The currently unnamed stuffing rpg

hello! very great work nice sprite and character.
I can’t wait to see more :slight_smile:
Best rpg ever! 8)

[quote=“Aku, post:101, topic:721”]hello! very great work nice sprite and character.
I can’t wait to see more :slight_smile:
Best rpg ever! 8)[/quote]

I wouldn’t say best as much as only. Hopefully that changes soon. Also update is out.

Just got to play through the new update, and of course I really liked it lol

I wouldn’t wanna spoil much for others but yeah lots of stuff I liked, I haven’t ran into any bugs yet but I’ll save that for the bug thread

also you never cease to amaze me with these animals

I love the new bad ends. Great work on the new update, and while humbly trying to work on my own project I’m starting to realize the sheer depth of my amazement at how consistently and quickly you just get these things done. Also happy to see that you’re willing to submit the content for community enjoyment, even if everything doesn’t work out 100%, and know that everything was very enjoyable in spite of (very few, that I encountered) broken features.

I do have one small point of criticism though. It seemed like in this update, at least for me, that the melee centric characters were doing very little good. A lot of the enemies seemed to absorb seemingly endless amounts of attacks, while one boss in particular was all but immune, which made the boss really drag on for me. By the end the melee characters were just stuck on constant item-duty, feeding potions and stimulants to the mages who could actually do some damage, though the boss had no problem 1-hit KO’ing the squishier mage. The first boss fight included in this update, was on the contrary very quickly over and was much more of a relief to fight. It might be that I skipped one too many encounters, and ended up with underleveled characters or something along those lines, but perhaps if other people are having the same issue the enemies’ defense could do with a bit of rebalancing?

Dude just… just… WOW!! I …well… I got nothing your latest sprites just blew away anything I had going/working on hehe, Favorite bad end has to be the one towards the end of the update. I loved it I hope there is more party-centric bad ends in the future especially with that boss, I would worship them in a heart beat lmao Awesome job

found a glitch

Yeah I’m not sure how the numbers work for this stuff but you’re right melee is currently shit. I think I need to give enemies less defense and more hp.

I actually only like the Adipe sprite. I think Fress looks kind of like a fat lumpy hotdog. Also pretty sure I included psd files in the character folder with you in mind.

I’m dumb. Easy fix.

I actually only like the Adipe sprite. I think Fress looks kind of like a fat lumpy hotdog. Also pretty sure I included psd files in the character folder with you in mind.

Yeah the Phage and Adipe sprites are my fave out of the four, Fress … Hmm not sure how to feel though the text about how they each put some form of struggle before hand was a VERY nice touch. As for right now I took their sprites and made some sacrificial FAT cultists for… the Cult… and the goddess? lol I just have to give em some different hair styles as well as hair colors, Once I’m done with em I’ll link em to you and I’ll also see about making some generic regular ones as well. On a side note I looked at the bad end that at the moment is dysfunctional, Yeah I saw what you were trying to do with it so I can try my hand at it but could you to tell me in PM of course no need to spoil it for everyone hehe about how its supposed to go order wise as well as was there supposed to be more to it. I almost forgot yeah I looked at the psd files, much appreciated I think I may be able to make some new sprites from em with some mixing and matching plus editing hehe which brings me to ask is there anything in particular you might want me to try my hand at?

All in all dude SWEET job! This update was awesome and a “main” story is starting to emerge ^^ which brings to mind something that crossed my mind I’ll tell you in PM the thought.

