Succubus of Gluttony V0.12 - Work Resumed 28/03/24

GODDAMIT EA!
Another dev ruined by corporate greed

1 Like

Psst, update, it has buttons I swear

WHY IS IT STILL GLUTTONU, damn it renpy

Edit, fixed it but I ain’t redoing the links, Gluttonu will be a thing of the past once V0.11 hits

2 Likes

Exciting!
Will report back with my objectively correct thoughts as soon as I’m able to do the LewdTM

As long as your objectively correct thoughts align with my objectively correct thoughts the will be no objection to the objectivity of the object of your thoughts

1 Like

Playing around with some new UI elements as I finish off the 1st core gameplay loop. Bars are fun! I’d really like to stick a lil chibi version of Yevena on the colour change point for the weight bar that changes weight depending on Yevena’s weight stage. Might be a fun little detail. Can’t decide on the placement of the stats yet so, for now, it lives on the top left of the screen but I might go the way of Gain of life and put it to the bottom left or right, beside the dialogue box.

5 Likes

A chibi on the bar sounds like either a very small chibi or a very fat bar. Maybe the chibi lives next to the bar box, and is about the box’s size? Maybe she’s smaller than the box and sits on it?

The bar is only 25 pixels tall so it’d either have to be a conventional 16x16 or an unconventional 24x24, alternatively, I could space the bars further and do a 32x32 the slightly lips out of the bar. Idk, I just like the idea of a little detail like that to chronicle her decent into gluttony.

I feel like it’s kind of fucked I posted an update and I’m nearly ready to post another. Like I realise that not everyone sits down and dedicates their day to working on this shit but I didn’t think the coding would go this smoothly.

Yeah, yeah Python easy, ooga booga caveman do but I expected a few things to not work and I’ve yet to run into a serious issue. Can’t wait to try implementing minigames that the engine was completely not designed to do XD That’s gonna be a trip.

TLDR: 1st stage game loop is nearly finished, might be some slight balancing and pacing issues out the gate but I’m working on those, art’s done for stage 2 Yevena and there will be 2 variants, it’s a 50/50 shot as to which image spawns in on a given summoning. Stage 2 will have a few more random encounters and I fully expect it to take more than a few hours to write. Won’t be much fanfare, I’ll just upload the links and edit the OG post to include the changelog, I’ve bumped this thread enough today lol

3 Likes

Yeah python be easy,I watched a tutorial and made a short vn for my ex in a day a few years ago lol
But my memory be shit so I honestly forgot everything already

1 Like

2nd update live, get it while Yevena’s hot (always, get it always and forever if that wasn’t clear)

3 Likes

So
Update’s great,its incredible how fast you whipped it up,almost faster than I whip the slaves in my basement.

Besides that, I have the usual round of “I’m not sure that’s how you spell it” but please keep in mind English isn’t my language,so it’s simply things I find weird,might be completely correct,what would I know.
“Somone” “ypu” “care’s”

Screenshot_20230412-010544_Ren'Py Plugin for JoiPlay

Also is the weight number supposed to be that long?
Also just as a funny sidenote,it appears my food storage is a tardis. Infinite food woo!

1 Like

shakes fist at sky FLOOOAATS!

4 Likes

I combed that fucker for typos but a few got through. No, weight shouldn’t do that, ill force it to round rto 1 dp tomorrow.

Fun story about food, originally there wasn’t going to be a cap but when I added the bar i implied a cap of 100 but never set it… welp

And yes, @BadIdea4 fucking floats

1 Like

More text errors:

• browny point
  • taught (it’s taut here)
  • returning with your … post haste
    What’s written says that the succubus returned with the beers. Try “You return with …, and the gluttonous …”. Also where full stop?
    Also next line the slanted text just keeps on going. It’d be neat if the sfx were colored.

If you don’t feed the demon all day she still leaves “well fed”.

When cooking skill is 2 and I practice, it goes down to 1 for one screen then goes up to 3. Next time down to 2, up to 4. Sometimes training cooking doesn’t add 2 and the stat gets lower??? With save-scumming I got up to 10 though.

This is a great start. I love it and can’t wait for more.

im excited for more of this

why does my cooking stat go DOWN when I practice lol?

1 Like

Cooking skill has a 33% chance of decreasing by 1, 33% to increase by 1 and 33% to increase by 2. In the future the odds will be weighted rather than percentage based.

@BadIdea4 where did you find taught and which text sequence are you refering to? Ill remedy these issue’s tonight

1 Like

Belly rubs.

Sorry my last post wasn’t too clear. Search for the the strings “browny” and “returning with your” in the script and you’ll see where they are.

Will there be an Android Version