Well I’ve already stated what I like, the variety it’ll bring. And in order from smallest to largest it’ll now be finalized as-
Thick
Chubby
Plump
Fat
Blob

2 Likes

Thanks. What was interesting about implementing and making these new changes?