Yes, a truly Magniphigent update! With some effort I could get my PC stuck at the moment when Phage comes seeking Lotta, but that only with rushing towards her. Waiting patiently for Lotta to take action everything went perfectly.
There might be some typos in the text, esp. where the goddess is introduced, but nothing too serious and they could be as well intentional, peculiarities with language and so on.
The ‘group bad end’ is fantastic! Can’t help loving it - and though the stone-statues (didn’t learn their name, sorry) were annoyingly tough to hammer down, the end game was definitely worth the grinding and relatively long walk uphill. The battle with the goddess is along my likes; not too hard but still possible to lose in order to see the bad end. :slight_smile: TYVM!
A sidenote, a mere thought. In great games like this one, I sometimes like to grind endless hours. So in case there are other similar blockheads around, how about a ‘cursed’ armor, erratic weapon or something to either lower the user’s stats considerably or - even better perhaps - gradually subtract more and more of their level? I have seen some cursed items in games. Never seen one to turn xp-accumulation to negative. Yeah, stupid and mostly annoying in most cases, but possibly hilarious to some folks who appreciate bad ends.

hmmm also I had a couple of questions
when phage gets healed by adipe she states that she’s fat even though she’s glutted, are you planning on actually making her fat for this part (though I know most people would probably keep her like that)
adipe also states that at the end of the run stating that there maybe times when she won’t be able to change them, does that mean over the course of the game they get permanently fatter (maybe as she gets stronger) or she is referring to the player not letting them thin down

[quote=“twib, post:108, topic:721”]

Yeah the Phage and Adipe sprites are my fave out of the four, Fress … Hmm not sure how to feel though the text about how they each put some form of struggle before hand was a VERY nice touch. As for right now I took their sprites and made some sacrificial FAT cultists for… the Cult… and the goddess? lol I just have to give em some different hair styles as well as hair colors, Once I’m done with em I’ll link em to you and I’ll also see about making some generic regular ones as well. On a side note I looked at the bad end that at the moment is dysfunctional, Yeah I saw what you were trying to do with it so I can try my hand at it but could you to tell me in PM of course no need to spoil it for everyone hehe about how its supposed to go order wise as well as was there supposed to be more to it. I almost forgot yeah I looked at the psd files, much appreciated I think I may be able to make some new sprites from em with some mixing and matching plus editing hehe which brings me to ask is there anything in particular you might want me to try my hand at?

All in all dude SWEET job! This update was awesome and a “main” story is starting to emerge ^^ which brings to mind something that crossed my mind I’ll tell you in PM the thought.[/quote]

There isn’t anything in particular right now now. Feel free to make whatever you like.

[quote=“tsap, post:109, topic:721”]Yes, a truly Magniphigent update! With some effort I could get my PC stuck at the moment when Phage comes seeking Lotta, but that only with rushing towards her. Waiting patiently for Lotta to take action everything went perfectly.
There might be some typos in the text, esp. where the goddess is introduced, but nothing too serious and they could be as well intentional, peculiarities with language and so on.
The ‘group bad end’ is fantastic! Can’t help loving it - and though the stone-statues (didn’t learn their name, sorry) were annoyingly tough to hammer down, the end game was definitely worth the grinding and relatively long walk uphill. The battle with the goddess is along my likes; not too hard but still possible to lose in order to see the bad end. :slight_smile: TYVM!
A sidenote, a mere thought. In great games like this one, I sometimes like to grind endless hours. So in case there are other similar blockheads around, how about a ‘cursed’ armor, erratic weapon or something to either lower the user’s stats considerably or - even better perhaps - gradually subtract more and more of their level? I have seen some cursed items in games. Never seen one to turn xp-accumulation to negative. Yeah, stupid and mostly annoying in most cases, but possibly hilarious to some folks who appreciate bad ends.[/quote]

I can probably make some cursed armor or something that makes you weaker than you would be while wearing nothing.

