The Freshman 50 - TextAdventure (Early Version)

For about 2 years now I’ve been lurking on this site, and I decided it was high time I made… anything. Since I write weight gain stories (and lack skill in art and programming) I naturally decided to try my hand at a text adventure/twine game!

It’s pretty dang short and still a WIP. WARNING: Only one of the two paths at the start of the game is fleshed out. I plan on adding a bunch more content that you can see the beginnings of, but the whole “game” in general is kind of a proof of concept of a larger idea.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, please let me know what you think of it so far, what you’d like to see, and if anything in it sucks dong.

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/ubfcphg9f0ivsh3qrugbgq/the-freshman-50

27 Likes

Very nicely done buddy, I can tell this is going to be fun.

That being said, are you going to focus on one route at a time, or are you hoping to flesh out other branches?

1 Like

This is a fun little play through, I quite enjoyed it! You are a very good writer, which definitely helps in the Text Adventure game department.

My only critique is that the pacing felt super quick, which while somewhat expected in a Text Adventure felt a little weird when I’ve made exactly one choice all game and suddenly I’m being described as having rolls all over and having gained a ton of weight. It is probably worth spacing the timing out to feel a little more realistic in areas.

Either way, I’ll definitely enjoy coming back to this game when there is another update.

1 Like

big fan of your stories on DA so this was a wonderful surprise. Hope to see more in the future!

1 Like

So far everything looks to be working, good start for the project.

2 Likes

I’ve been going down mostly one path at a time in terms of fleshing out content lol

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, I wanted this as a simple little playthrough lol. However, I don’t think I ever went to tons of rolls and weight gained, most of it was semi-realistic stuffing, versus actual weight gain.

Thank you! I appreciate that

I’m working on another bigger idea right now BUT I’m not exactly sure where I want to take that, and I wanted to put out something smaller just to get my foot in the door lol.