The Feeding Game - A a bit less barebones RPG Maker game.

As of right now, there’s just not much too it. This is a really basic demo in its most basic form, and really only serves to let you walk slowly and painfully because a cutscene is happening or you got fat apparently, or to mash the feed button on the princess to change dialogue mildly.

I am looking forward to seeing this game grow, but right now its just a tedious test piece that I had frustration with more than fun or boredom.

2 Likes

Ok, so after a week of the first version, i am making a small announcment. i am currently working on the game and i make more or less good progress, althought i struggle a bit with the scripting stuff, especially when i try to make a character outside of the party use an item. because anything is a bit chaotic at the monent, and i think that the next update should at least contain some content, i will set a goal for myself.

This will include:

At least 4 Playable (and feedable) characters, each one with at least 3-4 skills.
Plains and Woods will contain at least 5 normal areas and 1 or 2 Event areas
The Woods will additional contain a Boss
At least 3 Berry types who can be got from bushes
At least 3 Fruit types who can be got from Trees
More craftable Food items (At least one for every basis ingredient from the Trees and bushes)
A more fleshed out Battle System, which also is more dependent on food (Inspired by the Vale-City games)
And at least one bad ending (as well as a room where the bad endings can be accessed so you dont need to die every time you want to access that ending)

I am not thaaaaaat quick, but i think i should be able to do that in a few weeks.

4 Likes

“Hello, I wanna play a game”

1 Like

Ok, new Update after a few months of nothing :sweat_smile:
I remade the game in RPG Maker MZ instead of MV after I realized that it’s the better option for me overall. However, I am currently struggling with my concentration, and I am unsure what I should implement next.
I have to admit that my stamina isn’t the best. I am also in general more interested in gameplay rather than writing scenes, which lead to some a bit unfinished scenes.
So if someone has an idea what i should do next, i would love to hear it :smiley:

3 Likes

new small update :smiley:
mainly a few improvements in terms of bugs and graphics. i think the next thing i will tackle is the upgrade system, so its more rewarding to grind the game.

1 Like

it aint letting me play game

Thats… strange. how did you got the error? directly at starting?

1 Like

i just extracted file and just opened the exe file and im using an pc if you didnt know because i didnt show my full screen

i have no clue what happen never had this problem happened should i redownload it or something or you might have fix something i have no idea

Same, unfortunately.
Hm, ok. can you pls try it again and then press F8?
that should open a console. there you should find a better description of the error. pls make a screenshot from that so i can better see what the problem is.

1 Like

do i have hold you met look like it aint workin i press it the F8 button it might be crtl i have tried is there different way i can do that

i found it i forgot to enable it the f8

1 Like

honestly, its the first time i ever had to deal with such a thing and i cannot reproduce the bug. probably something got wrong with the uploads.

1 Like

true im restart the download see what happens

i know some people that can fix bug errors ask tiggertoo he might be very helpful when it come with that

1 Like

there nicksav he rpg maker game maker you could ask him for help ill make private for ya guy to fix the problem just give nicksav time to reply he might help just got take patience that all you need

1 Like

Am I crazy? Somehow this new update is buggier than the old one I had. Collecting the fruit seems to do nothing, it’s not in my inventory and I can’t use it for crafting. I wish they explained any of the menus or mechanics in the game. Really don’t know how to interact with the princess, what the heck do I do now that the witch is in my party? Also, there’s invisible walls in the store for some reason, really weird. And some of the witch’s scenes are broken/dont finish properly.

1 Like

Really? ok, i think thats not only because of the code. I think something broke during the upload. the problem with the invisible walls has actually happened to me more than once. this has to do with the layer system and is sometimes easy to overlook when editing the map. I think I know how the bug with the bushes comes about, in which case I probably haven’t tested enough. Unfortunately, my stamina is not the best, I often just go for it in order to at least achieve something. Unfortunately, this also means that I often don’t test enough. That was my mistake, I apologize for that. I’ll try to make an update with the corresponding fixes and a small tutorial crystal so you know exactly what you have to do.

1 Like

ok, made a new update with some fixes and more explanations. hope you will enjoy it. even though I haven’t looked into the witch scenes yet. they haven’t really been tested yet because I wanted to focus on the basics first. I’ll look at it again right away.

1 Like