Surviving, a WG and Expansion Game (Discontinued)

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

I just wanna clarify that my issue isn’t involving the size of the file, its about how unstable my current internet connection is due to construction being done in my area. I can start a download and it will go along smoothly up to a point where it rolls back to an earlier percentage. With most other upload sites, i just have to resume the download and it picks up where it left off before being interrupted, but for some reason MEGA traps me in an unbreakable loop.

1 Like

No worries, I can accommodate I just need to complete this update and I’ll release a Mega and Mediafire download.

2 Likes

I have a few comments to make

• For how much damage you take in battle each time, there is a severe lack of healing items or places to rest up. This is probably for the setting, but playing without save editing to give me a fuck ton of the health stims had me dying around the green maze like part of the building.
  • It was stated earlier, but yeah, the jetpack thing should be unlocked after it happened in story, you could have it unlocked as a skill that can only be used on the field.
  • I’m sad that there is no real reward for going all the way around the top ledge in the first screen of the game.
  • I don’t know what the art program is, but that style of 3D doll maker always disturbs me, this is a personal gripe so feel free to take it with a grain of salt.
2 Likes
  • Unfortunately that might be the luck of the draw, you should have a 1 in 5 chance of the stim dropping and one thing I have planned for the next fix is to increase it by a bit. Also I forgot to make the Facility bots have a 1 in 5 chance of dropping it so that will also be a huge difference.

• I may do a jetpack thing but like I said before but honestly with the lowered bot spawn rate and scrap requirement for the item I doubt this will be an issue overall especially in later versions when I plan to completely change encounters.

• Thanks for letting me know about the ledge, I thought I’d blocked it off but apparently I did not do it well enough.

As per the art program. It’s not so much a doll maker as it is more a plug and play 3D asset designer called DAZ. Discomfort can be common since it’s tripping your uncanny valley. But I’ve been pretty careful to make them look believable rather than real, especially in the later renders.

The uncanny valley is super interesting, we actually prefer to look at things that are more obviously fake than things that try to be real. That’s why for example in the live version of Alladin they made Will Smith look like he was wearing body paint instead of being just covered in a real blue tint. Because body paint is a thing that exists in our world it lets us know that this isn’t fully real so you can relax.

I’ve also invested in some skin plugins to help what I can only describe as the barbie doll effect that happens to most DAZ models. That will come into play in the next iteration of renders.

I personally really love DAZ as a system, it’s a bit janky but given that I work in tech I’m fairly used to that.

2 Likes

But I do want to say I really appreciate feedback, even negative feedback. I want this to be something I can be really proud of and I’m certainly not going to get there without criticism.

4 Likes

Demo version 1.2, If you’ve already played this I made a save at the end so you can just skip to the teaser I added.

Changelog:

• Special Abilities now have descriptions
  • Encounter rate flat changed to 45 steps, made health stims more likely to drop.
  • Made it hard to escape fights to compensate for encounter rate.
  • Added a message letting you know about getting unstable nanites from the second boss. I figure it’s early enough that some people might not understand the beat boss = nanites for a level increase thing.
  • Decreased the facility music volume
  • Slime scrap requirement reduced to 75
  • Trees and vents are no longer climbable in the boss area
  • Added a new track for the boss room
  • I’ve made new face plates for the characters that will be used in future. The beginning will get replaced with those if I can figure out how to do it automatically instead of manually replacing each one.
  • New scrap node has been added to block off the side on the upper right of the desert. This also means if you get all the scrap and fight the boss you’ll have 60 out of the 75 scrap required for Greg.
  • Bosses have actual names now, shoutout to my GF for noticing and naming the second mini boss.
  • Numerous spelling and grammar errors fixed
  • Shop now 20 percent more messy
8 Likes

thumbs up

1 Like

If by faceplates you mean the icon when they’re talking, can’t you just rename the new faceplate to the old faceplates file name?

1 Like

I like how it’s going, especially the protagonist looks like an idiot and I love him for that … But I think you could not release the 1.2 demo just to show 5 seconds of additional content and fixs. You could simply and only write the post of the fixs and then publish 1.2 in the future.
Because of this demo you gave me more hype… damn

1 Like

@LuLuLuFooFooo I mean I have no idea but if that works but Imma try it and if it does thank you so much.

@Red I’m sorry I know I’m evil but it’s for a good reason I promise! I’m legit gathering RPG maker plugins right now so my next version will actually be a 2.0 which will likely coincide with a Patreon launch. I’ll have more info on all of that probably in the next few days.

1 Like

I’ve been able to find plugins for every game play change that I want to create so far and now I’m just going through and implementing them. Provided I have time today to get stuff done there will be more announcements tomorrow or very late tonight.

1 Like

Keeping in line with my posting things at the ass crack of dawn, here’s my announcement:

A few major things!

1. We now have a discord, come on in for news, updates, and feature testing: Discord Link
  2. I will be spending the next month working as much as I can on the game and Patreon will launch in April if everything goes smoothly.
  3. Official launch of the Tester Program.

What is the tester program?

I’m so glad you asked! Too often these games launch and people without disposable income lose out on both the game and the opportunity to join a game community. That’s not something that sits right with me.

So to fix that I’m creating a merit based system that gets you access to the latest builds called the Tester Program. I will choose individuals to join based on the following criteria:

1. Bugs reported and feedback given on feature tests.
  2. Community involvement
  3. Adherement to my no asshole policy.

In short, be cool, help out and I’ll make sure you get to enjoy my game. No one who contributes either with money or with time should lose out, that’s my general idea here.

2 Likes

To celebrate launching the server I’m doing a community driven pinup stream today. Basically I’ll be making a render based off what people in the stream want to see and obviously what I have available to make.

If you want to join us just tap the discord link in the post above!

This was made during the live stream today! If you like this and are interested in seeing more or watching the stream when it comes again please join our discord. The link is two posts up.

10 Likes

I’m starting to do nightly development streams so if you’re interested on seeing upcoming content for the patreon release come join our discord. The live stream is available to everyone though most content right now is strictly safe for work except for me cursing at RPG maker.

It’s a great way for me to get immediate feedback and I love talking with people who stop on by so don’t hesitate to write in the Live Stream chat room, I respond pretty much instantly.

Streaming schedule is a work in progress but most nights it’ll be at midnight PST because I don’t sleep.

2 Likes

this seems like a really good idea and the animation (sprites? DAZ things?) look really good so I’m exited to see more. I feel like games with actual potential and don’t get cancelled or put “on pause indefinitely” has gone down on this website recently, but it seems like you’re not just gonna drop this for seemingly no reason (I’m not saying some people don’t have good reasons for dropping things).
TLDR
This is good, I’m exited for more

1 Like

I’ve had enough interest that I don’t intend to drop this project any time soon. I’ll be launching a Patreon at the beginning of April and if you want to play test builds before the launch you should join our discord!

what a kick-ass demo, I’m blown away

1 Like

I’m so glad you think so! There’s a version 1.3 in our discord which doesn’t add content so much as it adds features. I also just finished streaming development for today which I’m making a daily thing more or less.

1 Like

As soon as I finished the main mission I left the house and went back into the house and went to my room, when I left the room it gave this error as you can see

1 Like