The currently unnamed stuffing rpg

I’ll have to figure this one out. first I need to know if you used the npc by the money crystal in the first town, because that’s a test npc I was using and forgot to remove. If this is happening after completing the first quest line and then walking through the front gate then it’s probably something wrong with the way I set Lotta’s movement route and should be easy to fix.

Ah, I DID use the npc by the money crystal! Being slow to learn the map I loved the short route the “kind sorceress” (so I assumed, lol) offered to me - even without asking about my intentions! :slight_smile:
It is STILL a bit difficult for me to navigate around there in the game. Perhaps a tourist-map or a few more pointers/land-marks here and there would help a little. My customary way to find something is just try to sneak randomly in every house and doing that again and again is somewhat frustrating, since so many houses are apparently still waiting for content. My attention-span is obviously quite short and not seeing the objects in distance causes me to waddle a lot around.

[quote=“tsap, post:20, topic:721”]Hens are never more the same after this… and there seemed to be one horse that roars. I had simply no nerve to check with sheep. We keep hearing wild rumors and I have a weak heart, not to mention fragile bladder. :slight_smile:

Darn, almost forgot to tell about a minor thing. At about 20 percent of the times in my game when Phage comes from west and transfers over the area-boarder (seeking Lotta to join her company proper), he walks against the wall of the Inn and I see black screen and game-stop. Alternatively she walks into lamp-post leaving lights on, but the game still stops. :wink: I learned soon to avoid that by keeping to the right and walking a bit further before compelled to turn, stop and listen to Lotta’s greeting. Everything goes fine then, but there might be something in script there that prompts the occasional accident. I imagine the thing could be relatively easy to repeat (by playing the still single Phage trough the Mimic Mine entrance fx. and thus arrive to the Inn from west) just by keeping to left and just letting go after the transition.
There have been a couple of brief game-stops after a battle, but the system has solved them quite easily. This first meeting with Lotta before the Inn has been the only one that has ‘crashed’ my game so far, so absolutely no biggie. Could be just my evil ‘com-peewter’, too.[/quote]

odd, that hasn’t happened to me yet, guess I could be lucky or something

You just haven’t the knack of hitting lamp-posts or jetties in the walls… clumsy me. :-
(tried with a fresh game in order to see if I got a corrupted game-file. Same results, nothing changed there. Hit my nose and belly against the damn post. // Obi Wan’s voice: “Let go Luke!” WHAM! “ouch!”)
Ok, now I know I am not supposed to use the short cut. I was just SO eager to report a potential bug (and add a little piece of discussion to a fine topic)
To further show my enthusiasm (and massive ignorance about the game and game-maker’s schedule) a couple ridiculous “ideas”:

• any change to automatically change ‘marching order’ (formation) to let the thin character lead the group? If possible, this could kinda underline the encumbered state of the bulkier PC:s. I learned that slowing down isn’t feasible, so this little finesse could perhaps in some later stage give a resemblance of the thing.
  • when Lotta joins the team, she obviously notices if Phage has a large belly or not. The dialogue changes accordingly, if I got it correctly. What a novel and rare thing - and the dialogue in Mimic mine is probably even better. As far as I am concerned there could be a similar line of (preferably snide) brief comment after every battle where one teamster has somehow increased her waist-line. Turning tables is a bitch, but what adorable bitch it can be at times in game-environment.

[quote=“tsap, post:24, topic:721”]You just haven’t the knack of hitting lamp-posts or jetties in the walls… clumsy me. :-
(tried with a fresh game in order to see if I got a corrupted game-file. Same results, nothing changed there. Hit my nose and belly against the damn post. // Obi Wan’s voice: “Let go Luke!” WHAM! “ouch!”)
Ok, now I know I am not supposed to use the short cut. I was just SO eager to report a potential bug (and add a little piece of discussion to a fine topic)
To further show my enthusiasm (and massive ignorance about the game and game-maker’s schedule) a couple ridiculous “ideas”:

• any change to automatically change ‘marching order’ (formation) to let the thin character lead the group? If possible, this could kinda underline the encumbered state of the bulkier PC:s. I learned that slowing down isn’t feasible, so this little finesse could perhaps in some later stage give a resemblance of the thing.
  • when Lotta joins the team, she obviously notices if Phage has a large belly or not. The dialogue changes accordingly, if I got it correctly. What a novel and rare thing - and the dialogue in Mimic mine is probably even better. As far as I am concerned there could be a similar line of (preferably snide) brief comment after every battle where one teamster has somehow increased her waist-line. Turning tables is a bitch, but what adorable bitch it can be at times in game-environment.[/quote]
    It would be possible for me to slow down the party if just one of the characters was too fat. I guess I could just pass it off as everyone walking slower to let the heavy characters catch up, but the change between speed 4 and speed 3 is such a big amount that it’s almost agonizing to walk from one place to another.
    As for dialog changing when a character is fat or skinny, this is incredibly easy and I will add more when ever I can make it fit the scenario without seeming forced

also I hate to be that guy but… how goes things on the next build? hit any bumps in the road or anything to share about it? (If you rather surprise us that’s also fine too)

