The Grandmaster of Gluttony [v0.3.1 Release]

What is the Grandmaster of Gluttony?
The Grandmaster of Gluttony is a weight gain text-adventure game made in twine, and it follows the adventures of you, the player (referred to completely gender neutrally, though most sprites are female). You’ve been given the task of hunting down and capturing the titular Grandmaster of Gluttony. The game features multiple different routes through the Grandmaster’s domain, but the path will be dangerous. Her domain is filled with many different obstacles that can fatten the player up, eventually leading to multiple different endings depending on where you’re at in the game!

The current version contains about 33,000 words, with 8 different endings being obtainable. The different endings aren’t the only attraction, though. There are plenty of different systems and descriptions throughout the game that allow the player to gain weight without getting an ending. And, of course, there are pictures!

Art Taken From the Game

In-Game Screenshots

(Images made using NovelAI, sorry I can’t afford a real artist)

There’s plenty of stuff to do in this version of the game, so if the game looks at all interesting I’d recommend giving it a try! If you encounter any bugs, or just feel like leaving some constructive criticism then feel free to leave a comment below. I’ll try to fix any issues people have as soon as possible.

And… that’s about it. You can download Grandmaster from my itch page, totally free! Donations are appreciated, but won’t actually go towards further development of this game. Enjoy!

NEW UPDATE! V0.3.1
I explain more in a reply down below, but this is going to be the last update for the game for a while. I hope that you guys enjoy this last bit of content that I’ve just added, and please report any bugs you find. To be honest, the changes to the UI were made pretty hastily, so I wouldn’t be super surprised if something is broken. Also, yes, the Immobile stage being kinda tiny is intentional. I couldn’t really figure out a great way to display it in a better manner without committing a ton of time, so I’m just leaving it as is.

Update 0.2.0 Changelog

Major Changes

• Added a new chamber to the Forest
  • Added a new chamber to the Dungeon
  • Respective characters added to new chambers
  • Beginnings of alternate paths through the Grandmaster’s domain have been added
  • 3 new endings added, now totaling 8
  • Word count increased from 21,000 to 33,000

Minor Changes

• Changed the color of links throughout the entire game
  • Slightly nerfed the amount of fattening the Priestess does in order to balance the Forest a bit more
  • Fixed mathematical errors in the quiz chamber
  • Various grammar fixes throughout the game
  • Other small tweaks
Update 0.3.0 Changelog

Major Changes

• Immobile stage added
  • Completely reworked the UI
  • Sidebar has been removed and replaced with a fleshed out character window that is much larger than the old one and has additional info regarding the player’s status
  • NPC window has been moved to the right of the textbox
  • NPC portraits have been enlarged and given borders to suit the characters
  • Title, saves, and previous passage button have been moved to the top right of the screen

Minor Changes

• Fixed some various grammar issues
  • Slightly touched up the “Fat” weight stage
  • Other small tweaks
Update 0.3.1 Changelog

Major Changes

• Added a new chamber to the Forest
  • Adjusted the UI so that it can scale to different screen sizes (Dynamic backgrounds on the weight stages have unfortunately been removed so that this could work)

Minor Changes

• Added some new formatting to images the appear within passages
  • Probably some other stuff that I forgot about
65 Likes

I’ve tried importing the game into twine but when I try to play it I keep getting an error message saying “There is no story with ID bd53a616-a92f-4bed-a78b-6534d1f98805”, will try redownloading.

You shouldn’t have to import into twine. If you double click the HTML file after downloading, it should just open up the game in your browser.

Hey just tried the game and I have to say that the art is great and for what there is it is nice.

Although when I tried to get all endings the third ending wouldn’t save so it wasn’t marked off and the answer to the math problem at the end of one path I believe is wrong unless I’m bad at math.

1 Like

Should be fixed now. Also, you’re right about the math so it should be updated to actually be correct now. Guess I got my order of operations mixed up, lol.

I love it, i’m hooked i got all the endings and i want more i can’t wait for it.

2 Likes

It certainly is a start, liking what is their so far especially the Moon Preistess

3 Likes

Alright, I have played and unlocked all 5 endings and I can safely say the following:

This game goes hard.

2 Likes

Quite a nice story it was fun to play.
Just one thnigs i think that the first weight stage should be the second, the first one as an adventurer should be ( i think ) with abs and stong arm.
Overall it’s was really fun can’t wait to see next update.

1 Like

Nice game, waiting impatiently for new updates, Moon mommy is pretty hot btw

5 Likes

I’m not big when it comes to text-based games, but I really enjoyed playing this. I was surprised about how well the AI Art looked. I do hope to see more of this game and any other project you might do in the future.

1 Like

This is made with novelai? can you give me the tags you used?

Really digging it so far. Wondering if you plan to let the game open up later to kind of be more sandbox or not? Weight seems to be super easy to accumulate though, but maybe there’s still playable plans around that. Maybe some character customization? Even if it’s fairly basic like just gender and name?

1 Like

For most of the art, I just used either the full or curated anime diffusion and typed in most of the stuff you’d expect would work. (huge belly, fat, bbw, etc.) For the larger sizes, though, it gets a bit tricky. A guy on Deviantart taught me this trick (Crosby345 User Profile | DeviantArt, he posts alot of good AI generated fats), but if you want to get larger sizes then you have to start with the furry diffusion (add human in the tags if you don’t actually want furry stuff). The popular tags on the furry diffusion are much more fat friendly, so when you do stuff like “morbidly obese” and “hyper belly” they work much better. After you get a decent starting point using the furry diffusion, the next step is to upload the image into the full or curated diffusion, and it’ll make it look much more appealing. To be honest, though, it’s not really that practical and it takes a hell of a long time to actually make a product that looks good.

There’s a few things I want to address here. First of all, I’d like to just say that since this is my first project I’m trying to keep the scope in a manageable state, and adding stuff like character customization and a larger world would slow down development significantly. Once I finish Grandmaster, I plan on evaluating the overall state of the game and my own enjoyment in developing it, and depending on what happens I may make another game. If I did start another project, though, it would definitely have quite an expanded scope; and character customization would definitely be included in there.

TL;DR No, character customization is probably not coming to Grandmaster (at least not any time soon).

Touching on your other point, weight is intentionally very easy to accumulate. I have an entire map of the game made, and I’ve tried to balance the weight around the amount of challenges in a route. For example, the dungeon route is going to be more combat-focused than the forest route, so the mimic causes the player to gain significantly less weight than the moon priestess does. I don’t want to spoil too much, so the only other thing I’ll say is that the numbers associated with various challenges are made in a deliberate way (also these numbers could always end up being a bit too high or too low, so I’ll be re-tuning them accordingly).

14 Likes

Really enjoyed the demo so looking forward to more of this.

2 Likes

Most Impressive

5 Likes

That was great,thoroughly enjoyed! Good job!

1 Like

I don’t suppose there will be an option to make a certain Moon much, much bigger, hmm?

2 Likes

idk how this hasn’t gotten more attention, i’m loving the snippet of chubs we’ve gotten already ^^

3 Likes

This game is pretty good, im not much of a reader but i do enjoyed this

I love the way you can see the MC’s body on the menu and the numerous branching endings one can achieved

All in all, a solid 7.9 out of 10

2 Likes