[quote=“avakann, post:110, topic:721”]hmmm also I had a couple of questions
when phage gets healed by adipe she states that she’s fat even though she’s glutted, are you planning on actually making her fat for this part (though I know most people would probably keep her like that)
adipe also states that at the end of the run stating that there maybe times when she won’t be able to change them, does that mean over the course of the game they get permanently fatter (maybe as she gets stronger) or she is referring to the player not letting them thin down[/quote]

Phage was mostly just a little inflated after Adipe fixed her. There wasn’t much time for her to digest all that milk, but anyone looking at her would probably just call her fat. What Adipe said at the end was mostly about what would happen if they were separated or she was out of mana. Her spells are hard to make so most of them were unfinished, but the weight loss spell is going to have some sort of small restriction on it. As for getting fatter over the course of the game goes, Lots of npcs are going to do this, but for the party members weight management is going to be a very important. Some characters like Lotta are going to fight better the fatter they are, and people like Phage the agile rouge are going to fight worse, but there may end up being attacks you can only avoid at certain weight levels. Even Mastiphigia was going to have a move that sucked the weight off a character and would do damage if she was too skinny, but I had to level it out for now as it’s a big amount of code to work with.

uhhh, i hate to be “that” guy, but i’m a little lost after the switch from lotta to fress

something about sugar peak, and mage guild, but i don’t really have a direction to go to?

oh you have to talk to a certain character to get an item to continue

Bug fix version is out.
Includes spell checking by Hewhovexes so that I don’t sound like an illiterate babyman.
Removed the fairy and teleporter that could accidentally cause you to get a game over. (accidentally left a cupcake but he doesn’t do anything so no big deal)
New status effects for every elemental spell, and a new ultimate fat ability for Lotta, which isn’t working 100% the way I want it but its good enough for now.

The new ultimate ability should only need Glutted status, right? Or is there also a level requirement?

Should only need the glutted status. If it isn’t working try resetting her weight level. If that doesn’t work I must have done something wrong.

Something seems to have indeed gone wrong with the new ability. I’ve got her Roll and Belly Bump showing up, with her other, normal abilities.

I’ll take further discussion of this into the bug thread, if I have any more to add.

Uncertain if this question has already been answered, but I only skimmed the 8 pages of text for this thread. Do you intend fat and fullness to be two separate status effects with different visual effects on the characters, or will players only get full aside from bad ends, with npcs getting fat? I’m interested where you will go with the allocation stones, but I’m wondering if player characters getting fat will have a different visual and mechanical effect to just getting stuffed. Perhaps triggered by going for too long with high food status.

I had originally intended to do something similar to this, but I ran into problems getting it to work after the party became more than one character. I’ll be attempting to rewrite the event that handles the party weight system before the next update. I want to have finished weight gain sprites before I release the next update, so everyone can get a feel for the attunment system. The basics of it are like this. "You’re walking around in a cave, and you stumble into an area you haven’t seen before. There’s a chest in the corner, and it has a Fress weight gain attunment stone. Turn that on and Fress will stop stuffing that belly and start filling out all over. Attunment stones will be character specific, and will be given as rewards for exploring or completing quests and challenges.

I had originally intended to do something similar to this, but I ran into problems getting it to work after the party became more than one character. I’ll be attempting to rewrite the event that handles the party weight system before the next update. I want to have finished weight gain sprites before I release the next update, so everyone can get a feel for the attunment system. The basics of it are like this. "You’re walking around in a cave, and you stumble into an area you haven’t seen before. There’s a chest in the corner, and it has a Fress weight gain attunment stone. Turn that on and Fress will stop stuffing that belly and start filling out all over. Attunment stones will be character specific, and will be given as rewards for exploring or completing quests and challenges.[/quote]

Awesome. Let me know if you’re ever looking for any assistance from a design standpoint. I’m only a mediocre programmer and a terrible artist, but I am good at story writing, and at planning and designing mechanics. For instance, I had the thought that many of the stuffing enemies weren’t very threatening, because if they fed you they restore your hit points. But that seemed fine, since they are giving you food, but the thought then struck me that perhaps if a stuffing enemy begins to feed you while you area already glutted past the maximum, you actually begin to take damage from being too stuffed rather than healing, which makes those enemies more potentially dangerous if the party doesn’t manage their weight reduction, or rather specifically stuffing reduction methods (some of which might actually include gaining weight to metabolize the food).