[quote=“Kyubits, post:26, topic:721”]also I hate to be that guy but… how goes things on the next build? hit any bumps in the road or anything to share about it? (If you rather surprise us that’s also fine too)

[/quote]
This update is a going to be a pretty big one. Containing at least 6 characters expanding in one way or another(don’t get too excited though, some of them aren’t human. Not furry but not human). I hit a tough spot today because I need to make a character with more than the 3 default frames, But considering I have had only two days off since the last update I’m making amazingly fast progress. That being said there will be a week this month where I wont be able to work on it at all, and there are still quite a few things left before it’s ready, but I’m still aiming for late March early April.

Good to know - and thanks for the other guy - I would’ve asked soon anyway. ;D Nice drawing there, too!

Ok, the ‘speed-change thingy’ now understood. Why indeed waddle slowly, when one can still almost sprint to her doom! It would become sooner or later a nuisance to most players, if the game-speed should drop much. (teleport the fatties? lol. The witch/wizardess could use a good part of her AP:s in that way, hm - and then let the team down during the battle. Please forget this one)
Truly happy to know about other nice expansions and dialogues on their way. Damn I am curious now. As for one who outwardly appears being between 60 and crematorium the inner kid feels like before Christmas. Great game!

[quote=“Mr stuffer rpg maker pers, post:27, topic:721”][quote=“Kyubits, post:26, topic:721”]also I hate to be that guy but… how goes things on the next build? hit any bumps in the road or anything to share about it? (If you rather surprise us that’s also fine too)

[/quote]
This update is a going to be a pretty big one. Containing at least 6 characters expanding in one way or another(don’t get too excited though, some of them aren’t human. Not furry but not human). I hit a tough spot today because I need to make a character with more than the 3 default frames, But considering I have had only two days off since the last update I’m making amazingly fast progress. That being said there will be a week this month where I wont be able to work on it at all, and there are still quite a few things left before it’s ready, but I’m still aiming for late March early April.[/quote]

A big update? wow that sounds awesome!

but no need to rush take your time friend o 3o

I have to ask, I know the game has stuffing in it, and phage got enormous whenever she lost to the first boss, but ever thought about gradual weight gain? like if she slept at an inn being totally engorged she ends up being fatter, it doesn’t have to be a massive jump,

I wholeheartedly support this idea. :smiley:

I wholeheartedly support this idea. :D[/quote]

Thirding this. 8)

I have thought about it, and while it is possible it was such a huge amount of work for me I just settled for the 6 stages I have now. It is very possible to go back and ad more stages to make the gain slower and I might even consider doing it at some point, but right now I’m already doing 72 sprites per party member for just belly weight gain. If i get the different body type thing I want to do working then that again is 72 more sprites, so while I would like to do this I’ll have to see if I can come back to it at some point in the future when I have a little more of the game done.

EDIT: I should clarify that this is something I very much want to do. Just not something I think I should be doing right now.

I totally agree, also how goes things?

I have 1 puzzle a bunch of sprites and the boss fight left to do, but that’s about it. Having some extreme lag problems with Photoshop right now though so sprites are taking a stupid long amount of time.

I have 1 puzzle a bunch of sprites and the boss fight left to do, but that’s about it. Having some extreme lag problems with Photoshop right now though so sprites are taking a stupid long amount of time.[/quote]

Man… technology just loves being a pain doesn’t it?

hope things will end up going well in the meantime

So it’s been a month since the last release and I’m more behind than I thought I would be. I figure the least I can do to help ease everyone mind would be to at show proof
that I actually am still working on this, so here’s a screenshot from about half way through the next questline.

Good things are worth of waiting. A few more days are absolutely no problem - and thanks for the screenshot!
(Left from where Lotta’s standing there seems to be a round pink bush… or has Phage’s belly grown that big? :slight_smile: )

[quote=“tsap, post:38, topic:721”]Good things are worth of waiting. A few more days are absolutely no problem - and thanks for the screenshot!
(Left from where Lotta’s standing there seems to be a round pink bush… or has Phage’s belly grown that big? :slight_smile: )[/quote]
It’s a bush, I needed to save time so I used an old candy tileset someone made years ago. They are credited in the game but I doubt anyone wants to be associated with this so it’s probably best they never find out. and maybe.

[quote=“Mr stuffer rpg maker pers, post:37, topic:721”]So it’s been a month since the last release and I’m more behind than I thought I would be. I figure the least I can do to help ease everyone mind would be to at show proof
that I actually am still working on this, so here’s a screenshot from about half way through the next questline.

Yeah I don’t mind waiting no rush!, as long as you manage to finish it.

also interesting screencap, candy themed area???

so excited :3c