Starbound Mod: Starpounds Big Fatties

I assume they couldn’t implement a badge that changes your vanity armor as you gain weight. That would be very complex to implement the changing of your armor’s shape, either it would take an artist much time to make various sets of armor adapted for each weight class, or a coder to somehow come up with a way to warp the armor to match up with each weight class.

Anyways, I’m interested to find out the Lua script for that badge when the new update comes out. I’m even more interested now than before with that news.

Also, here’s an example of what I’m talking about for variety with this update.
variety

6 Likes

That’s awesome! That way we can pretend our characters are just really full from eating too much before the weight gain kicks in with those “belly only” variants!

Also hello. I’ve been watching this thread for a while but didn’t make a profile until now. I just had to make one to comment on how good this looks. Keep up the good work. Dispatch!

1 Like

Nice to see you on the forums. What do you like about the mod Prism7?

I really like the sprite work. Definitely conveys the different sizes very well. And I’m hoping, with enough time and patience, that we’ll find a way to make the weight game more dynamic depending on how much your character eats, etc. So far it’s looking good from what I’ve seen of this dynamic badge that’s being created. Very excited to see that this mod is continuing to be worked on!

P.S. The “Thick” weight variant is absolutely perfect! I felt there could really be some more variants between “Normal” and “Chubster”, and Dispatch never ceases to amaze!

1 Like

Are there any other things you like about the mod? I like how easy it was for me to make versions of the armor for my modded Skunk races. I like playing as the skunk races because I like skunks a lot, so seeing that I can play as a fat skunk race in a game is pretty cool.

I definitely like that they implemented hitboxes to the weight variants. I always giggle at the thought that my female Hylotl Narumi is thinking, “Huh…I could’ve swore I was able to fit through a two square hole a while ago…” X3

1 Like

Hah… that’s an interesting thought. Any other things you like about it? I’m pretty hyped for the update too.

Hmm…the only other thing I can think of that I really like about the mod are the foods they have thought up. Some of them having their own side effects from consumption (i.e. Drinking Bloat Cola causes Low Gravity from all of the bubbles inside of the stomach). Very creative indeed. Would love to see more of these kinds of items implemented! :smiley:

Yeah, I forgot about those food items, I haven’t really used those foods that much. I like the idea of having those foods anyways even if I likely won’t use them in game. (We have more than 151 posts now in here…)

I’m kind of wanting to make a roleplay server once the new update rolls around…

What kind of roleplay server are you thinking of creating? I;m interested in roleplaying.

I wasn’t aware there’d be different kinds of roleplaying servers for this sort of thing. I didn’t really put much thought into it either way because I have no experience in hosting game servers.

So you’re trying to do a role playing server for Starbound? That’s interesting. What plans do you have for it?

Uh… I wasn’t trying to make one. I was just wanting to. And I usually don’t get around to doing things I want to do when I have no experience in what I want to do. As such I haven’t given plans any thought. If there’s really enough interest though I guess I could give it a try.

Well I’m interested in the server. Anything else you want to talk about the mod?

Only that I’m very impressed with this mod’s progress in the past year or so.

1 Like

What part of the mod was your favorite?

You know, this mod was the mod that convinced me that I needed to make an account on Weight Gaming lol. I want to support it as much as I can :grin:

What did you like about the mod?